It's Thursday and I decided to stop by

George T.
on 3/23/11 4:37 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
It's been so long since I came by, some people might not even know who I am.  LOL.

Not going to promise I will stop by more often, but I will try. 

Gained a little weight, but hopefully have it under control.  Decided, even though I work overnight, I will not eat after midnight any more.  Normally I snack on cheese or rice snacks.  I am stopping that and just drinking my Crystal Light until I go home at 6AM. 

My season is getting here soon.  And I am looking so forward to April 23rd.  My birthday is April 19, I will be 60.  Having a big BBQ in Arlington, TX.  Anyone interested in stopping by, let me know.  We will be at Vandergriff Park from about 11 to 3:30.  Eileen already said she will be there, looking forward to meeting her.

Hope everyone has a good day, and hope I can try to get on course to touch base more often.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

ohwegoblues
on 3/23/11 7:30 pm - NY
Hey George !!!! Nice to see you..hope you and Mary are doing well.
Back to school today trudging thru snow and now ice. I AM SO OVER WINTER !!!! WE really need some nice weather and sunshine here in New York. I'm sure by now we are all suffering from a "lack" of Vit. D.
Ah well, I can't control the weather...so off I go.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday...prayers and blessings to all..needed or not.

Hugs...
Marcy
Monica B.
on 3/23/11 7:46 pm - Emery, SD
Oh George so good to hear from you. You have been missed. How is Mary doing? How was the trip? How is your son's new venture working out. And Baseball is almost here for you. Lots of excitment here with spring camps all around us. I am sure your Birthday bash will be wonderful.
Creeping pounds put on in winter is often a problem. I told Carla and Candy (we had a girls evening Tuesday) I have put 5 on. Amazing what food can do when you are sober. Watching my intake and have upped my water. Eating much more whole grains and veggies here too. We are trying to have a big lunch and small dinner.
We adopted a dog 6 weeks ago and he is keeping us busy with walks and visit to the dog park. I am happy here in southwest FL, haven't been this GREAT in many many months. OFF helps alot to sustain my well being and diminish my OCDing.
Sober 141 days and so proud of me.
Not much on for today, the pollen is so thick, everything outside is covered with a saffron colored fine powder. I washed my face, eyes, and took a wet wash cloth to my hair when we got back from our evening visit to the dog park, but it was very breezy and think I just got to much on me. Woke up at 3 with a headache and realized Yoda sleeps on the bed and sometimes my pillow. Since he was out to he must be covered with the pollen too. DUH....will need to brush him each night to help get the stuff off him so. I wonder how long this pollination will last? Headache is almost gone as 5:30 approaches.
Wore my new sundress yesterday and feel perky in it, comfy too. Many residents are getting ready to leave for home in the next 2 weeks. Hundreds of RV heading north from all over will make the roadways interesting indeed. Glad we aren't planning a northern trip until later this spring. With gas and diesel so %%%$$$$%%% so high I am thinking to stay here and fly up to see kids and gkids a few times instead of driving up there and staying for 4 months before we return. Gkids don't get out of school until last week of June, black fly season in MA month of May and you are consumed by these bugs, MA campground won't have people and stuff happening until July.....so why go north? Planted seed in hubby's mind. Like I said I am happy here in this area and campground and feel safe. Wish me help in our decision.
Hope Candy is having fun on her trip. Getting another cup of coffee now. Have great day to all and again George thanks for checking in. Monica

George T.
on 3/23/11 7:59 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
My word, has it been that long for me?  Wow!

The trip to Vegas was great!  Had a wonderful time.  We now have three more trips planned this year.  There will be two  short ones to Houston.  Two good friends from the Texas Message Board of OH are getting married.  May is the engagement shower and September is the wedding.  We will be there for both.  Then, in between, in August, we will be going to Mary's high school reunion.  They do it different.  Anyone who has gone to the school, all at once.  But she went to school in Spain.  So we will be in Albuquerque in August at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort for 5 days.

My son's business in unbelieveable.  He has already made more money this year than he did in all of last year.  He has 17 drivers working for him.

Congrats on the 141 days.  Keep on going.  One day at a time.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

ceeidee
on 3/23/11 8:18 pm
Hi George,

Nice to see you. Like you I haven't been around much or at least posting as much as the "old" days. :-) I do read everyday.

For those *****member me, you may remember that Tom's job went to Taiwan a couple of years ago and he has been getting his doctorate, well.... I am up way too early. I think it's anxiety about flying as Tom and I head out to the East for a job interview for him at a small college. I guess this means he has a pretty good chance as they want to meet him in person and have him "teach" a class. He is soooo excited and I am too although we may have to leave our home and family and my job that I really love. We have to go where the job is so we just have to hang on to all the positives and we'll figure out the rest as we go. It is exciting too though I have to admit. Very exciting actually. An adventure for both of us together at this time of our lives is kinda cool.
They have paid for Tom's way and our accommodations, and rental car and so this is sort of a little mini vacation. I will have all day Friday to hang out with me and that sounds lovely.

My mom has been dx with kidney cancer and possible pancreatic cancer and will have surgery to remove her kidney in a couple of weeks. She isn't in too good of shape so not sure if this is the way to go but it's the way she wants so we will support whatever she chooses to do. Dad is in the hospital right now on IV antibiotics for cellulitis in his legs and for wound care. I swear they have been in the hospital more than out of it these past couple of years!

Carla, Candy and Monica's get together sounded so fun. It is so wonderful when we get to meet each other in person.

Karen, Nancy and Laureen, I don't see how you guys do all that you do. I can barely go to work and come home and keep laundry and groceries caught up. I just don't have the umph. Hoping to get back on track with healthy eating and walking. I signed up for weigh****chers on-line but have mostly just "watched my weight" move up....

Well, it's 3:15AM and almost time to wake up my handsome hubby and get to the airport.

Take care all and I'm so glad I can still drop by and see all my old friends and read about all the newer folks too!

Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Debbiejean
on 3/23/11 10:02 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hugs Cheryl, sounds like you have a lot on your plate with your parents. I know how that can be, all ready done that with mom and grandma and my ex MIL.
Hang in there and take time for yourself.
karen C.
on 3/24/11 8:52 am - Kennewick, WA
Cheryl, Hope you have a great time!

Karen C

Debbiejean
on 3/23/11 9:53 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hi George and OFF family...George!!!! Whhooooo, thanks for posting, I've been thinking about you and all those crazy hours you work! Tell Mary howdy and have fun on your 60th Birthday bash!

Well the roads were not bad this morning...rode with hubby today, saving gas money where I can and I enjoy his heated seats!

Nothing new with me, only 4 people showed up for choir practice last night so we had a quartet!

Take care and George...stop in more often! Debbie
George T.
on 3/24/11 4:40 am - Grand Prairie, TX

No problem.   I will try to stop by more often.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Nancy H.
on 3/23/11 10:04 pm - Traverse City, MI
Good morning George & all!. It is great to see you. I wish I could be in Texas, I have 4 granddaughters in Kileen. 

I started some seeds for my garden. I have them in my dining room on an extra table I have. Put grow lights over them, I was only doing a few & I got carried away. Now the whole table is covered.

I am also a baseball fan. Looks like the Tigers are doing ok in spring training, I hope they can keep it up. Thats about all in my world, have a wonderful day all!!!
Nan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views