Dr. Phil - WLS - Orange Analogy

theelopers
on 4/4/11 11:28 pm - Glendale, AZ
Last night I got home from work, turned on the TV and nothing was on so I scanned through the channels and Dr. Phil said he was going to be talking to a woman who had lost 100+ pounds after weight loss surgery...so I cued in and watched it.

It was amazing...it was as though I was sitting there talking to him...I could SOOOO relate to what she was saying. She said she felt she had "lost her identity"...and that's what I have been telling my husband for about 6 months now.

It's sorta like an orange once you've taken off the rind...the rind protects the "inner self" but once it's removed the "inner self" is exposed....and it takes on a new look (this is my analogy here). Vunerability is a definite...not sure of what to expect...and then the separating of the orange segments...and the individuality begins. Each segment of that orange represents something in us...fear of rejection, fear of "what if", who am I, what am I supposed to be doing, where do I go from here, failure, set-backs, etc.

However if we take those segments and turn them over to God, He will take care of them...He has a plan for each of us and His ways are higher than our ways...He loves us and protects us...He IS, He WAS, He ALWAYS WILL BE. We have to trust Him wholly, knowing that whatever we are going through He is our Guide, our Protector and our Father.

I struggle with handing it all over to Him and leaving it there..."Here God, take this...and this...oh, wait a minute I can do that one." I need to learn to leave it at the foot of the cross and rely on God to see me through.

Father, I come to you today, bearing this open flesh, giving it over to you to heal, to guide, to protect. I know that I must rely on You to see me through no matter what. Help me to leave my "stuff" at the foot of the cross and live the life you have set out for me. Show me where You want me to go, how You want me to serve. Give me Your peace that only You can provide. Amen!

HW: 336      BW:323     CW:265     GW:180

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

Theresa C.

Pat R.
on 4/5/11 6:02 am - Sturgis, MI
Thanks for posting this -- I know we all feel the same way at times.  And it is difficult to let it all go and trust in God to handle it....

We missed you, but understand there was a message you needed to hear.

Peace, Love, and hugs,
Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Debbiejean
on 4/5/11 10:25 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hi girlfriend!!!!
Loved your post! Are you going to the Bariatric Reunion? I will be volunteering, checking people in and giving them their name tags. If you go be sure to tell me who you are now since I might not recognize you!!! But I betcha I will.

I could identify with your post, learning the new thinner you. Who are we? The fat suit comes off and their is nothing to "protect us". When I was fat, I had space. Now that I'm "normal size" people get into my space and I feel crowded! A lot of us feel that way.
I remember looking into the mirror and asking "Who is this woman?" It was scary. I was never thin before and at one time I was too thin. Finding that "happy spot" of what size you want to be can be tricky. Regaining weight is scary too. Can I control it? Can I stop when I get back to to the size I want to be? Always head stuff to deal with. We can get a grip on it. Hugs Debbie
theelopers
on 4/6/11 2:29 am - Glendale, AZ
I don't remember seeing anything come in the mail for the reunion!  When is it?  Geez...it doesn't seem like it's been a year since the last one already. 
Debbiejean
on 4/6/11 3:24 am - Shelbyville, MI

You should be getting your invitation in the mail sometime this week or next.
It's April 30th in the LEC Auditorium.
I'll be volunteering my time, checking people in so I will look for you! Hugs Debbie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views