TGIF what's new????????????

Margo M.
on 4/14/11 7:51 pm - Elyria, OH
back to work...lots of homework......not quite enuff sleep.....
talk to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Debbiejean
on 4/14/11 9:48 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Good morning Margo and OFF family to post later. Payday Friday! Whhoooo!

It's cold here today, bring me the sunshine...but the darn weather girl says rain and more rain. Good thing I have 3 books to read this weekend...along with doing laundry and cleaning a little, I think I will sit back and relax this weekend. I'm fighting a stupid cold so I'll listen to my body and take it easy.

Take care and hugs and prayers for all those in need. Debbie
grammylew
on 4/14/11 10:02 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
It's Friday! Weather is still holding, sunny and warm! I am praying for those in tornado country. I've seen first hand the devistation!
Our son and DIL are looking into buying a lot in a campground near the coast to put their travel trailer on. Then they'll fill out a schedule for all their friends for a kinda time share thing. Sounds good if they can get it for a decent price. They'll move it if a hurricane threatens.
Today I have to go to the hosp. and get a CD of my CT to take to my surgical oncologist on Monday. I am hoping he will schedule the removal of this dang chemo port.
Tuesday I am going for a very much needed fill. Some days I can eat anything! Other days not so much. I want him to cinch me down! Why is it cookies and candy ALWAYS go through!!?? On our way back from there we will stop at Costco! I have a love/hate relationship with that place!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!!

Grammylew in Jax

ohwegoblues
on 4/14/11 10:09 pm - NY

GOOD Morning OFF !!!!
 Lovely sunny day here but, very cold. I had to turn the heat on !!!!
 I did my taxes last night...hate doing them. Woke up this morning to the email that said they were "rejected". Damn they even reject my taxes?  I filled in a number wrong..doesn't matter to me I owed  a little to both Fed and state. Just glad its done for another year.
 Off to shower and then I'm spending another glorious day with Liam.
 Everyone have a good day.

annette R.
on 4/14/11 10:20 pm - ithaca, NY
Never enough sleep for students Margo. I think it is great that you are back in school.

Kisses
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Monica B.
on 4/14/11 10:53 pm - Emery, SD
Sober 163 days and so proud of me.
Slowly puttering around RV packing little objects that might "spill" during the move. Rather have them under blankets or in cloth bags than on the floor. Once I forgot to put hubby's small 3 drawer tool box in a safe place and wound up PICKIN UP hundreds of screws, nuts, washers, and MAN treasures. We are only going about 3 NYC blocks & around a few corners to our new site. But the speed bumps in here are similar to SC railroad tracks at times.....BUMPY. My OCDing @ this move is at a 6 out of 10. Most concerned @ unhitching the hitch from truck. Very tricky, finicky at times. Level ground front, back, and sides so important. All the "indicator levels" need to have that little bubble in the middle. This takes minute adjustments to the electronic leveling system. When the right place of equilibrium is achieved, the hitch releases with an easy pull by hubby. When all is NOT just right, more adjustments until the pull works. Last time it took 3 hrs to get the right pull, his left shoulder, arm, back shot....weeks of pain afterward. The TRAVELING BRA is on and ready to help.
Not too hot here yet. Lots of sun. Yoda is still in bed. We all had such fun at the dog park last night. 4 small older dogs, and a 4 month old Airedale, exuberance abounding, boxing with front paws, abandoned running & chasing, butt sniffing, leaping, and dog glee. Watching Yoda tearing across the large park with a huge grin, ears flapping, and little legs working gives me pleasure. There has been a national contest for animal rescue center going on since April 1st. Easy to do and we have been diligent in voting and urging others to do so. Winning center get 100K grant. Sarasota SPCA is in 83rd place. Rochester NY, Southern Mississippi, 2nd; and Dakin Animal Shelter in the Amherst MA area in 3rd. The Dakin is where our vet helps out & we adopted our Siberian husky, Panda, there in 1996. Sending virtual prayers they can claim the prize, but the people in Rochester and Mississippi are thousand of votes ahead. I know that which ever place wins, the animals win and that is a blessing.
Hope you all have a great TGIF. Hugs Monica

grammylew
on 4/14/11 11:12 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Monica, still so hugely proud of you. Reading your tails of leveling your trailer brought back such memories.
My DH and I are discussing getting solor panals. The IRA I inherited from Momma renews next year. I would have to pay taxes on the distribution, BUT we should get a tax break for installing them.
Does anyone have any experience with them? I know we will have to get a really reliable company. I am excited thinking about it.

Grammylew in Jax

Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 11:33 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Margo, Grammy, Monica, Debbie, Others

Wishing you all the best day possible, short and sweet here,
TGIF says it all for me today!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

poegirl100
on 4/15/11 12:44 am - Cibolo, TX
Gorgeous Spring day here!  I wish I could send it to you all as a greeting!!!  Instead I'll just settle for saying, "Hello!"

Had a much better day, eating-wise, yesterday.  Feel like I got back on track.  I tried some redfish for my supper.  It was pretty good.  Very thick and meaty.  I've never had it before.  I could only eat half of the small portion I cooked.

I do wish I could break through the 240s and down into the 230s!  I'm tired of being stuck at 241.

Getting ready to leave for Houston in a couple of hours.  Hubby made it to Amsterdam just fine last night.  He'll be home around 2 p.m. today.  Yay!

So, we'll stop for dinner on the way home at this little restaurant we like.  I'm thinking about ordering the beef tenderloin.  I haven't tried any beef except a little hamburger in a stew.  But I'm wondering if I can eat the tenderloin now.  It just sounds so good!  I like fish and chicken, but I'm ready for a bite of beef.  And it won't go to waste.  Hubby will probably fini**** off for me, or I can bring the extra home in a box.

If I can eat the tenderloin, I think that might be what I serve for Easter dinner.  My whole family loves it. 

I got all the spring newsletters for the POA at the lake (I'm on the Board) folded, stamped and addressed last night.  I'll drop them in the mail on my way out of town today.  Big annual meeting next month in May.  I wish my term was up!  But I still have another year to serve.  I'm ready to let someone else take over.  I just want to be free to travel to see my kids and play when my husband is home.

I got down my Easter "box" from the attic last night to see what was in there.  I think I have plenty of colored grass and plastic eggs to make a pretty basket for Benny.  We've decided to give him a sandbox, which won't exactly fit in a basket!  But I've bought him a book and a little pink pig that oinks (other grandma already bought him a bunny!)  I love Easter!  I hope it doesn't rain.

I'd better shake a leg.  Got some clean up to do before I leave for the airport.  Have a wonderful, glorious Friday everyone!

Vickie

Vickie 

Nancy H.
on 4/15/11 12:46 am - Traverse City, MI
Glad Dh is on his way home!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 369 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy