Whats Up for Wednesday??

Monica B.
on 5/10/11 8:44 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all of US. Sober 190 days and so proud of me.
Wow have I been sick. Started Monday afternoon, tummy not great and such fatigue. Yesterday was spent on the couch, sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. Something had attacked my entire body with 2x4's and beat me all over, inch inside and out. I didn't want food, just drank a ton of water. Around 3 I had some chix soup and that helped, then some toast at 9. Su*****redible fatigue, I was amazed. Went to my bed before 11 and got up at 6. Slept all night. Trying coffee now, body sore, but better.
Yoda was concerned about me...he would come over and give me face kisses throughout the day. Hubby didn't hover, so I knew he knew to keep away....
Have nothing planned, will listen to body and be good to me.
However, on Monday we did go to Best Buy and had a wonderful store experience. Our Jess, middle child from planet XX, wild teen, wild women....who turns 31 on Saturday...nice, responsible, caring, married, mother to 2 cats, still getting tatoos, still wild but soften, suggested I bring my laptop for a check up at Best Buy. Saw the Geek Squad manager, told him how on line his crew has 3 bad reviews and I chose his store so I could write a GREAT review and get some satisfaction. He was so professional, listened to my concerns and troubles, and then examined places on the computer I didn't know existed. He even checked out my new but couldn't get it to work camera and SD card. Then he gave me instructions patient while I wrote them out step by step, to go home and do the fixes. He didn't try to sell me a fix in house plan or anything else...just wanted me to be happy with what he could do. I was able to begin some of the fixes and felt empowered with his guidance. Freeing up space will help. The computer is overloaded with photo's and documents. Too many duplicate photo's and too many driving here and there instructions, so instead of cleaning out cabinets, drawers, and crannies, cleaning out computer today. I will go slow and not do a helter skelter delete..wish me help, but I feel confident.
Wishing all a happy Wednesday, hugs Monica

Debbiejean
on 5/10/11 9:52 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Dear Monica,
Go Girl...190 days sober! I'm so proud of you.
Hope your feeling better today and just resting.

Today we have our dinner at Uccello's for the people who sang in the choir at our church. I'm sure fun will be had by all!

It's going to get hot today and I'm excited. More staff are walking during their lunch and breaks, it's nice to see people getting out and walking does help with stress.

I'm sipping on my Matcha green tea and taking my vitamins right now. It's going to be a great day today. Oh...and the DJ's on B-93 said gas might go up 30 more cents! Yikes so I filled my tank up, thank goodness I still had a half of tank. Hubby was driving in front of me on the highway so I called him and gave him a heads up on the gas hike. Hugs Debbiejean
grammylew
on 5/10/11 10:25 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin', ya'll.
Two Wednesday threads. I'll go with this one.
I am going with my DIL to see another neurologist. Her bad headaches continue. She has had 2 MRIs, taking Topomax daily, and the headaches are still nearly unbearable. I hope someone can figure them out. I am going with her because our son has an MRI for his back at the same time. When the military gives you an appt. you don't ask them to reschedule or you could be waiting another 3 months!
I hope you folks looking for a better job have gotten some positive results.
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Monica B.
on 5/10/11 11:19 pm - Emery, SD

Always surprised me how often our pregnant patients didn't have daily migraines during their with child time. Hormones helped keep the headache monsters away. Wish I was current on medical TX for migraines. Don't know if there are new blood tests for hormone levels of women who suffer these dreadful monster life enjoyment draining headaches. Good diagnosis hunting today, prayers coming your way.

seasheleyes
on 5/10/11 11:52 pm - Manteca, CA

Grammy,
When my daughter was a senior in high school she had a year of debilitating headaches. The neurologist tried many things, but the thing that worked was blood pressure medicine. She did NOT have high blood pressure- but it worked like a charm. She took it for a few months and weaned off. Just a thought-
Julia

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/11/11 6:27 am - Green Valley, AZ
Grammylew,
   Will be praying for your DIL. It must be so difficult to cope with that much pain.   Mag

Judy G.
on 5/10/11 11:59 pm - Galion, OH

Morning Monica and OFF family!!

Well I just got back home from seeing the pain dr and he said I was doing very good so I do not have to go back again unless I am in severe pain! I told him about the pain I was having last few days in my back and where it was and he said it was the arthritis. Soooo I got more Vicodin to take when it flares up. Goody. He gave me more exercises to do and he said that should help me. I told him I started riding my bike again and he said good!! Great exercise and also walking! I told him I already walk alot in my job and also when I take Bandit out for potty walks. Got another great!!! :-)

Had some nasty weather in the area last night but missed us. Oh well atleast we got to see some of the light show...haha. Weahter here today is supposed to be very nice so I will be siting outside most of the day getting some sun!!! Soon as it hits my patio I am out there to enjoy it!!! And that friendly squirrel better keep away from me if it knows whats good for it!!! Bandit will get it for sure!!! LOL

Rick's friend from S. Carolina fixed my computer so the printer will now print!! Yup he did it all the way from his place in S. Carolina!!! It was cool to watch him make things move on here and we weren't touching anything!!! LOL Amazing!!! And to find out all this time it was the firewall that would not let it work!!! Weird!!!

Well better get going here and check out a few more things before I head outside for the day. Took chicken out of freezer to cook on the grill for supper. Sounded good for a change.

Prayers and thoughts for all that need them!!

HUGS

poegirl100
on 5/11/11 12:00 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning OFFdom!

Oh, celebrate with me!  I finally got under 230 this morning!  229.8.  I'll take it! 

Monica, I'm glad to see you back today.  I was worried about you yesterday.  I knew something was wrong.  Hope you improve greatly today and feel better!

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday.  She is 29 today.  Gee, where have the years gone?  I wish I was able to see her today, but I know she has plans to celebrate with her friends. 

I posted some new pictures on FB last night.  Took forever, and my "mouse shoulder" flared up again.  Still, the new pics of my family are there, if any of you want to go see them.  I'm Vickie Gibson Poe on FB.

Took me forever to figure out how to shrink my new avatar picture small enough for OH, too.  I also uploaded my official "before" pic on my profile in OH.  Wow, 45 pounds gone already.  Makes me SO happy!!!

Grammy, I'm going to walk on my treadmill again this morning.  How about you?  I know you have a full day taking your DIL to the doctor.  I hope they can help her headaches!  My youngest had terrible migraines for years, and we finally took her to see an acupuncturist.  She stopped having them!  Maybe your DIL could try that?

Today I have to put up squash from my garden.  Oh, how I wish I could send some to all of you.  My squashes and zuchinnis are just thriving right now and producing so much!  And my pinto beans are full and growing like wild fire.  I'll be picking and shelling beans for most of this month, starting in about a week.

Still haven't heard from my hubby, but I should get an email from him by noon today.  Once he gets to the rig, I can relax and stop worrying about him travelling through the Middle East.  He says he's never felt uneasy or threatened, but I'm a worry wart.  It only takes one crazy over there, you know?

Trish, be careful traveling today.  Hoping everyone else has a happy and productive day!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 5/11/11 12:13 am - Galion, OH

Vickie!!! WOW!!!!! 45lbs gone already!!!! You are doing fantastic!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Hey Vickie, I see your dog is still having some problems itching, I see that AVON's Skin So Soft helps with the itching. Have you ever tried that? If not, I have the directions if you want to try it. Let me know.

Would love some of your Zuchinni right now....lol was just thinking of it last night in fact...sauteing it up and then putting some parmesean cheese on it...yummm guess I will have to go to the store now and get me some...lol.

Hope you hear from your hubby soon so you will stop worrying!!! I would worry also if he were my hubby!!!

HUGS

poegirl100
on 5/11/11 12:27 am - Cibolo, TX
FYI--Just got an email from Butch.  He made it to the rig just fine.  Now he'll be there for the next 28 days, and I know he's safe once he's out on the water.  (BP Oil Spills are VERY rare--the industry is fanatical about safety.)  He worries more about me being alone here than about him being over there!  Silly man.

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views