friday??? whats new????

Margo M.
on 5/12/11 7:00 pm - Elyria, OH
i swear i dunno what day it is anymore..except that i work today so it MUST be friday!

hot humid yesterday ...fantastic light show last nite on my way home- the litning broke the sky to white!!!!!

life at my house is in a bit of an uproar...not sure how it's gonna pan out...

so...talk away............

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Nancy B
on 5/12/11 8:01 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, dear Margo! *hugs* and good morning to my OH family!

I'm still up..ready for bed...it's just getting light outside and raining. Ive been up all night trying to write for my website to give my 50 vendors all the information that they need for the wellness show in two weeks time. Also, I've been making name tags and schedules and individual floorplans for each vendor. My focus right now is marketing the event...radio, newspaper, TV, posters.

Add to that, the continuing process of Mother's funeral..still waiting for Dad's grave site to dry up somemore.  Been to the lawyer, the Legion, the cemetary twice, the credit union, the funeral home four times and now waiting for probate because Mom had a RIF that means the estate needs to be probated for that amount. The Lawyer designated the final will as being legitimate (since we found FIVE different wills, most in her own handwriting but witnessed by staff of the retirement place where she lived before moving to the nursing home).

As Executor of the will and Power of Attorney, I will distribute her monies as she has designated (whether I agree with her wishes or not, that's not for me to determine).  I suspect that my adopted sister who is addicted to cocaine will possibly overdose herself wthin six months after I have to give her the share that Mother has decided to give her.  My other sister...she may refuse to accept (since she had no use for Mother while she was alive)...but that is highly unlikely...lol. I'm sure she will take whatever she can get anyways. Regardless, they can both have what they want. But they both have to sign the lawyer's letters that  is preparing for me, regardless if they accept or refuse Mom's money.  At this point, I just do not care anymore...they can have it all.  I don't need it but at least I can sleep at night. Amazing how dysfunctional families can be and how death brings the vultures out. I'm just tired of it all.  I just want to bury my Mother and have some closure.

Please forgive me...seems like all I post here is whining about this.  It's really wearing me down, this whole mess. I've had enough.

On thepositivre side, JB brought in about five pounds of freshly-cut asparagus that he gathered down our field path and along our creek...I had it for last night with baked chicken, perfectly steamed. 

Derek showed me how to use a "macro" on my digital camera (Im so NOT a techie) and that makes it possible to get such amazing detail when I take photos of the blossoms.  Yesterday, in the sunshine, I actually saw a hummingbird darting among the blossoms..this was the first time Ive ever seen a hummingbird in this area in all the forty years we have lived here! Right at my front door where the nectarine tree is blooming!

Today is Friday the thirteenth..it's a tradition  that whenever Friday lands on the 13th, motorcyclists from all over drve in droves to the small town of Port Dover, on the shores of the next lake over, for the day (including my two sons) and that sleepy little town is invaded by thousands!  Bit today, it's raining so the day won't mean such a great influx this time.  In truth, I'm secretly glad because I hate the thought of my sons on their bikes..it's scary and dangerous out on the highways with no real protection other than leathers and helmets.  Always a Mom, I guess!

Thursday was a dental appointment...cleaning and one small cavity(an old one that lost a filling)..then lunch out with JB then to the lawyer and to the credit union. I intend to stay home today and sleep in.

I have artwork to do, a website to revive and media marketing to do. Well, best I get to bed..hopefully I will be so tired that I won't be lying there THINKING...I might just fall asleep. *s*

Enjoy your day! The birds are singing, the trees are popping brand new leaves, the flowers are starting to bloom and my cats are having more babies!! egad!!!

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Patricia R.
on 5/12/11 10:06 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nancy,
I am so sorry you are going through this nightmare with your Mother's funeral and will.  I am from a dysfunctional family, and my sister is Mom's executrix.  Not sure what is going to happen when Mom goes to heaven.  Mom already prepaid her funeral, and the grave is next to my Dad's, so I know what to expect with that.

Hang in there. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 5/12/11 10:29 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nancy,

You are not whining, you suffered a great loss and are dealing with a lot of different aspects including unfinished burial and legal matters, if not here, where?  You always turn to the more positive aspects of living, your involvement in so many projects, artwork, etc. . .  hugs my friend.  Oh, and have you tried roasting aspargus, yummo is what I've got to say about that. . .  have wonderful day!

Margo, not sure about your uproar, if it's animals or people (animals are containable (lol)), but whatever it is, hope your Friday goes well. . .  hugs, L

It's grey and gloomy and looking at the forecast, will be that way pretty much the whole next week, why does it seem that the best weather is always during the work week, though last weekend was absolutely perfect weatherwise.   Anyway, I am feeling better today, lots of what I am going through is my spirit making breakthroughs and showing me that I need to adjust the sails, mostly I need to slow down and just be, as opposed to always being in motion, because the motions are avoidance and at this point, nothing really is getting accomplished, because I have spread myself too thin.  I've become a human doing instead of a human being in the process and so I am trying to figure out exactly what I need to do, what I want to do and figure out how to blend them and still make time to just be, it will take a little while, but I'll get there.

Nothing too big planned this weekend, yay!!!  Housekeeping, food prep, Tony and I will go to the movies and I may be meeting up with a friend of mine from AA for coffee one day this weekend.  That's it for me. . .

Wishing you all the best life has and peace and strength to get through the rough spots.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Monica B.
on 5/12/11 10:41 pm - Emery, SD
AAAHHH, "a human doing, instead of a human being", very profound! Another of US, Addicted to Approval. Saw this interview with Sarah Ferguson on Oprah and Dr.Phil told Sarah that she had this addiction. JUST HOW MANY OF US are ADDICTED TO APPROVAL? I know I AM. Please share "the Life Blender" when you find it, I want it too.
I am sending you concrete,steel boots to ground you for a few days..an extra big stop parachute to deploy, hugs and love.Monica

Laureen S.
on 5/12/11 10:53 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks my OFF Sistah!!!  I like the concrete, steel boots to ground you. . .  though I'd probably still find a way out (lol). . .  Congrats on another sober day!!!  Hugs, L

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Margo M.
on 5/13/11 12:51 am - Elyria, OH
L- people...family types

not good--feelin like runnin away!!!
hugs to you

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

phyllis gilbert
on 5/13/11 6:56 am - frankenmuth, MI

More hugs dear !!!!!!!!

Phyllis Gilbert
Connie D.
on 5/12/11 11:52 pm
Nancy....you are not whining....we are here to support each other through the good and the bad. I will be happy for you when dealing with your family is all over and done with.

Hugs...connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 5/13/11 4:18 am - Evansville, IN
Nancy, you are not whining ... you are in a stressful situation and you need some place to vent, so vent away.

I've always told my mom that I don't want anything from her when she dies. I've borrowed (and not paid back) enough money from her, so I don't expect to get anything in the will. And that's fine.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!