Saturday Morning. . . What's New With You?

karen C.
on 5/13/11 6:33 pm - Kennewick, WA
Post away. . . I'll be right back!

Karen C

karen C.
on 5/13/11 6:41 pm, edited 5/13/11 6:48 pm - Kennewick, WA

Mike and I went out for an early dinner and then headed back home after a stop at Home Depot to buy more flowers. We had planned on seeing the "Conspirator" but it didn't start til 7pm. Sit me down in a dark theatre, with a full belly, and that's a recipe for sleep no matter how good the movie! We'll try again tomorrow. Anyway, I fell asleep on the couch abut 7pm and now I'm wide awake.

I worked all week in a life skills class with 6 students and 3 adults. Sounds like a lot of help with a few kids doesn't it? Well, 3 need to be changed several times a day, and they are adolescents and almost dead weight to lift even with help. Very rewarding week, but also hard on this old body.

This coming week I'm available to work Monday-Wednesday. We're having a retiree's potluck here at our house on Thursday. Then on Friday we'll head over to our daughter's for time with the grandbabys.

Here's a chuckle for you from my daughter Erin. This is a conversation that took place on the way to daycare Friday morning. Erin, my daughter, is getting over a nasty sinus/cold  and still has a lot of congestion. She was driving the twins and the baby to daycare and trying to clear her nose at the same time. Here's the conversation between Erin and 3 yr old Hannah from the back seat:

Hannah: " Mommy got boogies?"

Erin:" Yes, Hannah."

Hannah:" Mommy look. Here's how me get them." (Erin looks in rearview mirror to see Hannah with her finger up her nose, showing Mommy how to get those boogies.)

Erin: "Mine are too far up my nose. I can't get them that way."

Hannah:" Mommy, you need a smaller finger!"

(Gotta love'em!)

Planting carrots in the garden tomorrow. This week has been beautiful. In the 70s, sunny, very little wind. Nice start for the tomato plants. You all have a great weekend.

Karen C

Margo M.
on 5/13/11 8:48 pm - Elyria, OH
classic art linkletter moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

annette R.
on 5/14/11 12:46 am - ithaca, NY
A delightful story Karen. The Grand's are open and honest about the simple facts of life.

Matthew had a runny nose so I suggested keeping a tissue in his pocket. HE thought that was disgusting because then he would have BUGGERS in his pocket.

My therapist has been on medical leave for 6 weeks. Thank goodness she is back and we have an appointment this week. My brain is a train wreck and needs to get back on the rails.

As the doctor ordered, Tom gradually weaned of all but one of the BP meds. Not good results. His pulse doubled and the BP shot sky high again. It feels like I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop ... or Tom to drop.

On a happy note, I am meeting Marcy for lunch. Her daughter Caitlin and grandson Liam plus sweet gradndaughter Brianna will be there too.

Kisses to all
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

karen C.
on 5/14/11 8:40 am - Kennewick, WA
Annette, I am so sorry that Tom and you are still having to deal with all of this uncertainty. When I go to the doctor I have high expectations of them fixing whatever is wrong RIGHT NOW!  It's scary, frustrating, and so hard to deal with. Sending empathy, hugs, and positive thoughts that the doctors find the right med to bring Tom's health back and your sanity to you!

Karen C

annette R.
on 5/14/11 8:54 am - ithaca, NY
Thank you Karen. His health is probably easier to fix than my sanity right now. If he even hiccups, I panic!!!!

Love ya'
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Connie D.
on 5/14/11 1:29 am
Good morning Karen and everyone....

Karen ...such a cute story...thanks for sharing.

Not much time to chat today.....company will be here before we know it...lots of odds and ends to finish up for Nic's graduation party tomorrow.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/14/11 5:36 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Karen and all,

Love your story. Remember the show, "Kids Say The Darnedest Things?" Great stories and laughs.

Well, I'm very happy today because I'm past the 100 pound weight lost. Lost a surprising 5 pounds this week. Eating well. Getting in 75 to 80 grams of protein. I am restricting those nasty carbs better.

I slept so well last night. It was a wonderful change of pace. Nothing planned for today. I, like Vickie, need to take the larger clothes to our non-profit resale shop, but not today.
   Love to all,   Mag  

poegirl100
on 5/14/11 5:54 am - Cibolo, TX
Woo Hoo!!!   Way to go, Mag!  100+ pounds gone forever!!!  So proud of you!

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 5/14/11 8:33 am - Emery, SD
Oh Mag how wonderful on your weight loss. so glad you are such a loser!!! Bet if FEELS so good!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1113 views