OT: Medical tests. . .

karen C.
on 5/24/11 12:59 am - Kennewick, WA
Recently we've received flyers about "5 tests for $159.00". They are given at a local retirement living complex and supposedly read by physicians. They include aortic aneurism screening, heart and stroke screening. . . Can't remember the others. Supposedly preventive screening. Waste of money or worth it?

Karen C

Pat R.
on 5/24/11 2:00 am - Sturgis, MI
I had them done once and give the information to my PCP afterwards....he wasn't real happy that I'd had them done -- said it was a waste of money!   I rather think he wanted to do them himself?

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Monica B.
on 5/24/11 2:12 am - Emery, SD
Offered here at RV resort 2 times since Nov. Not greatly received and dangerous in the sense if you don't have a PCP to give them too and interpreted. Better to have own doctor order these same tests if he/she feels comfy with that. Screening tests are just that. Only your real doctor can custom order those test for your conditions, more focused and cost effective and should be covered by insurance if you got it.

karen C.
on 5/24/11 2:59 am - Kennewick, WA
Kind of what I'm thinking. I do have a PCP that I  trust completely. However, also tests aren't ordered until there is already a problem. The "push" for these is that they catch things earlier?????

Karen C

Chicken_Jan
on 5/25/11 1:11 am
I agree with the others, but you have a good point about being pro-active.   I think if you ask your Dr about having the test pro-actively he will advise & agree if appropriate.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views