Friday is here, what is up

Monica B.
on 6/23/11 10:13 pm - Emery, SD
Post away...it is Friday. Be back soon.

Monica B.
on 6/23/11 10:42 pm - Emery, SD
Hello all...Happy Friday.
Sober 234 days and so proud of me. We are so cold in the RV this morning....even set at 73. Hot already outside....expecting Tstorms today...hope it happens. We discovered Yoda is afraid of thunder..he got nervous this week....storms above us for a few minutes and he cleaved to us.
Not much planned. House in order and laundry done.
Many of the palm trees lower huge limbs and leaves have turned brown. Work crews here removing these dead limbs. Interesting to watch.
New Pink flamingo at lake, he/she is soooo beautiful. We also found 6 smaller green parrots in the big trees at the dog park. These must be the newly hatched offspring of the 2 couples.
Prayers for those who are in such stress both physical and emotional. Grateful we are here for each other to come to. I could not survive with gracious and purpose without you all.
Hugs, Monica

Connie D.
on 6/24/11 1:37 am
 Good morning Monica and everyone......

Just checking in.....laundry and cleaning to get started. I just finished cleaning up the kitchen from making the kids breakfast. They slept in today.

So many of you need prayers today. I will be sending up a few extra special for some!

Still not doing well....one foot in front of the other.....follow the routine!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Thanks for hanging in here with me.

Love and hugs to all....connie d

Debbiejean
on 6/24/11 4:54 am - Shelbyville, MI
Hi Monica and OFF family, late posting, been busy here at work but wanted to say howdy.
Monica 234 days sober!! Whhoooooooo...and I'm so jealous that you have flamingo's and parrots to look at!! Lucky you!

Babysitting Loulabelle tonight, mom and dad won gift certificates to Red Lobster. They are going on a date. Young married couples should have date night at least once a month if not more!

So yesterday I dropped off stuff from our Thrift shop here to the Salvation Army. Then I went shopping at the Salvation Army, brought me 5 tops, 3 short and 3 pairs of light weight workout type pants...and 7 books to read so I can take them Up North to sit next to the water and read and relax. That's my idea of a vacation, sit and relax and never hear the phone ring!! LOL

So hugs and prayers to all. Lots of stress out there in this world. Hugs Debbie
poegirl100
on 6/23/11 10:52 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Monica!

Another big day planned today, but I'm up early and ready to tackle it.  I got some of the house cleaned last night, and I got a solemn promise from hubby that TODAY will be clean up day!  He can't finish the remodel today no matter what, so he might as well clean up for the party, and we'll start on the remodel again on Sunday!

Lots of fun food prep to do today.  I'm making a watermelon bowl for the party tomorrow.  I've got to carve the melon, and then fill it with all sorts of delicious fruit!  I've go****ermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries, and grapes--yum, yum!  Today I will make all the little melon balls with my handy dandy melon scoopper!  (Can you hear the joy in my voice?  LOL!)  I'll seal each prepped fruit in a ziplock bag and throw it all together tomorrow morning.

Also going to make my strawberry lemonade today.  Well, at least the base.  I'll freeze it in batches and add it to the punch bowl with sparkling water tomorrow.  This lemonade recipe is SO good, but it has real sugar in it.  Guess I'll have to skip it this year.

But the really fun part will be decorating the cupcakes and the birthday cake today!  My daughter supposedly got the cakes baked yesterday and put in her freezer overnight.  She'll be coming out here later today and I'll show her how to decorate them.  We are having a safari themed party for Benny, so we're making animal cupcakes.  We're making monkey faces on the little cupcakes--so cute!  And then we're making a little 6-inch 2-layer cake for Benny and it will be a lion's face--roar!

I did cheat a bit and bought a ready-made veggie tray at the store yesterday.  I just don't have the time and space to prep all those veggies today, but I did want to offer a healthy alternative to chips and dip--especially for me!

Other grandma is bringing the chips and dip and sodas.  And Rudy's BBQ is doing the rest!  So today is a little work, and tomorrow morning we can decorate and do the balloons and streamers and things.  And then we can PARTY! 

Not much more going on around here today.  Need to kick my butt in gear.  Hope it's a TGIF kind of day for everyone!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 6/23/11 11:17 pm - Perry, MI
Can I have your strawberry lemonade recipe?  It sounds yummy,and I would like to make it for parties.

Love the safari themed cupcakes and cake idea.  What fun.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 6/23/11 11:32 pm, edited 6/23/11 11:34 pm - Cibolo, TX
Sure!  Here you go!  I'm sure you could make it with part splenda, but I've never tried.

STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
1 c sugar
2 c water
1 Tb grated lemon peel
1 c fresh lemon juice
1 pint strawberries
1/2 c sugar
1 qt (liter) sparkling water

First, make simple syrup: In medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.  Reduce heat and add lemon juice and lemon peel.  Stir and simmer for a couple of minutes.  Remove from heat and let cool.  Strain into a clean pitcher and refrigerate.

To make Base: wash and hull the strawberries.  Put strawberries in blender with 1/2 c. sugar and a little of the cooled lemon/water mixture.  Puree the strawberries, then add them to the Simple Syrup.  Stir well to combine and thoroughly chill.  (Or to make ahead of time, just freeze until ready to use.)

To serve, add the sparkling water to the Base and stir well.  Pour over ice into tall glasses and garnish with lemon slices, fresh strawberries, mint sprigs, etc., if desired.

You can increase this recipe to just about any size.  I like to make a large batch of the Base, freeze it, place it in my punch bowl, and add the sparkling water to it.  The Base thaws quickly.  Very pretty punch and kids love it!  So do the grown-ups!

Vickie 

VNARN
on 6/24/11 3:02 am - Desert Hot Springs, CA
You mean like the Rudy's barbecue in San Antonio?  We ate there when son graduated from basic training and it was gooood!
poegirl100
on 6/24/11 3:32 am - Cibolo, TX
Yes ma'am!  Rudy's is some of the best BBQ in Texas! 

They'll do a party pack for you.  It's really turn key, too!  Meats, sides, pickles, onions, bread, iced tea, plates, utensils, tablecloths--the whole nine yards!  All I have to do is set it out. 

LOVE IT!  Wish I could invite all of you!!!

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 6/23/11 11:20 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Monica,
Thanks for the support earlier, and to everyone else *****plied to my whiny post from last night.  I forgot to add that my power cord to my laptop keeps dying and I can't order a new one till I get paid today.

I work this morning and then I am either going into Philly for an errand for my daughter, or going home to walk Utley and take a shower.  Walking him always gets me sweaty...sorry for the graphic details.

Thanks for being here everyone.  I am so blessed with cyber friends like you ladies.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views