OT:Which pharmacy's do you use?

Monica B.
on 6/30/11 11:10 pm - Emery, SD
I will have to pay for my medications for the first time in 15 yrs. Which pharmacy's do you use and have the best prices? Appreciate input. Thanks

Richard M.
on 6/30/11 11:27 pm - OH
I have done a lot of reshearch about this! I go to pharmacy checker.com and check to see who has bet price. The medcations may come from out side the U.S.A. I work in a doctors office and the providers say that europe has there version of the F.D.A. and I have checked and the plants where they are made are F.D.A. and the european version approved. They manufacture for all the major pharmacys. So if you are comfotabe taking medications made out side of the U.S.A You might give it a shot. I take one medication that woul cost over $800 for 3 months that I get this way and it cost $109 for 3 months. I have been using it for almost 2 years now,and my doctor is happy it's working. You need to have a perscription from your doctor and a credit card and fax the script. 
Just_Jane
on 7/2/11 4:21 am - Plymouth, MI
I thought I would jump in since nobody mentioned Costco.  You do not have to be a member to use their pharmacy and their prices are good..  Dad's doctors did a study a few years back and determined that Walmart, Walgreen, CVS and Meijer had the best price on some of the drugs commonly prescribed but none was the clear leader.  We averaged it out so as not to drive all over and try to remember what came from where, and Costco was the first choice.

His mail order is CVS though, and they will let him get those prescriptions in the store, which saves him confusion.
Pat R.
on 7/1/11 1:15 am - Sturgis, MI
Monica - I use Wal Mart.   I have a Part D prescription drug program ( Medicare) - the plan is thru Humana/WalMart.  Costs me only $15/mo.  Generics are $4/month or $10 for 90 days.   First $310 is out of pocket deductible.

Pat

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Eileen Briesch
on 7/1/11 6:08 am - Evansville, IN
I use CVS, but then I do have a prescription plan. Maybe not a good one, but it is a plan. I have two prescriptions (generic) at Walgreen's that I had there before I got this plan, so I left them there because I have 90-day supplies that I get for $15.

Wal-Mart and Walgreens both have good generic plans.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

annette R.
on 7/1/11 9:06 am - ithaca, NY
I have the same plan as Pat. The premiums are much less expensive than my previous plan, the deductible is a teensy bit higher but then I save on the premium so it works out very well.

Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

grammylew
on 7/1/11 9:22 am - Jacksonville, NC
The base, of course, for free for long term rx's.
Walmart for short term meds. Pain meds, antibiotics, etc.
When we lived in OR. No base. Costco was the cheapest. Even better than Walmart at the time.
Oh, Express Scripts for stuff that isn't in the base formulary.
Why are you finding yourself haveing to pay for meds? That's a bummer!

Grammylew in Jax

Monica B.
on 7/1/11 9:36 am - Emery, SD
I have been priviledged to have ChampVA since 1996 and have only had VA doctors and all the services given to our Veterans because hubby is 100+%.  Down here in FL the Visin has closed the VA to ChampVA, too many veterans enrolled and needing care. I accept this and honor the greater need, not mine. Now I have a new non-VA PCP and will need long standing, BP, thyroid, and other scripts. I will investigate getting long term meds from ChampVA directly, but this may take time to set up. So when my new doctor orders my new meds I will need to get them from a local pharmacy. Don't know where to go, Thought of Walmart and CVS and will compare. Turned here cause you all are so smart and savy. Thanks grammylew....how you feeling? How is the Gdaughter with mono?

grammylew
on 7/1/11 10:03 am - Jacksonville, NC
Our vets have gotten the short end for a long time. I know the younger returning vets need lots of help. And for quite awhile they have been fighting for treatment. But our older vets and their dependents should not be excluded.
And do NOT get me started on the entire health care and drug situation!! And the people with mental health issues that have been cut loose from the system because there is no money for their treatment.
Now see what you've done....you got me started!! LOL!! I should never talk politics or religion!
My granddaughter is doing better. She is at church camp this week. My doc put me on antibiotics because of the fever I ran for 2 days. Preventive. He also x-rayed my neck. I have had a stiff neck for a couple of months. I thought it was from the intricate crochet stuff I have been doing. Well, the arthritis has now migrated to my neck and over towards my right shoulder. He gave me tylenol 3. Why can't someone figure out how to STOP arthritis not just treat it.
Whoops, there I go again. I got myself started this time!!
I hope you and your hubby are well. Fighting the system can be stressful. Take care of yourself.

Grammylew in Jax

Eileen Briesch
on 7/1/11 10:47 am - Evansville, IN
Yeah, arthritis is the pits. I spent a little time cutting up tomatoes for my spaghetti sauce and now my neck hurts ... at least I think that's why ... or maybe it's because I hauled a big load of garbage to the dumpster (well, to my car and then drove the car to the dumpster, even though it's not a far walk, it would be a far walk with that big bag in 100-degree heat.)

Yeah, the health care system stinks. My insurance is crap, too. But yes, I am happy to have a job, even this one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!