protein info update

smck_52
on 7/6/11 2:08 pm
Hello OFF friends, I did what was suggested and received some replies from DSers about protein gr. Well it was a average of 100-120gr per day.More if I am building muscle. So either my doc said it wrong or I heard it wrong. I still have to call the office for confirmation. But of course other things have to take priority, like my toilet sewage clogging from tree roots and backing up in the toilet. yuckoo! And since I had to find other accommodations to go, I went to hospital and when I left my car conked out and wouldn't take a jump either. Did get a guy to look at it tonite. It was a part called modular. So my little old truck is back on the road. But I had to cancel my dr appt today and I was also going to meet up with our OFF friend Mag from Green Valley.
I know the blood test will tell levels of my vitamins, minerals, protein, etc..... But If I WAS too low would I not feel sluggish or not good. Cuz I do feel good. It will be 3 months on July 11 and its been a long 3 months but the way I am feeling across the board is GOOD!I believe my weight loss approx is 65 lbs. My son has been kind enuff to point out that my arms have hanging flab from losing. That I need to start lifting weights.
All in good time son.....Thanks for the opinion, NOT!
Ok well, So finally got a bit of rain here in the desert. Still need more. so if ya have xtra send it this way.
Have a good week!
God Bless
Sharon
smck_52
Kristi N.
on 7/6/11 11:34 pm - NC
Hi Sharon,
My oldest daughter is a body builder and fitness model. She preaches protein shakes and I have started consuming 80-100 grams per day, or more per day. I get it from the powders and lean meats. My wls is scheduled for 7/28 (yeah me!) and I can tell the difference even now. When I get my protein in, I don't crave the carbs. I feel fuller longer, and I feel much better about myself. My consultation with the surgeon went very well on Tues. I asked about hanging skin. He was honest and said some people have issues and others don't. He did say the protein builds healthy muscle tissue and using light weights to start, and building up will definitely help with toning. I think my daughter would love this man...lol. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking to do what my daughter does...over 50 yrs old and in a thong bikini gives me a full body shudder . But I want to start with a good foundation.

Good luck with your car. The modulator isn't too hard to replace. It will be back on the road in no time! We haven't had a good rain in a while and the fires keep burning. I'm praying for a tropical storm to pop up and drench us. We need it so bad here in coastal NC.

Hugs
Kristi
HW 244lbs SW 232lbs CW 148lbs GW 125-130lbs                     
Eileen Briesch
on 7/7/11 5:32 am - Evansville, IN
I have had a modulator quit on me before ... the car just doesn't do anything. It's so aggravating.

As for protein and vitamin levels, it can take awhile to catch up to you. At 3 months, I felt so much energy, it was unbelievable. Wish I had that again. My vitamin/protein levels are good, but then again I have fibromyalgia so that hurts my energy level.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views