Wednesday What's UP?

Monica B.
on 7/12/11 9:04 pm - Emery, SD
Morning to all of US. Sober 254 days and so proud of me.
ATTENTION PLEASE---HUBBY PUT A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER ON THE ROLLER!!!! Marking this day in our 42 yr marriage history. He even put it on the correct, Monica likes it way. What else will occur today? Scary. I will try hard not to OCD about this event.
Hot, humid, sunshine, no breeze yet. Summertime can be tuff.
Woke up with Yoda in my left arm all snuggled in. Wondered why I was dreaming of baby's and all those nights of quite time.
Hoping to go to Goodwill, 50% clothes on Wed, looking for white jean capri's.
Wishing all a safe, happy, peaceful day. Monica
Oh..hubby's ultrasound was negative, grateful indeed.
Upset with new scare tactic ads from both sides of political powers..my phone calls to WH and Congress will be interesting today!

Debbiejean
on 7/12/11 9:44 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Happy Wednesday Monica and OFF family to post later.
Monica...I too am proud of you...254 sober days! May your day be special especially with hubby putting toilet paper on the holder...see it's the small things in life that can be special! LOL

Humidity is down here in Kalamazoo. Was going to the gym to work out after work but today it's mow the lawn day and it needs it anyway.

Have Computer Training for a new log system today for an hour. Then it's clean and toss crap out of our offices because we are moving down the hall soon, we will just be several doors down and I'm not moving crap that we don't use. Toss it I say! Freedom...freeing yourself of useless "stuff"!!

I'm doing a little better with my dizziness...still there but I'm pushing through it. I'm a tough old broad I tell ya!

So I will work out in my pool after mowing the lawn...probably naked! LOL
Isn't it wonderful to live in the country and no one can see you...Now...that's another type of freedom!! LOL

Hugs and prayers for all in need. We are not alone ever. Debbie
annette R.
on 7/12/11 10:15 pm - ithaca, NY
Faint That's a double WOW Monica! Replacing the roll AND the correct way - I'd faint.

We went out for dinner after swim class. We planned to order an appetizer then share a salad. Tom decided the fried chicken sounded better, I placed my order for 1/2 salad with grilled chicken. Tom told the wait person to make that the FULL salad. After he ate corn bread, chicken, potatoes and corn, he didn't want salad. I have a huge salad all ready for lunch.

Come Hell or high water I will try the Zumba water class tonight. This is a newly offered class and I am curious to see how we can possibly do quick moves in the water. Should be interesting.

Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

cindibarre
on 7/12/11 11:03 pm - Danforth, ME
Good morning Monica and OFF-

What a surprise for the day, changing the toilet paper and putting it on the right way!  Congrats on the sobriety which is a major accomplishment to be celebrated everyday.  Good news on Hubbie's ultrasound too!  You can tell the WH and Congress to stop the "sky is falling in" tactics and just get on with it! for me as well.

Hot and sticky here yesterday.  My friend decided that she wanted to bake lasagna and make strawberry shortcake as a final meal for me.  She cooked it at her house and delivered it to my porch for consumption.  We had a nice meal and she left leftovers which will go in the trash today.  As much as I love the idea I can't handle the calories again today when I have a final appointment with the surgeon on Friday.  Love my screen porch as it overlooks the lake and is a haven when the temps get really bad.  Sue's house faces west so it get's really hot in the afternoon and become unbearable.  She's leaving town for 2 weeks to return to Boston for work.

Sent my brother an email on Sunday or Monday about my surgery.  Sent it to both email addresses.  Have heard absolutely nothing which doesn't surprise me.  I suspect he's mad at me about the house he left behind in NH.  My mother bought it for him after he left his common-law wife.  He moved to California in January and left the house empty.  Relied upon his 16 year old son to mow the lawn.  Not happening and my Mom asked and I didn't hide the fact that the lawn looked like hell.  Apparently now the house is being turned over to a property management company for rental.  Anyway, enough of that!  So silence from him is not a surprise.

Not much planned today.  Weather is expected to be warm again today.
Have a great day everyone!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
poegirl100
on 7/12/11 11:14 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Monica, Debbiejean, Annette and all to come,

Monica--you are a hoot!  It takes my sense of humor a while to wake up most mornings, but you've already made me laugh today.  Thanks, my friend!  My hubby barely knows where to spare rolls of toilet paper are kept!  Or anything else for that matter.  What we say around here is that men have "look for it", but they don't have "find it"!

DebbieJean, best of luck with your mowing today!  Girl, I hope you don't have the troubles I've had this week.  And you should check out "mowing, riding lawn mower" as an activity on FitDay.com.  You can burn off more calories than you think!  (Still envious of the naked pool thing!  We have a hot tub, but not a pool.  I've always wanted one!)

Annette--how is little Baxter these days?  We need to see a picture!

So yesterday I got started on my mobius wrap.  For those of you who don't know what that is (I didn't either) a mobius is a never-ending circle that flips over as it circles.  So a mobius wrap is made all in one circular piece, but with a twist in it.  It wraps around your shoulders and back, and the twist is in the front, forming a Vee neck.  Anyway, I got started on it.  I decided to make it in white baby yarn.  It will be light and thin--not bulky.  That way I can fold it and stuff it down in my big purse to carry around with me in Canada.  If I get cool, I'll have it handy to slip on.

My BIL says we'll need a coat at night in the mountains.  (Canadian Rockies)  Is this true?  I hadn't thought about taking an actual coat.  Just sweaters and things.

Went back over to Mom's pool last night and did more water aerobics.  I'm thinking I might have to find me a "real" water aerobics class to join here.  Annette, let us know how the Zumba thing goes.  I'm feeling the effects of the exercise, but my ankle is still fine.  I think that's going to be the only way I can exercise these days.

Wrote to hubby yesterday to tell him about all the tractor malfunctions and he wrote me back instructions on how to charge up the battery on the big tractor so I can finish mowing.  IS HE CRAZY?  I'm not gonna do that!  That dead battery is a gift from God.  I'm going to ignore it.  I don't think he realizes just how damn lucky he is to have a wife who is willing to do all the stuff I do when he's gone!  Sure, I'm a farm wife.  Sure, I was brought up in the country and sure, I know how to bush hog, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it!  Hmph!  Sometimes I feel very much taken for granted.  HE can mow the damn back pasture when he gets home!

Oh, Eileen, I voted for Juliette on FB.  Hope she (YOU) wins!  Mag, I'm sorry the Austin trip fell through.  But we'll hope for another time to get together.  Still no word from Trish.  I'm getting worried about her.  Laureen, good for you for making it to gym morning after morning.  I really admire your committment.  Grammylew, drive safe on your journey and enjoy your visits!  Judy, you be careful around those punks at the pool. 

Not much on my schedule for today.  Going up to Hobby Lobby when they open and take a couple pieces of my cross stitch to be framed.  Then I need to clean house a bit and take Patty Kate to the vet this afternoon.  Hope everyone gets over their hump day with no problems!     

Love you all!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 7/13/11 4:16 am - Evansville, IN
Thanks, Vickie! And for the rest of you, if you want to help, this doesn't cost anything (unlike one other contest I got involved in, which keeps asking for credit cards). This is free, you can vote until Friday. And I can win things. So vote for Juliette. Vote early, vote often.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=162352703 838347&set=a.161004580639826.41766.124935457580072&type=1&th eater

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

petiteposies
on 7/13/11 12:02 am - FL
WOW!  what a way to start the day...!  With great guffahs!  Thank you for this...
Laureen S.
on 7/13/11 12:18 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Monica, Offr's Good Morning!!!

Well Monica so much good stuff happening down in your house. . .  congrats on 254 days sober and hubby putting roll of toilet tissue and right to boot, perhaps it was his way of being grateful for the good news on his ultrasound, that is wonderful!!!

You gals are simply the best, I come here and read about your lives and some of it is funny, some of it is just life and other parts are like we are sitting together having a great big gabfest. . . 

So I went to spend time with my daughter last night, it was a nice ride up and beautiful country where the property her company owns is located, then we drove down to a place I knew she would enjoy eating, it is called Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and they make a very thin crust pizza that is, as the name would suggest, made in a coal fired oven, so it comes out a little well done, but OMG, it is so yummy and there was a place where we lived that Marlene would always want the pizza from and this is very reminisent of that pizza, sure enough she loved it and took half a pie back with her, as I had one quarter and she had the other quarter.  If you like pizza and have an opportunity to ever try Anthony's, though they only seem to be on the East Coast so far, you must try it. . .  anyway, went to bed and slept poorly, woke up at 4:30 this morning and even though it was an off day from the gym, I felt guilty over the extra carbs from yesterday (the pizza) and went to the gym where I did the elliptical for 50 minutes and am determined not to eat anything that is not good for me today. . .  well today I will head home after work and probably be asleep by 9:30 from not having had a good night's sleep last night. . .  all good. ..

You all have a good day and prayers and good thoughts to those experiencing life challenges, may you be able to find peace and the strength necessary to get through any and all challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Judy G.
on 7/13/11 12:31 am - Galion, OH

GOOOD MORNING Monica And OFF family!!!! :-)

Monica I am so happy for you that you are so far along being sober and that your hubby finally put the TP on the roller and did it RIGHT!!!! WOW!!!! LOL Also happy that his ultrasound came out negative!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Well yesterday while at work when I was on a break, I was sitting in the food court talking to Cheryl and she mentioned to me about my post a couple weeks ago on FB about my having eaten too much food or it being stuck. I said it was awful!! I was so pluged up in my nose and felt terrible!! Couldn't breathe at all and then this woman walked by and said its allergies!!! Everyone has them around here with weather like this...I said no I had WLS and I over ate or had something stuck and that is one of my consequenses for doing that! She said but you are so "SKINNY"!!! Huh??? She said again you are so SKINNY!!!! I said I didn't see me as being skinny but thankyou for the compliment!!! Made my night!!!! She asked me how much I had lost and I told her that I am now down 165 pounds about half of what I used to weigh!! She said get out of here!!! I then pulled out my photo that I carry in my pocket wallet and showed her. She was amazed. Again she complimented me on how "skinny" I am!!! Had to love it and still I do not see me as being "skinny" at all. Guess it has to do with all this baggy skin I have huh?

Rick went to the machine shop to work yesterday and his boss yelled at him for the parts not being made right. Ummm...he didn't make those parts because he WAS NOT THERE until yesterday!!! So it was hot and Rick let it slide until his boss came up to him and sent him home at 1:30!!!! So today Rick is going to this place on the corner next to his bosses place that just put a sign out that they are hiring and see if he can get a job there!!! I hope he can get it there because his boss hires guys that do what THEY want and seems they always blame Rick for the mistakes THEY make!! Rick doesn't do the parts that have the mistakes he just does the finishing up on them so how can HE be the one that makes the mistakes??? Yeah go figure!!!! Time to move on I guess and he should have done that along time ago!!! Still no word on going on pay roll here at complex yet and Rick said he is going to call Robbi himself if nothing comes of it by the end of the week.

Weather here is FINALLY cooler today!!! Humidity is low and the breeze you can actually feel it!!!! Was so dam hot in here last night it about choked you when you walked in the door!!! They need to get our AC fixed soon!!! Might have to go talk to them myself about it today while I am off!!!!

Need to do laundry today also IF the machines are free that is!!! Why is it that when I am off and want to use them somebody is already using them and they are the ones that are ALWAYS home everyday????? Makes me so mad!! Sighs.

The girl at work that just had her baby a few weeks ago was in the store last night. I asked her where the baby was so I could see him. She said he just came home from the hospital. What??? She said he had been at Rainbow Children's hospital because he was born with a tear in his lung and also a hole in his heart. OMG!!!! I told her I didn't know that and I was so sorry to hear that and would pray for him and would ask you all to keep him in your prayers as well. She said thankyou so much!!!! Poor thing!!! This is their first baby too.

Back is killing me so bad again and I am sure its arthritis. My mom keeps telling me she hopes I don't get it like she has it because its a *****!! Well I think I have it and she is right...it IS a *****!!!! The vicodin dr gave me does NOTHING to help the pain at all. So not sure what else to do about that. The darvocet worked really good but they took that off the market so can't take that anymore!!!! ****** me off that I had something that worked and now nothing!!!!

Well I rattled on long enough here so will get going. Know that I am thinking of you all and sending out prayers to those that need them!!!

HUGS

Pat R.
on 7/13/11 12:36 am - Sturgis, MI
Good morning ladies.....
Nice cool morning here in southwest Michigan.  Big news around here is the arrival of Betty Ford's remains in Gr. Rapids...she surely was a pioneer in women's rights, as well as a cancer survivor, and proponent for additiction help.

Wonder why men think they are immune from replacing the empty toilet paper roll -- cudos to John for being pro-active!!!

Didn't sleep well again last night -- lots of dreams and tossing about -- I am weaning off the Celexa this week -- maybe that's the problem.  Told Dr. I will try to get along w/o it....guess we'll see, taking a very small dosage.

Friend at work changed the band-aid again for me this morning and said the incision is looking good.  Not so sore anymore, and just a tiny bit of blood today.

It may be a good thing I am going to be off a couple wks with my toe surgery -- work is pretty scarce around here.

Better get back to typing discharges -- good thoughts and prayers for all my special friends here on OFF.

Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!