OT: I'm back home!

karen C.
on 7/15/11 1:42 am, edited 7/15/11 1:44 am - Kennewick, WA

Wedding weekend was wonderful. Traveling with my cousin and her husband and my hubby Mike to Vancouver Island was awesome. Getting back home is blissful! Still cacthing up and don't have any photos from the wedding to share yet. I'll post them on my profile page here on OH and on Facebook as soon as I get some.

I'm way behind on what everyone has been doing so I'll just ask questions when I get totally confused.

I missed you all. A testiment to RNY: I did NOT gain any weight while I was gone. I did a lot of walking but I also did what I thought was a lot of eating. However, the tool does work as I know when I have consumed enough and it is time to stop eating. Before WLS I NEVER felt full. I consumed so much food at one sitting. It now nauseates me to think of how much I could eat not only at meals but throughout the day and night. I was a really bad night time eater. If no one could see me eat it didn't seem like it should count. But. . . . it sure did.

Enough of that. I have the newlyweds here! They surprised us by calling yesterday and wanting to come find some sunshine. The Cascade Mountains keep the rain mostly on the west side where they live. Getting over the mountains heading east to where we are usually finds sunshine. So they will be coming and going using our house as a base the next week. Just relaxing after all of the wedding hoopla!

I'm out of here. Lots to do and I need to get to the gym and restart my metabolism!!!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 7/15/11 1:52 am
Karen...you were missed...Welcome Home!!! 

Sounds like you did great with your eating....good for you!!

Still waiting to see pics of you all dolled up for the wedding!! Glad you
had such a wonderful time!!

Hugs and love....connie d

Nancy H.
on 7/15/11 3:47 am - Traverse City, MI
Karen I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Yes you were missed. Enjot the newlyweds!!
Nan
Laureen S.
on 7/15/11 4:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Welcome home and so glad to read your synopsis of your two weeks. . .  enjoy the newlyweds and catching up on things. . . looking forward to seeing the photos

hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

annette R.
on 7/15/11 4:49 am - ithaca, NY
Karen,

Sounds like a good time. But it is true - there's no place like home

Kisses
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Debbiejean
on 7/15/11 5:14 am - Shelbyville, MI
Welcome Back Karen...yes you were missed. Glad you had a fun wedding weekend.

I'm off to the gym after work so let's both enjoy our workouts! Hugs Debbie
grammylew
on 7/15/11 11:40 am - Jacksonville, NC
Welcome home. I'm glad the wedding went well.
I am surprised at the positive attitude of the young! With the economy this bad I'm surprised anyone is willing to get married and/or get married!

Grammylew in Jax

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1165 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1112 views