Super Saturday...What's UP

Monica B.
on 7/22/11 8:01 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all...up early, bathroom calls.
Sober 264 days and so proud of me. Enjoying a cuppa coffee and watching Jodie Foster in Contact.
Slept well, amazing how the tylenol with benadryl works..get into bed in one position and wake up in same position.
Wonderful news on Bev, makes me smile. Wondering where Nancy B is, will contact on FB.
Not much planned, but will put on the Traveling Bra and head out early. Getting Tstorms in afternoon again. Long downpours yesterday and lots of lightening. Sorry that so many are stuck in horrid heat around the USA. Our Sara is finding expecting in summer not nice....hormones and heat do not mix well. Wanting to knit something for new baby, but don't know what. Not sure hands and wrist could take a project. Any suggestions accepted.
Hugs to all, seize the day and weekend all....stay safe and cool....drink alot of water!!
Really enjoying new Acer notebook. Glad I got it. Set up new HP printer, but can't get the wireless function to work...will explore why today. I share the resort WIFI, it is free, and think that is why the printer is resisting command.

Eliza55
on 7/22/11 9:13 pm - PA
Hi Monica

Keep up counting the sobriety days - you're doing great!

I took a long walk this morning - it's 85 already (yuk), but I really needed the exercise.  With all this heat, I feel fat and puffy (of course, as a pre-op, I am fat and puffy....)

My son is cooking dinner for us tonight - should be special, as he's a very good cook, and likes to try exotic foods.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

poegirl100
on 7/22/11 11:26 pm - Cibolo, TX
Eliza--I'se feelin' fat 'n puffy, too!  LOL!  Wish we could be walking buddies!

Vickie 

grammylew
on 7/22/11 10:24 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin', ya'll.
This is the first chance I have had to get on here since I had a great visit with Marcy an Annette on Thursday. What a great gab fest!
Then I drove to my home town and met Aunts and Uncles for dinner and anoth gab fest. I got back to my hotel and just fell into bed, exhausted.
Yesterday I drove up to my sister's near Albany. She had all her shades drawn, her doors locked and ignores her doorbells. It is too hard for her to get up and down since she needs a new hip and a new knee. I finally called her on the phone and told her I was there would she let me in?! It took me awhile to convince her that I was not kidding. We have had a great time visiting.
I am a little miffed at her though. I asked her if I could sign on to her network so I could do stuff on my iPad. This will find the closest AT&T tower and I can use that. But that is not secure. So I can do this and email, but I don't dare check my bank or cc accounts. She gave me a password that didn't work, then said she couldn't remember it. Later there was some talk about fear of others getting into her bank account. Her hubby got home and I asked him. Ahhhh, there is the problem. He is very computer illiterate. He seems to be under the impression that if I use their Wi-Fi signal I would have access to ALL of their accounts. I asked if they only used one password. Nope, they have password to get on and a different one for each account or site they go to, as they should. But I could tell he still feels if I use his Wi-Fi I'm gonna see a bunch of their information. I know my Sis knows better (or she did last year when I was here)!! I won't mention it again. I'll just call my DH and tell him he will have to check our bank accounts every morning. They also have a very expensive wireless printer that they do not use wirelessly because he is suspicious of others getting some kind of info. Will not even try to explain that it would only be tied to his
SECURE network.
So, when I looked up the recipe she wanted that I have on my iPad, I was unable to print it out! Grrrrrr!
Today I will be driving her to get a new perm so her DH can do some weekend chores around the house.
Everyone, please stay cool and hydrated.
Have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 7/22/11 11:23 pm, edited 7/22/11 11:23 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Monica, Eliza and Grammy!  And hello to all those to come!

Ah, computer woes.  I know it's not funny when it's happening, but if you think about it, here we are--a nation of self-taught, untrained, technically challenged individuals struggling to conquer, maintain, and understand a system of machines that weren't even invented when we were born!  Man went to the moon using SLIDE RULES!  No wonder we have trouble with our printers, our networks, our laptops!

Had a great time yesterday with Christie and Benny.  The day was slightly overcast, so we decided not to go swimming and went straight to the huge outlet mall instead.  It was great fun shopping together.  Benny was a very good boy.  Spent some of his time in the stroller, but a great deal of time walking around in the stores with me following along behind him!  Such a joy to watch him discover the world.  And he's such a cutie.  Really a very good baby.

(I think God gives us what we can handle.  Lord knows, Christie was hell-on-wheels her entire babyhood and childhood.  I don't think she could have handled a hell-on-wheels baby herself.  But God blessed her with a happy, placid little boy.  I'm grateful for that fact every day.)

I was going to paint today, but my shoulder is aching and I don't think I'm going to try it.  I'm debating driving home today or tomorrow now.  I dread making the drive, but I really have no reason to stay another day.  If I go home today, I can start my sewing projects tomorrow.  Thinking about it.

Ready to see the scale move down again, but it's not happening yet.  I'm just "stuck" again.  Sigh.  No rhyme or reason to it, is there?

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!  Hope your Saturday is fun and productive!

Love you all!

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 7/23/11 12:02 am - Danforth, ME
Good Morning Monica and OFF-

Hot and sticky here in Maine.  Not moving around much to stay as cool as possible.  Have this pressure under my right rib cage and if I still had a gallbladder I would say that it's my gallbladder acting up.  Lots of burping, gas and diarrhea (I know TMI).  Trying not to panic and juggling things that might give me gave although on preop liquids not a lot of manuveuring room.  Maybe it's just my fatty liver shrinking and pulling.  Oh well, other than that it's all calm in Maine.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Patricia R.
on 7/23/11 12:12 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Cindi,
Don't worry about TMI here.  We have all been through similar symptoms at some point or another.  Try GasX, coz it is a wonder I keep with me all the time. 

Hang in there.  You will soon be post-op and everything will be even more interesting.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 7/23/11 12:08 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Monica and OFF Family,
Congrats on your sobriety.  That is awesome.  Keep up the good work.

Spent last night on my aerobed in my living room because my bedroom would not cool down.  Got a good nights sleep, and Utley did too.

I overslept, praise God, but missed my morning AA meeting.  I will make an afternoon one, since I am about to head out to an OA meeting. 

Later this afternoon, the Phillies are playing and I am going to be knitting and crocheting throughout it.  I have two big projects to finish ASAP.  My daughter's sis-in-law had a baby in June, and I am in the home stretch of a blanket for the little guy.  Then, my granddaughter put an order in for a crocheted blanket for her bed.  She picked out the colors, which are red, hot pink, soft pink and white.  It is going to be a square, which is similar to a granny square, but no holes.  I crochet in each stitch, rather than having the gaps.  She loves it.  It started out to be just an afghan, but she wants it to fit her bed, which is a double bed.  Oy ve.  I want to fini**** by September, because my ex and his wife will be driving out there for a visit.  If not then, I plan to visit them in the Fall as well.  Just not sure when.

Gotta scoot.  Stay hydrated and cool. 

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 7/23/11 12:48 am
Hi Everyone! It looks like the hottest of hot days may be behind us here in Lancaster County - yesterday hit 105 on the thermometer.

I am headed out shortly for the gym (just doing some laps with a paddleboard today) and to a cafe to do a writing project.

Mike will be home this afternoon and I think we are having dinner out tonight. It would be fun to have a little date night.

Otherwise - a simple day. Wishing all of you moments of peace and contentment.
annette R.
on 7/23/11 1:09 am - ithaca, NY
Good morning everybody.

We have high shelves above the bedroom windows.They are about 6 inches from the ceiling. Annie Black Cat is the only one one of the furmonsters to leap up there.

We got a new TV, which was her launching pad, but it is shorter than the old one. Until last night, she hasn't attempted the leap.
Annie got up on the TV, began the butt wiggle, then stopped. We watched her look and ponder the situation. Sure enough, She took the looong leap and nestled atop the almost ceiling high shelf.

My friend came to visit. There I sat with Baxter AND Tony on my lap. Tony was stretched out on his back with Baxter curled on top of his belly.

In a recent tirade at DH I complained that although I often find nice little gifts for him, he has fogotten about me. It was one of my *****ier days. Boo hoo, poor me. He came in the kitchen and said he brought home a gift. Seeing the bag with dirty cups from the car, I said Gee thanks alot.

"No, your gift is in the living room." 

He bought me a brand new, easy to clean, effing LITTER BOX. 
 Kicking DirtTell me please, how can I be all excited and appreciative over that?

To give him credit, he is a good hubby and never complains. Yeah, I'll keep him. Big Smile

Annette 

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views