Traveling Bra Thursday What's UP

Monica B.
on 7/20/11 10:03 pm - Emery, SD

Hello from the Traveling Bra socity. Sober 262 days and so proud of me.
Planning on hanging low and not even wearing the Traveling Bra today. Bathing suit only...bikini even.
Sending major hugs to all who need them, problems abound for many of us. Life suck, but thank God for gravity.
Pretending I am Scarlet O'Hara. Not dealing with SS at all this week. Survived the glaucoma test at eye exam...this little puff of air is totally scary for me and I did it without OCDing for hours about it.
Yoda looks so small with his haircut.  Amazing how fur can add volume to his body....does that happen to humans too.
Where is Nancy?? Hope Julia and Bev are doing well.
Grateful that shuttle is down and safe, sad to see the end of this important era in our historyy.
Be well, stay cool, and borrow the Traveling Bra is you need it.
Monica

Laureen S.
on 7/20/11 10:15 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Morning Monica, OFFr's,

Seems like a lot of our folks are becoming either lurkers or way busy and that I guess is a good thing for them, at least I hope all is well with those not seen here lately.

Congrats on 262 days sober, what an awesome feat that is!!!  Aah is what comes to mind when I take off my own traveling bra, which I generally do within 5 minutes of arriving home. . .  it would be nice to think that hair made me fat, instead of what I eat turning into fat and making me so, so while hair ads volume, it certainly is not what makes us fluffy. . .

Well last night's support group meeting went pretty well and I left there feeling good.  Today I am exhausted, these mornings of getting up at 4:45 are catching up, so much so that right now I am feeling like I could put my head on my desk and fall asleep, but while the scale is not moving much, I think I am seeing some progress around my midsection, so I will keep plugging along, but it is so nice to dream of being wealthy enough to have a personal trainer 3x a week and doing laps the other 2 days in my indoor swimming pool overlooking the ocean. . .  oh, wait a minute, back to reality, I am here at work now and it's been a slow week and probably won't be much better today. . .

You all have a wonderful day, for those of you facing challenges that test your endurance, I wish you peace and strength to keep on going. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Debbiejean
on 7/20/11 10:30 pm - Shelbyville, MI
You go Monica rocking a bikini, never wore one or plan to.LOL Also so proud of you 262 days sober!

Well I did it...I made myself exercise in my pool after work and it was hot but the water was cool cuz hubby added more cold water to it so it was refreshing. Came home and hubby was in the pool naked just floating on a mattress and chillin'...okay we live in the country and no ones sees us from the road so we do have that freedom of being in our birthday suits.
See...I won't wear a bikini like Monica but I will exercise naked in my pool! LOL
Okay TMI...but I got de-stressed and I plan to do the same today when I get home.
See??? Exercise can be fun!!!!

Again it's just hot and muggy and I thank God for air conditioning.
Saturday our church is going to put a free dinner on (chicken grilled) and it's to thank our local police, firefighters and veteran's. Hubby will help set up tents in the AM and I'll help serve at 2pm. Hope it's not too hot. I hope we get a good turn out and it's fun watching the kids. I love the small town atmosphere.

Hugs and prayers for all in need. Debbie
poegirl100
on 7/20/11 11:05 pm - Cibolo, TX
Tee hee!  Karen, we live in the country, too.  We get in our hot tub naked all the time.  Such freedom to just totally unwind!  We want to put a hot tub in here at Hilltop, too, and are already talking about how we can do it in such a way that we can get in it naked here, despite all the neighbors!  Once you get spoiled like that, it's hard to go back to bathing suits instead of birthday suits!

Vickie 

Debbiejean
on 7/20/11 11:22 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Naked is good! I hate wearing suits in a hot tub. I'm glad we live in the country and romp around naked...who needs a bikini????? LOL
Patricia R.
on 7/20/11 10:47 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Monica and OFFers,
Congrats on your sobriety.  One day at a time is the way I do it.

Last night, I learned that my landlord is bringing in some prospective tenants to see my apartment and it looks like a tornado hit it.  I have no excuse except my back pain.  I was supposed to go into work this morning, but the pain was too much, so I called out.  I hated doing it, but I have to get a handle on the pain, and get some progress done in this apartment. 

I am not sure if I mentioned it, but I am moving downstairs to my landlord's apartment.  I will have a basement and a yard, and a nicer kitchen, with more storage space and other stuff.  Utley will love the yard, and I will love the lack of steps to get in and out.

I am going to get some work done in here, and then hit an AA meeting and the pool at the gym.  The Phillies have off today, so I will be at the mercy of the television schedulers tonight.

Have a nice day, and stay cool.

Love and hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nancy H.
on 7/20/11 10:48 pm - Traverse City, MI
good morning Monica, Laureen, & Debbie, & all. Just home from the cabin for a day. going back this morning.
It is really beautiful there. A branch of the ausable river goes right by it. We went tubeing down it. Very slow & relaxing. It goes about 1/2 mile & ends up at the other end of the yard. Lots of curves in it. The kids also went tubbing behind the boat, & all the adults except me went fishing. I stayed with the kids.Five teens & 6 younger. Makes me glad I am old!!!

Well almost time to go, have a wonderful day all, Nan

poegirl100
on 7/20/11 11:06 pm - Cibolo, TX
Sounds wonderful, Nan!  Love to go tubing!

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 7/20/11 11:01 pm - Danforth, ME
Good morning Monica and OFF-

Congrats on the 262 days!  That's awesome.

Well the heat wave arrived last night and the humidity level is climbing.  Think it's time to loose the flannel sheets from the bed.  I'll do that when I'm done posting this and then hop in shower to cool down.

Went for preop bloodwork at the local health clinic yesterday.  I became the human pincushion as she had to stick me three times before she got a good vein.  Not looking forward to IV's in the hospital but know that they have lots of good stickers there that will deal with my crappy veins.

Today is day 4 of the liquid diet.  Not too bad so far.  Stomach did some growling yesterday and I'm struggling with tremendous pressure under my right ribs when I'm hungry.  Don't know if it's my liver, pancreas or instestines screaming put something in your stomach.  Lots of burping too so it might be allergies to the protein powders, a well, I'll live with it.

So have a great day everyone and stay hydrated in this heat!  Don't forget that pets need extra hydration too!

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
poegirl100
on 7/20/11 11:11 pm - Cibolo, TX
Cindi,

You should be getting into Ketosis by now, which will virtually make your hunger disappear.  Get yourself down to the drugstore and ask for some "Ketostix".  They're with the diabetic supplies.  You can pee on them and if the stick turns any shade of purple at all, that means you're in a "fat burning" stage.  Wonderful motivation for sticking to the all liquid diet!  If you're not in ketosis by Day 5, then I think you should call your surgeon's office and ask them about it. 

Hang in there!  You can do it!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1176 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views