Thursday Insomniac. . . What's up with you?

karen C.
on 7/27/11 8:08 pm - Kennewick, WA
UP for a potty break, a drink, a melatonin and a quick look at OFF. Be right back!

Karen C

karen C.
on 7/27/11 8:20 pm, edited 7/27/11 8:21 pm - Kennewick, WA

Up doing my middle of the night "get er done" stuff. I am my most productive after just a couple of hours sleep. Wide awake at 3am. Feel like I could take on the world. Only problem is the rest of the world is asleep and it doesn't know that I am in control or at least continue to think that I am. That's pretty grandious isn't it? I know I am not. I've spent a lifetme trying and failing but I have a hard time letting go of that impulse to try.

So What's up with me? Enjoyng a few days of solitude. Took Maggie and Lucy to the vet for teeth cleanings. Ouch! A day at the vet, anesthesia, tooth extractions, and pain pills.These little dogs tend to have very crowded teeth. They each lost a couple of teeth. I came home with a bottle of dental rinse drops to put in their drinking water. It's supposed to help prevent placque buildup. We'll see.

As far as me the ankle is getting a bit better. The swelling is pretty much gone but I still definitely need to wear the boot.Tho it's awkward it's much better than crutches.

Our big summer doings: The Water Follies and Hydroplane races on the Columbia River are this weekend. Lots of  traffic, lots of noise. I usually manage to be out of town but won't leave until Sunday early the day of the races. However, all week we'll hear the roar of the boats doing their trial heats on the river.

If my ankle can stand a few hours I hope to go to the Art and Craft show that is at a park by the river Friday and Saturday. Whether I buy anything or not I sure like to look at all of the wonderful crafts and art.

Getting ready to go to the beach late next week with my daughter and her 3 girls. Should be a lot of fun as at 3 the twins will really "get" the building sand castles, playing in the water, collecting shells, looking for sea creatures in tide pools. I feel the pull to the sea several times a year. Don't think I could handle the rain, damp, and mist year round but I sure love getting there when I can especially in the late summer when it is so dry and hot here in eastern Washington.

I'm going to try to get a bit more sleep. Have a good day everyone Make it the best day that you can for you and yours. Smile and say hello to a stranger. It will make you both feel good!

Karen C

Pat R.
on 7/27/11 9:07 pm - Sturgis, MI
Good morning Karen -- nice to get an update from you.
Happy Thursday to all logging on later...

The cat alarm started meowing at 5:45....I didn't get up till 6:20....the only way to turn her off is to get up.

We had a couple storms in the night -- didn't keep me awake and so thankful for the rain.....very dry here.  It's to be very humid and hot again today -- the windows are steamed over because it's cooler inside than out!

Going to do a load of undies - will be very careful going down the step into the garage....so prideful about asking someone else to do my laundry.  I did a load the other day and got along fine.

Can feel the toes a bit now - not real pain, just uncomfortable I guess.  I got chastised for not using the ice bag more.  The big boot is another thing -- so darn hot ... last evening I undid the top two velcro straps and pulled it open to get some air in.

Rambling on here.....prayers for Nan's Morgan, and others who need them.

Holding everyone close in my thoughts with special wishes for a lovely day,

Pat R.

(on MySpace, MSN, Web pages, Blogs...)
Done! Your Ticker: 
Pat R.
on 7/27/11 9:08 pm - Sturgis, MI
Karen, if you could use a larger font, it would be easier to read for many of us!   Love ya!

Done! Your Ticker: 
karen C.
on 7/28/11 1:55 am - Kennewick, WA
Pat, don't know what is going on with my computer. I haven't changed anything. How do I change  the font without having to change it every time I post. All of my desktop icons, since yesterday, are now the "adobe reader" icon. . . . May have to take the laptop in if I can't figure it out. Any suggestions on the font would be appreciated.

Karen C

Pat R.
on 7/28/11 5:07 am - Sturgis, MI
Having the same issues with my home page -- it shows minimized, and when I try to maximize it won't work.  I always have to select the font and size when I post on here.  I am using HTML Editor #1.

It bothers me that things get changed without us doing it.

Pat

Done! Your Ticker: 
karen C.
on 7/28/11 1:58 am - Kennewick, WA
Pat, I changed the font to 12 pt but it doesn't look any bigger here.

Karen C

poegirl100
on 7/29/11 8:51 am - Cibolo, TX
Pat and Karen--you can increase the size of the font you see on your screen by pressing the CTRL key and the + sign.  That's what I do when the font size is too small for me to comfortably read.  To reduce the screen size, press CTRL and the - sign.

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 7/27/11 11:56 pm
Good morning Karen and everyone..... 

Karen.....I wish I had a sandy beach to make sand castles with Grace....we just have to do it in her sandbox. She loves it anyway!!
Glad your ankle is doing better.  HUGS!!!

Pat...don't overdo with laundry.....sounds like you are taking it easy for the most part. I imaging that boot is terribly hot in this weather...UGH

Cindi...let us know what you find out at the ER....worried about you!!

Monica...so proud of you!!!

Nan...more prayers for Morgan!!

I can't remember who else I was going to post to...CRS!!!!

Grace and I are going to the library this morning. One of the main people from the public TV station will be there. He is a real nut and a great guy. He will be telling stories and such. She is soooo excited as she has seen him before. Jamie and Grace also ran into him at a McDonald's once and he ate lunch with them!!  Grace still talks about Dan and eating with him...LOL.

I need to get us ready to go so I will check in again later.

Prayers for so many in need. Have a great day!!!

Love and hugs to all....connie d

cindibarre
on 7/28/11 8:57 am - Danforth, ME
Connie D-

Thanks for the words of concern.  I was really scared this morning.  Well after a day spent in the emergency room another neighbor drove to town and brought me home.  EKG normal, BP normal, static BP test normal.  Apparently my Menier's disease (aka benign positional vertigo) has decided to rear it's ugly head.  Meds on board and feeling normal.  Now all I have to do is get rid of the gas bubble that is sitting under my right rib cage.  Two Gas X strips on board, Zantac 150 on board.  I think I'll be sleeping a lot this evening rather than watching TV.

Cindi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views