Sexy, sultry Saturday..What is UP?

Monica B.
on 8/12/11 10:00 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all. Tried posting last few days and no such luck.
Sober 285 days and so proud of me.
Hot and humid, RV cleaned and I am dressed, but no traveling bra on...
Could not see meteor shower hjere overcast and Tstorms. Boo Hoo.
Hope all are doing well. Post away and be good to yourselves.
Monica

cindibarre
on 8/12/11 10:20 pm - Danforth, ME
Monica and OFF-

Congrats on the 285 days, that's wonderful.

Sorry you couldn't see the meteors last night but try again tonight as they are at their peak this weekend.  I've had the pleasure of laying on my dock two times and seeing them.  Not the spectacular displays because I'm too lazy to stay up til or get up at 3 am.

Not much new up Maine way.  Supposed to be sunny today with highs in the 80's.  Last week I turned the heat on because it was dank and dreary.  Might do a little weed pulling today depending on how my belly feels.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
ShirleyG
on 8/12/11 10:20 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Morning Monica and all
GOOD FOR YOU on the 285 days ..  YOU CAN DO this .. I always found like when I did the RNY , I had to replace my food addiction since I couldnt eat anymore with something else. I took up exercise , loved it and it is what i reach for in place of my plate as I did before.

It does have to be something one enjoys and I have heard that some took up drinking which turned out to be a bad thing for them so either way we go we have battles to fight ..
Cooler here today , I have house cleaning to do and feeling kinda bored this am ....to hot to do anything though and I have to get this work done as I work and exercise all week so have no time during the week..UGGGG  Oh well , what doesnt kill me will make me stronger ..
Hope all of you have a happy joy filled day today and take time to smell the roses ..
We take times at church doing the Sunday School snacks.. Anyone have any ideas on some type of dessert bars that are tries and true and easy ..I have made so many different ones but am looking for something different .  They dont have to be something i can have as I dont anyway unless a small bite and none of them like sugarfree stuff ...I find alot on the internet but unless someone had made them and knows they are great I hate to chance it.

I have a lemon bar one if anyone likes those that I ahve worn out LOL   It is made with a cake mix too and very easy .

hugs and blessings
Shirley
poegirl100
on 8/12/11 11:10 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning, Monica, and all my OFF sistas!

I'm glad to see your post, Monica.  I wondered where you were. 
I'm still having major computer woes.  Got my laptop working, reloaded the software I wanted on it, added a new virus program, scanned the damn thing to within an inch of its life (it's CLEAN!), and now I need to re-add all my data.  

First problem is that my data is on the old hard drive, and I have to take it to some computer place and get them to retrieve it for me.  Second problem is that I don't have time to do that today.  We're leaving for Canada tomorrow and I already devoted most of yesterday to this computer crap.  I really HAVE to start planning and packing for our trip today.  One just does not pop off to Canada for a week without some serious packing!

So, I dunno.  Not sure how today will play out.

Not much more to tell from my end today.  Scale is being very ugly to me this week.  UP 2 pounds.  WTH?  It's making me feel very grumpy!

Well, no time to linger here today.  Much to do. 

Love you all!

Vickie 

Nancy H.
on 8/13/11 12:32 am - Traverse City, MI
Vick, ignore the scale. Measure yourself, & concentrate on the things you can do now. I didn't measure, but I kept a journal of my weight loss. I look now & my weight went up & down so much it scared me.

Just enjoy your new life & be good to yourself.
Nan
weightlossdreamer
on 8/13/11 3:25 am - Canada
Hi Vickie
I hope that you have a great time in my little country and that we treat you well.
Be prepared for sticker shock as our taxes are higher to pay for our universal health care and other social services that are available to all.
Enjoy yourself crossing the Rockies  -  I drove and I can't remember if you are driving or are on the train.  Either way, the scenery will be spectacular.
Bon Voyage!! 
Lake Louise

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/12/11 11:59 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Monica and all.

285 days is marvelous. So proud of you too. We have overcast skies too so have not enjoyed any meteor showers. We love seeing them but the last few years the weather won't cooperate.

Planning a nice quiet weekend. Ellen had to work today. It's a shame, but then many, many people work almost every weekend. I'm falling asleep at the computer so I think I'll take a nap. 

Love and hugs     Mag   

Nancy H.
on 8/13/11 12:29 am - Traverse City, MI
Good morning Monica & all. Monica so proud of you!!!!
 Shirley, lemon bars are my favorite!!! I just have to use splenda. My kidney Doc tells me to eat or drink lots of citrus to help keep the stones away, great excuse for me!

Vicki, sorry about the computer. I had a warrenty on mine, took it in 2 days before it expired & got a whole new motherboard on it. That was lucky.

Mag, we are rainy here too. We need it bad. We planted a cherry & apple tree yesterday, so that was good planning.

Today I need to clean the basement, kids area & my craft & area. Let the kids play with glitter & most of it ended up on the carpet!! I also need to clean my closet.
It's a walk in, or should I say drop in for all the stuff I don't want to look at.

Have a wonderful weekend all!
Nan
annette R.
on 8/13/11 12:55 am - ithaca, NY
Morning all.

My oldest daughter's birthday is August 11th, so she always considered the meteors a celebration of her birth.

One year she had a so called slumber party for 12. So called because they stayed outside most if the nigh****ching the meteors. The next morning it was a bunch of very sleepy girls.

My house is a mess with scatterings of new mowed grass, cat/dog toys all over, plus the every day animal hair. With 7 animals I have to vacuum every day. Since it is my fault they are all here, I shouldn't complain.

We went out for a belated anniversary celebration last night. Tom offered to order a bottle of wine. DizzyNo thanks. Not good to fall down in public.

Enough stalling, back to cleaning.

Kisses
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Connie D.
on 8/13/11 3:35 am
Good morning/Afternoon Monica and everyone....

Monica is is so nice to see you start the thread.
285 days...WOW!!! Good for you!!

Nothing exciting happening here. Nic went to work this morning at 9. I washed all the laundry he brought home. One last load in the dryer. So wonderful to have him back!!

Grace goes with her dad about 2:30 and will spend the night. I plan on getting dressed up and going out tonight....I need some adult time!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need.

Hugs and love to all.....connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views