Update from Karen C. . .

karen C.
on 8/25/11 12:37 am, edited 8/25/11 12:42 am - Kennewick, WA

Feel like I was the 6 month kitten in the fight between a kitten and a PitBull. . . . I'm healing but the memories of the fight are still with me!

I'll make this a brief as possible. Surgery started right on time for my medial thigh lift. The operation room was scheduled for 4 hours so even taking the longest amount of time that would get me to recovery by 3pm.  Well, my operating team was wonderful and so caring. Dr. Louie said pre op that his job was kind of like that of a tailor. . . You start out with a certain plan but sometimes have to make adjustments. Well, he spent 2 hours doing adjustments. He ultimately removed about 4 lbs from each side also liposuctioning the area above my knees.

I can already tell a lot of difference and my legs are a bit swollen still.

I was checked out by 11am (24 hour stay as I'm self pay) and settled in at my son and daughter in law's by noon. That absolutely wiped me out. I'd made a flippant phone call to Janet about 3:30am right after taking pain pills. Well, let me tell you, I was weapy and in mucho pain at noon.

Now a day later I'm already much better. It's hard to get up and down,go to the bathroom, etc, but I knew from past surgeries that it would be.

No post surgery nausea which is a blessing. I'm eating soups, yogurt, crackers, and PRUNES which I happen to like. I did take pictures preop from home and will take some post op ones in a few weeks. They will NOT be available for public viewing but will share them with friends that I know well if they wish to see the extent of change.

Thanks so much to all of you who have offered positive thoughts, prayers and encouragement. You are always here for me and believe me it is appreciated.

I think we'll head home tomorrow tho we are welcome to stay her through my post op appt on Tuesday. I know everyone would rest better with us at home. Then we'll come back to Nathan's to spend the night before heading home after the post op appt on Tuesday.

My pills are starting to kick in and it definitely affects my finger dexterity and not in a good way. I'll sign off for now. Take care my friends and thanks again.

Karen C

poegirl100
on 8/25/11 12:45 am - Cibolo, TX
Karen,

So good to hear from you!  You have a wonderfully positive attitude!  I know you are going to do well with your recovery.   Prayers for a speedy recovery and a GREAT outcome!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 8/25/11 1:08 am - Galion, OH

(((Karen))) You go girlfriend!!! I hurt just thinking of what you went though!!! Get your rest and heal quickly!!!

Love and Hugs

Laureen S.
on 8/25/11 1:25 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Glad to read your post, hope your recovery process goes without any detours and the end result will be all that you hoped!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 8/25/11 1:36 am
Karen.....so glad you have the surgery behind you. Now the long recovery. I am sending healing prayers your way. I look forward to seeing pics soon.

My friend that had her thighs done had to learn how to walk all over as it makes a difference with all the weight/skin gone. 

Keep resting....soon you will feel like yourself again!!

Much love and hugs...connie d

annette R.
on 8/25/11 1:36 am, edited 8/25/11 1:41 am - ithaca, NY
Karen,

I am glad to know you are mending - better living through pharmaceuticals.
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

seasheleyes
on 8/25/11 2:33 am - Manteca, CA
I want to see the difference "in person"! Now you've got me checking out my thighs and wishing for a similar surgery. I know that you will heal quickly and won't believe the difference in your body. This might even change your balance when walking. I'm so HAPPY for you!
Julia
Patricia R.
on 8/25/11 2:40 am - Perry, MI
Karen,
You do sound positive, and upbeat.  I know that plastics hurt like "Hell" but I hear they are worth it.  Take the pain meds as prescribed, as that is what they are for. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 8/25/11 4:05 am - Evansville, IN
Glad you're doing well. Looking forward to seeing the "after" photos. Rest up.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

fatfreemama
on 8/25/11 4:48 am - San Jose, CA
Glad you are doing well and also appreciated the details. I'm having my thighs done with an LBL and hernia repair in Oct.

Good luck to you and I'd love to see the before and afters.
Jan
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1176 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views