Monday morning coming down. What's new in your world?

Monica B.
on 9/4/11 11:43 pm - Emery, SD
You sound better Karen, glad for you and Mike. Recovery is always so slow. Hoping the tighter capris will feel wonderful when put on.
Hoping Pat has a better day, go slow with the unpacking, it will happen.
Grammy, hoping your day is delightful too.

Sober 309 days and so proud of me. Not much planned again today. Ithis week will be a whirlwind of appointments for us both. Hubby is no too much el grumpo so far. Getting more range of motion in body.
People are starting to leave the campground already. Very grateful the rain held off on the most part.

Decided to go sexy dressing today, feel good about me and how I look. Wishing the face wrinkles were not so evident, but life shows on me. Flabby thighs and arms, should attach bells and jewels and jiggle.

Have a super Labor Day, glad I am not in labor. Hug, Monica

Oh, thousands of jobs available for thousands of people in the Williston ND area. Big boom town. Big paychecks too. However I don't want to move there. But nice to know jobs are open and really needing employees.

poegirl100
on 9/5/11 12:00 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning my OFF sistas!

The sun is back out here again today.  But it's a beautiful morning, not too hot yet, and with maybe just the tiniest bit of fall in the air.  Our high today is predicted to be in the mid-80s!  Woot!

I spent most of yesterday sewing and crocheting and shopping on-line.  What else is a girl to do when the blue funk hits?  At least I didn't eat a whole bag of cookies!  LOL!

I made two white eyelet valances yesterday out of that extra bedskirt.  First I had to pick and rip the seams apart on the bedskirt to get the eyelet off.  That took a while, but it was so worth it.  Now I have a set of matching valances to go with the bedskirt in the guest bedroom at the lakehouse.  And I have enough eyelet left to make an 18" throw pillow for the bed, plus something else.  I just don't know what yet, but it won't go to waste.

Yesterday I got back on-line and ordered a pair of plain white muslin curtains to go with the white eyelet valances.  (There's no point in re-inventing the wheel, is there?  Besides I doubt I could buy the material and make them for $40.)  I'm only going to use one curtain on each window and just pull it back to the side, so I only needed one pair.

Today I'm going to make the poufy valance for the guest bath.  You all remember my bath remodel job at the lakehouse?  The one with the ***** pink shower?  I ordered a little ruffled white shade for that window, but I want to make a little pretty valance to go at the top.  Believe it or not, I found some material that's not pink exactly, but it's more of a darkish mauve color.  Blends pretty good with that shower tile. 

I'm looking forward to my appt. at Curves tomorrow.  And to going on down to Hilltop on Friday.  I'm ready to see my deer!  My plan is to stay at Hilltop for 2 weeks, painting and stripping wallpaper (as much as my shoulder will let me), and hanging curtains!  This time I'm going to be working on the master bedroom. 

And of course I'll be visiting with my daughter and playing with Benny!  I haven't seen him in weeks!  He's starting to talk a little bit now.  I can't wait to hear him.  It's so hard being a long distance grandmother!  Wish I could see him every day.

So, the blue funk is banished again, at least for a little while.  I miss my husband, but life is good and I have lots to keep me busy and happy while he is gone.  Hope you all are busy and happy, too!

Love you all!

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 9/5/11 4:23 am - Cibolo, TX
Update:  The poufy valance is finished!  Now on to Winnie-the-Pooh curtains for the playroom.

Margaret--I've been a teacher, too.  Everything from 7th grade Language Arts to freshman level English college courses.  I know exactly what you are talking about!  Prayers for a good beginning to the semester for both you and your students!

Vickie 

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/5/11 1:19 am, edited 9/5/11 1:21 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hello and happy Labor Day to all,

Karen,  Praying for fast recovery and that your new capris are just perfect on you.

Monica, Whoo!!!! Good for you. Time is sure flying by. Seems like yesterday that we celebrated 200 days with you. Keep up the great job.

I slept 10 hours last night. Making up for missed sleep from the wedding. Feel good today. Not hungry but have a protein drink I'm working on. Need to pay bills on line today. Don't know if I'll get to a computer very often on the trip. Can't believe we are leaving in 2 days.

Everyone have a wonderful day and if you run across a veteran thank him/her for serving us and our country so well. And active personnel as well, of course.    Mag

weightlossdreamer
on 9/5/11 1:42 am, edited 9/5/11 1:44 am - Canada
Karen -  glad to hear that you are feeling better.  In time you'll be out doing the polka (well, maybe not the polka LOL), feeling like a new woman and wearing clothes that you want to rather than those you have to.  Good for you!

For me, this is the calm before the storm, and I am sure that you remember the beginning of a semester when you were teaching full-time.  I am excited and anxious all at the same time  -  probably a lot like my students who are in their late teens, twenties, thirties and forties and some even in their fifties.  I have to remind myself when I get caught up in my own anxiety and need to accomplish my goals for tomorrow and the rest of the semester that the students come first and I need to recognize that they are sometimes almost immobilized by the fear of returning to school and completing all of  the work.  They feel overwhelmed and overlooked, and I will try my best, despite my anxiety tomorrow, to be what they need and make it a good day for all of us. 

Say a prayer or swing chickens for me that I can help them make a good beginning at college!

Carolyn and Vickie  -  I wish that I had the time to sew all year.  I love sewing and knitting and I have the "stashes" to prove it!  I've sewn all kinds of things  -  most recently two skirts for work - and I've knitted and sold some of my work  -  mostly felted projects and embellished little girl purses.  I've loved it, but work is calling my name and I know not to get invested in a sewing project because I will find every excuse in the world to sew rather than work on curriculum, tests, etc.  I envy both of you.

Have a good Labour Day and try to live in the moment.

Margaret
Eileen Briesch
on 9/5/11 5:16 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Karen and my OFF family:

I went to bed early last night and slept late ... I think I must have gotten 10 hours of sleep ...must have needed it. Oh well, back to work today. Just got done applying for a job online ... quite a process. They want your resume, then they want everything filled in on an application. Plus, they want addresses and phone numbers of places that don't exist anymore (like the first newspaper I worked for ... doesn't exist and I can't put down an address or phone number ... so I grabbed the number for the newspaper group). Probably won't get it but I keep applying.

I have work again tonight ... I haven't even showered or had lunch yet. I might pick up a sandwich on the way to work tonight. Or bring something from the freezer.

I have two nights of work, then three days off. Anyway, have a good Labor Day. Have fun for most of you if you're off.

Karen, your post-op is going well, it sounds like it. As for addiction to painkillers, yes, I need them to function, but I don't take them for anything other than pain. By the end of the day at work, I'm in
severe pain. I can manage my pain with the painkillers. I remember reading an article about addiciton: it's when the addiction rules your life ... you don't go to work, you don't pay attention to your family, your health, etc. Knowing I have had one addiction, I make sure I don't let painkiller rule my life.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

seasheleyes
on 9/5/11 8:04 am - Manteca, CA

Hi All,
On my way to a barbeque... it's in our neighborhood. Then work tomorrow and oral surgery on Wednesday- the molar has to be pulled. I've requested Percodan for pain afterwards... I like the narcotic stuff. The others make me sick and I avoid them. My daughter is my chauffeur... ohhh, I paid for her to sign up on Match.com. She needs to do some practice dating. She's getting hits already... this will be fun!
Julia

susandoeshair
on 9/5/11 11:12 am - Alexander, AR
Practice dating???? Isn't ALL dating just "practice"?

Love ya, Hon!

Susan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views