Almowst Wednesday, What's new with you?

karen C.
on 9/20/11 4:37 pm - Kennewick, WA

I'll be right back!

Karen C

karen C.
on 9/20/11 4:50 pm - Kennewick, WA

Hi Everyone! 

We've been out of town since Friday and I had little time for the computer so I'm just now catching up on the forum news.

We spent the weekend at our daughter's and had a great time with the grand daughters. On Saturday we took the twins to visit a friend's farm where they have 15 miniatures horses, chickens, sheep, dogs, cats, and a koi pond.

Sunday Erin and I and the girls' other grandmother took them on a steam train ride that goes close to their house. All summer they have been waving to "Thomas" (the train!) from their house. Sunday they got to wave at my husband Mike and their dad Josh as they caught up with us at several spots along the route. The twins squealed with delight every time they "surprised" us along the way! What fun to see things through a child's eyes.

Monday morning we headed to Seattle for my 4 week post op thigh lift check up. The surgeon thinks things are going quite well and doesn't want to see me for 6 weeks. He did put me on a low grade antibiotic as there are a few red areas close to the incisions. Fine with me as I sure don't want an infection.

I brought home wild blackberries and made jelly when I got home. We also brought plums, apples, and pears from Erin's. I'm going to try dehydratins most of what I brought home. I'll also slice apples for the freezer to make apple crisp this winter.

Our weather is absolutely beautiful. Today it only got up to about 75 but it was sunny and calm. I could take months of weather just like this.

Sending positive thoughts to all of you and especially to those of you facing challenges.

Karen C

Judy G.
on 9/20/11 11:30 pm - Galion, OH
Karen that train ride sounded like sooooo much fun!!!!

Connie D.
on 9/21/11 1:00 am, edited 9/21/11 1:04 am
Good morning my dear friend Karen and everyone....

Karen.... the train ride sounds like it was so much fun. They are having something like that in Boone soon and we are taking Grace. Glad you are healing well....the extra antibiotic should help with the redness. Blackberry jelly...yummy!!! All those fruits sound so wonderful!!

Nothing happening here today. I am enjoying the morning as Nic and Grace are at school. Love these quiet moments!!

Trish........hope you feel better soon.

Judy....the Birthday Party sounds fun....if I lived closer I would CRASH it....LOL!!!!!!!   Hope you get some news about Rick's daughter today.....Neither you nor Rick needs this added stress.

Now I can't remember who elses post I was going to comment on....darn CRS!!! You know I love you all....I don't mean to miss commenting to any of you.

Have a wonderful day. It is a little cool this morning here but the sun is shining so it should warm up soon.

Prayers for so many of you in need. Special prayers for Morgan, Nan, Nancy B. and a few others as well.

Love and hugs to all....connie d 

Karen S.
on 9/21/11 3:15 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha my friend, and all of the rest of this wonderful OFF family....

Karen, you are like a Mexican jumping bean!! My mother used to call me her "go-go" girl because I was always on the go. My "goer" and git up and gone.....LOL. I'm happiest just being home or at the beach these days.

Today I am again living out of my bathroom and bedroom because my kitchen is in the middle of a remodel. They have put in all the new cabinets, the frige and microwave which has made the past few days so much more liveable than if they had left them disconnected. However, I do dishes, make coffee in the bathroom! Tomorrow they will come and put in countertops, and install sink, faucet, range and dishwasher. THEN I can really clean house. I am so thankful for this new kitchen....it was a Godsend after flooding a few weeks ago. My OLD OLD kitchen is gone......and I will have a shiney new one by the end of the week. So grateful.

I love reading about all of you, and daily say prayers where needed and laugh a lot about funny stuff you share. It's like having morning coffee with a great group of friends. Wish I could wiggle my nose and magically have you all appear on my lanai and we could laugh til we hurt.

Good luck Karen with the rest of your recovery. Glad you got treatment for infection.....that always scares me. Also happy for the time you get to spend with your beautiful babies and family.

I am hugging you all in my head.....and sending you waves of peacefulness, appreciation and love. When it comes right down to it, all we have is today.....and I am going to try and live just for now, and not create future drama that may never happen.

With so much aloha to you all...

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Connie D.
on 9/21/11 11:49 am
Maui Karen....so wonderful to see your post. I want nothing more then come and lay on your beach for a week with some wine and a good book or two. I can feel the sun and the soft beautiful sand. The water is so blue/green and clear it smells so heavenly. Gentle breezes and peace and quiet....poof....all gone....that will never happen but the thought was so nice. Took me away for a few minutes!!!

Wishing you the very best always!!

Love you....hugs....connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 9/20/11 5:10 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Karen and my OFF family:

I had a busy night at work and am about to head to bed. My right shoulder is hurting me. Oh great, one more body part that hurts ...Don't know what happened. But when I drive or reach for something, boy, it hurts.

I did the one sports section and we had an earlier deadline. Then, as I was thinking about heading out earlier, I was asked to help out with a page on another paper. It only had two stories, but the one story was long and had lots of photos. It was kind of a mess when I got to it, but I whipped it into shape. But because I helped out, now my shoulder hurts even more.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. My eyelids are starting to droop. Have a good day. Karen,you're sure busy. Hope your thighs start to look better.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 9/21/11 1:02 am
Eileen....sorry to hear you have shoulder pain....it must make it hard for you at work. Sending prayers your way!

Hugs and love.....connie d
Judy G.
on 9/21/11 3:54 am - Galion, OH

Hey Eileen have you ever checked into the Cleveland Plain Dealer or The News Herald? Seems they are always hiring. Not sure if its anything that you do though...just thought I would mention it to you.

Patricia R.
on 9/20/11 7:37 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Karen and OFF Family,
Glad to hear the doc caught the potential infections in your incisions early.  Also, your train ride with the twins sounds like a lot of fun.  My grandson loves trains, and got two different kinds for hisbirthday this summer.  He spent hours putting the wooden set together, and the one I gave him was battery powered, which he would operate for hours as well.

I have a huge praise.  The day I moved in, my son came from New York and helped me empty my storage unit, saving me $80 a month.  Problem was, there were three pieces of furniture I could not help him get downstairs.  I e-mailed the church secretary about this need, and yesterday, my Pastor and a young man came and moved those pieces to the basement.  Words can't tell you how grateful I am.  

Today, I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, and a group therapy session this evening.

I have been sick with nausea and a fever lately in the afternoons and evenings.  Then, this morning, I woke up with a congested cough.  Of course, my family doctor's office is closed on Wednesdays.  I just finished a course of antibiotics from my cellulitis too.  If my fever returns this afternoon, I will call the doctor on call.  

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views