Missing signals

Monica B.
on 9/28/11 6:13 am - Emery, SD

So we have been married almost 42 years, 10/18/69. We began dating in 1963, when we were juniors at a catholic high school. Given our long time together, we still miss signals we put out. Last night we discussed going to look for luggage (our 3 pieces are missing from the RV) at Goodwill or Habitat for Humanity and running some other errands like getting VIP tickets to see Foreigner. Got up this morning, got on the traveling bra, new white Capri's (they hug the smaller higher ass I now own) and a pretty pink check blouse and pink belt and pink crocs. He commented on how nice I looked. He did not ask why I was dressed up.....I assumed he knew why. So we took Yoda for a walk. We enter the house and He goes and gets his swim suit on. When I say we are going out, he is dumb struck, has NO idea what I am talking about. I fume and begin ***** cleaning. He gets the signal but ignores it. I go and put on my swim suit (I now have 8) and get ready for the pool. Still fuming. When we get to the pool he is so lovely and sweet. I notice he is bent..back out like. SO WHY DIDN'T HE TELL ME HE WAS NOT FEELING GREAT?? After 2 big hot tub soaks and 2 hrs for me in the pool, he says lets go and we can now go shopping. I say not today and he gets fuming. Mixed signals and we stayed home. Hoping when he gets up from nap he is better mooding. I am. Maybe I should sit on the kitchen counters, naked and legs wide and he will get that signal.
Monica

grammylew
on 9/28/11 6:40 am - Jacksonville, NC
Monica, men are so dense. Women are so quick to react.
We have been married 46 years in Nov. How many times have I gone into another room grumbling, while he sits in his chair totally unaware!?! How many times have I actually told him how I feel, instead of walking away, and I hear 'I guess I'll just stop talking to you, because I obviously can't do or say anything right." How many times have I felt like wringing his neck?
We still love each other dearly. Marriage is absolutely NOT easy! We all learn how to survive by adapting to our own personal situations. If sittin' on the counter spread eagled works for you, go for it!!
God love their pointy little heads!

Grammylew in Jax

Judy G.
on 9/28/11 8:30 am - Galion, OH

Monica I swear when GOD was passing out brains the men thought it was trains and didn't take many...sorry your hubby didn't remember what was supposed to happen today! Seems alot of that is going around lately! Love your idea about getting on the counter though!!!! LOL

HUGS

annette R.
on 9/28/11 9:17 am - ithaca, NY
Monica,

I can relate to ***** cleaning but never had a name for the process.

My therapist reminds me that signals don't work. We have to use our words and be SPECIFIC. She's obviously not married.

There are probably times that you two finish each others sentences? He noticed you looked nice but I get the sense that you usually look nice.

Hang in there. Let me know how naked counter sitting works. It is an interesting concept.

Hugs
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Connie D.
on 9/28/11 11:36 am, edited 9/28/11 11:36 am
Monica...men are just totally clueless....they just aren't programed like us...unfortunately for us!!!

At least he noticed how pretty you were....that is a plus!!

Hope the day got better...love ya!!

Hugs....connie d
poegirl100
on 9/28/11 12:27 pm - Cibolo, TX
Oh, girl, you crack me up!  ***** cleaning and counter sitting--too funny!  Of course, the root cause wasn't too funny, and I'm sorry for that.  Butch and I have been married 30 years, and we still have our mixed signal days, too.  I guess it's inevitable.  I have learned over the years to be VERY SPECIFIC about what I want and what I expect.  He just does not get subtle hints.  I don't understand men, but I do still love mine.  You love yours, too.  We just have to overlook their teeny tiny brains!  LOL!

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 9/28/11 8:34 pm - Emery, SD
Need to learn more specific speech. Hope Rick is on his way home. I'd call Ford directly and complain about no car yet.

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 9/28/11 10:28 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Monica,

Tell me again why women want to be married. I am not married but have always wanted a strong and solid marriage. Now I wonder why. LOL I think the counter action is a hoot. It's a good way to start my day.   Mag  

Monica B.
on 9/28/11 10:35 pm - Emery, SD
His day is incomplete if we don't body slam in some way....on the counter, on the floor, on the steps, in the bed. Hell, I just made a huge pot of chili, in my nightie, bending over getting pots and dropped items and he is wild to wiggle. No mixed signals there, except I am on a roll to other stuff. Bad Monica

poegirl100
on 9/30/11 12:17 am - Cibolo, TX
Oh, I wanted to respond to this all day yesterday, except I was on the road.

You know how you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone?  I wouldn't mind having some of that "wild to wiggle" stuff back again.  Ever since my husband's prostate cancer 3 years ago, there's been precious little body slammin' going on around here, and boy, do I miss it!  So count your blessings,  honey! 

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views