Thanks for being here!

gonersmom
on 10/4/11 12:39 am
Hi all,
I'm not exactly new to OH, but I have mostly lived on the VSG forum for the past year+. 

I have just enjoyed the past 45 minutes or so reading this 50's+ forum.  You all seem so uplifting, and supportive.  Just wanted to say thanks for a great cup of coffee so far today!

Hope you and yours are doing well today.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Judy G.
on 10/4/11 1:09 am - Galion, OH

Hello and WELCOME to OFF!!!! We are a great group if I do say so myself!!! Hope to see you here again so we can get to know you!!

HUGS

Connie D.
on 10/4/11 1:29 am
Hello and welcome to off.....hope you stay around and we can all get to know you better. 

Hugs...connie d
Debbiejean
on 10/4/11 9:52 am - Shelbyville, MI
Welcome gonersmom! We are a friendly supportive bunch here. You will love us! LOL
Now start talking! Hugs Debbie
Eileen Briesch
on 10/4/11 3:39 pm - Evansville, IN
Welcome to the Over-50 Forum ... we're a good group. Hope you'll come often.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

grammylew
on 10/4/11 9:34 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Welcome gonersmom. At first I read that gunnersmom and thought you had a marine child as I do. We are a pretty diverse bunch and we are always happy to have another join us. I just got my VSG 2 weeks ago. I love that even 1/2 cup of liquids fills me up. Unfortunately I am still waiting for some significant weight loss.
Well, I FINALLY finished the guy clown. Well, I need to tighten the buttons. I wanted to get DIL's okee dokee on them before I tighten them up. The Fairy Princess is pinned and cut. This afternoon I will mark it and begin sewing. Should be done by Thursday. I have been tied to my sewing machine and today we MUST get to the grocery store.
My DIL says she is confident I can do her couch. She just wants something that will look decent until she can afford a new couch. I have been mulling it over, and I agree. I CAN DO THIS!
My DH is ready to go. Sooooooo.
Everyone have a fantabulous day

Grammylew in Jax

gonersmom
on 10/5/11 7:44 am
Congrats Grannylew on your surgery.  I hope all is going well.  I thought it was a breeze compared to some of my other surgeries I've had.  I hope you are doing just as great. 

You'll be surprised how quickly the weight will come off.  Even when that dreaded 3 week stall happens I've found that I just have to be at peace with what my body is doing.  As long as I'm doing what I should be doing, then my body is going to do what it is supposed to do.  We just might not be on the same time schedules!  LOL  I try to remember I didn't gain the weight over night, I plateau'd on my way up, I'll do the same on the way down. 

Enjoy the journey!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
gonersmom
on 10/5/11 7:24 am
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I had my VSG this past March. I'm closing in on the 100# mark, of which I had lost about 30# during my preop period.

I'm mom of 3 grown boys, the oldest isn't quite a Marine, but he's a pilot for the US Navy. My husband and I live in a small rural area of central WI, and are starting to enjoy the empty nest as the last of the boys moved about a few months ago.

I too enjoy doing some crafts or I should say that I am now just starting to refind my creative side as I am reclaiming the extra bedrooms for a guest room and a 'sewing' room. However, now since VSG I am more apt to hang out on the eliptical in the living room.

So, that's about it for my introduction. Oh...I'm enjoying my last 3 weeks as a 50 year old....the 51st is looming very close in the future! Oh, and I'm very tall (6') with big feet (13-14's) so if anyone else has these problems, please let me know where you are shopping!

Enjoy the day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1165 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1112 views