HR 4646 Read and Scream!

Monica B.
on 10/5/11 7:35 am - Emery, SD
Amazing how #44's administration is finding ways to make us pay and pay, please read and share

HR4646  
FYI   ON JANUARY 1 ST 2012, THE GOVERNMENT IS REQUIRING EVERYONE TO HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT FOR SS CHECKS. WONDER WHY?   1% tax on all bank transactions HR4646

Watch for this AFTER November elections; remember this BEFORE you VOTE in case you think Obama's looking out for your best interest.

1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646

This government just cannot think of enough ways to hurt the American people! I sure hope this dies!!!!!

FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

1% tax on all bank transactions HR 4646 - ANOTHER NEW OBAMA TAX SLIPPED IN WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP.
Checked this on snopes, it's true! Check out HR 4646.

President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.

This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financial institution - banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged. ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction. ~If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged. ~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank.. ~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank, 1% tax will be charged.

Mind you, this is from the man who promised that, if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one penny of new tax. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will be amazed at what you learn about this guy's under-the-table moves to increase the number of ways you are taxed.

Oh, and by the way, if you receive a refund from the IRS next year and you have it direct deposited or you walk in to deposit that check, you guessed it. You will pay a 1% charge of that money just for putting it in your bank. Remember, any money, cash, check or whatever, no matter where it came from, you will pay a 1% fee if you put it in the bank.

Some will say, oh well, it's just 1%. Are you kidding me? It's a 1% tax increase across the board. Remember, once the tax is there, they can also raise it at will. And if anyone protests, they will just say, "Oh,that's not really a tax, it's a user fee"! Think this is no big deal? Go back and look at the transactions you made from on year's banking statements. Then add the total of all those transactions and deduct 1%. Still think it's no big deal?

lightswitch
on 10/5/11 9:10 pm
 You know, when these kinds of spam mail go around the internet, I delete them because I have learned that the only thing true about them are their names.  So, I did a little research and the same is true about this irresponsible piece of propaganda.  The bill was introduced but not by Obama.  It was introduced by fifteen senators and those men and women who introduced the bill all serve in some capacity on committees in which they struggle with the majority of the governments social programs including the one you and your husband are on--veteran's benefits.  They are trying to get as much money in their programs as they can as fast as they can.  They argued that instead of only taxing middle Americans, like most of us, a 1% tax will fairly distribute the tax burden with the very rich getting hit the hardest as opposed to the way the Republicans want to burden the middle class.  So, really, before you throw this kind of crap in our faces, at least get your prejudicial hate filled mind to use and do some research.  It is really easy to do.  google's search engines is easy enough for anyone to actually use and once you begin, don't just read the responses from bloggers or right wingnut sites.  Go to actual legitimate government or scholarly websites.  I, for one, am really getting tired of you thinking that this boards is yours to trash politicians or our government with the propaganda that comes through your email from your right wing nut friends.   We all have our own political agenda but you will never see me or some of the more professional minded people posting crap like this.  In fact, I get messages from others who say, can you believe what she just posted.  Well, this is not a political board or a religious board.  It's a weightloss board and there are a million places on line where you can join others in spreading the hate and fear from ignorance.  Go there.

Monica B.
on 10/5/11 9:31 pm - Emery, SD
Thanks for setting me straight on this issue....I will do better research on issues and not take the face value on the emails I receive. In the future please chose not to read my posts, I do not mean to offend anyone. I share here my weight loss journey and the success of others. I guess I feel so welcomed and comfortable here, I share all my thoughts that hit my life.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 10/9/11 2:46 am
Thanks for posting this. There is so much junk on the internet you don't know what's real and what's not. I feel sorry for the American people who want certain laws passed but there are other "attachments" to bills that get trough. Not what our democracy was founded on or the principles our founding fathers wanted this country to embrace. What we need is a government "for" the people. It hasn't been that in way too long.
Jen 10 yrs post op
poegirl100
on 10/6/11 4:05 am - Cibolo, TX
I believe it was Voltaire who said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I have never know Monica to say a mean or malicious thing to anyone on this forum.  I've certainly never thought of her as "hate filled".  She does her best to keep abreast of current topics and yes, she likes to express her opinions on them here.  Perhaps this is not the best forum on which to do so, but then again, why not?  She is entitled to her thoughts and opinions, just like the rest of us. 

I do think, Jeannie, that your remarks were intended to hurt and belittle her, and while you are also entitled to your political opinions, I do not believe you are entitled to inflict hurt on another member of this forum.  It is my opinion that you owe her an apology. 

Vickie 

lightswitch
on 10/6/11 2:18 pm

Well, Vickie,

I have been on the board for a very long time and have been on the sidelines not getting involved in things that have ran others off because I didn't want to get involved.  But, honestly, if someone is going to post political propaganda based on an email and I am not given the right to say, well, this is really a weightloss board and a very long time ago, we all went through the please don't turn this into a political rally or a religious form.  Truthfully, we do have free speech and I am all for having free speech if it is not doing harm and that post did harm: 1) it is a lie; 2) it misleads.  The truth is that a lot of people are quick to post misinformation.  Let's just say, for instance, that someone came on here and spread some urban legend or lies about wls.  Would we just sit here and say, oh, well, they have the right to spread misinformation and I'm just going to let some poor innocent who may believe all of the misinformation and not get involved because, after all, we all have the right to free speech.  

And, if my tone did not suit you, well, who are you to decide whose tone is appropriate and whose tone isn't.  The few times that I do post on this board are usually due to welcoming some new person, answering a question that a new person has asked, or to announce my yearly anniversary.  So, I do think I have just as much a right to tell Monica that her post offended me and that she should check out her souces as you do to tell me that my tone doesn't suit you and I should apologize.  Again, my comment had nothing to do with you but everything to do with please don't use this as a place to push your own political agenda; especially, when your agenda is based on email chain letters that are totally false.  

And Monica, you are entiitled to you thoughts and opinons but if they are based on misinformation and lies, I have every right to set the record straight.  

poegirl100
on 10/6/11 10:48 pm - Cibolo, TX
Actually Jeannie, I didn't say you didn't have the right to rebuttal.  Yes, you have the right to "set the record straight" according to the facts and information that you are privy to. 

What I objected to was the pejorative language you used.  You claim to be a "professional minded" person, but then you resorted to using phrases like: "before you throw crap . . . in our faces"; "[use] your prejudicial hate filled mind"; "right wing nut friends".  These types of phrases are inflammatory, hateful, and quite frankly, very UNprofessional.

And I do not air my political opinions on this forum.  I never said if I agree with your viewpoint or with Monica's.  I only defended her right to say it.  In truth? I don't feel this forum is the place for that type of post.  So see?  I actually agree with you on that point.  And, for the record, I abhor misinformation.  I do my best to never propagate propaganda.

I think your original post was just as much of a "rant" as Monica's was.  I think if you're honest, you might own up to the fact that you were just the teensiest bit ticked off at Monica when you wrote it, and the language you used reflected that fact.     

Vickie 

lightswitch
on 10/7/11 11:45 pm

Vickie,

First, I didn't come here in a professional manner.  I came here to read about WLS.  Again, I've been her a while and come to see what others are doing or not doing so I can do the most effective strategies to keep my weight where I want it to be.  Yes, I did speak with a frosty tongue and my intent was to speak with a frosty tongue.  My tone and my style were, in my very professional opnion as a discourse analyist,  approproate for what I wanted to convey: I'm tired of Monica's post about Obama.  Let me remind you all that our economy is on a down swing because of two reasons: 1) the wars Bush drug us into and refused to get us out of because of why? Haliburton's vested interest in oil and 2) The strategies that Bush had enacted before he left office that allowed bankers and other powerful financiers to rule unsanctioned.  Now, Obama is doing a very good job of keeping our country out of the poor house as he cleans up bush's mess.  

I venture to say that none of you who come to this board are rich or have near the wealth that Bush and his people provided tax breaks for yet when Obama tries to remove the tax burden from the middle class and put it back up on the million and mulitmillion income folks and private industries, he is labelled an enemy of the people.  Let's review what Obama is for: free or very reduced healthcare for everyone, jobs so every one can buy food, homes for all of those who are losing homes because of the lack of sanctions on lending institutions during Bush's reign.  

So, feed the poor, heal the sick, and his skin is brown:  hmmmmmm….could that be Obama or the man you guys all praise every second you can while still saying those awful poor people the nerve of them wanting free food.   Now, feed the poor, heal the sick, brown skin….Jesus?  The one you all pray in his name every single night but every chance you get you talk about all those welfare snatching people eating Del Monte Peas.  Good Grief you need to practice what you all are so freaking quick to preach.  

And while I'm at it, you have no right to call upon my professional or unprofessional manners.  And, to you, that is Dr. Jeannie.   

ceeidee
on 10/9/11 4:52 am
First, I haven't posted on here for a very very long time, probably not in the last 6 months or more. I joined here in the summer of 2007.
I apologize for my short, lazy responses. I am trying to unpack a new home, after living in a motel for 2 months, after leaving my home of many years, my family, my friends, a job I love, and more. My husband's job was sent to Taiwan and so he has finally found one here in KS. Too long of a story but I just had to post what I could.

I've "known" Jeannie for a very long time and she is a smart loving lady. We haven't always seen eye to eye but I have to agree with most of what she says. Thank you Jeannie for speaking up and saying what I was thinking, but too tired, too wimpy and not articulate enough to say.

Thank you to Julia and Eileen also. I loves ya too.

Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

lightswitch
on 10/9/11 11:13 am

Cheryl,

Thank you so much for the support.  One of the most important concerns that I have always had with this board is that one or two seem to push their agendas and those others who are often of the same mindset will support those two or three and the ones who don't support them do not want to get involved.  Usually, like with Margo and Diane and a few others, myself included, we just stop commenting. I always appreciate you support. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views