Fun Friday.....whats up?

Monica B.
on 10/13/11 9:41 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all, happy Friday. Sober 348 days and so proud of me.
Post away...be back soon.

Pat R.
on 10/13/11 10:17 pm - Sturgis, MI
Good morning Monica and off friends:
The rains have come.....I managed to get the leaves raked to the street (with the help of my kind neighbor man) yesterday, but got soaked to the skin doing it!   Came in and completely changed clothes, had a cup of hot coffee, and in the afternoon I had a
good nap snuggled in my afghan.

Work today and payday as well -- hurrah.

Finished the baby bib and will post a picture later.

Not much planned for the weekend - Jim is still in Okla. and not sure when he'll be back -- we're not doing too well anyway, so when he does get back there will be lots of talking and figuring things out.
It may be over for us -- I do not want that, but I
won't settle either.....I'm one stubborn woman.

Time to finish my breakfast -- already did 20 min. on the bike and 2.7 miles --- woo hoo.  AND, the wt. continues to drop.

Have a fabulous friday,
Hugs,
Pat R.
Connie D.
on 10/14/11 9:20 am
Pat....I agree....I am not settling either!! We are too old for that...we know what we want and I won't accept anything less!!

Leave the trama and drama for the younger generation. I have been there and done that one too many times!

Hugs....connie d
Patricia R.
on 10/13/11 10:24 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Monica,
Congrats on your sobriety.  Almost  a year.  Keep up the good work.

Today has me getting my INR checked, to check my Coumadin level in my blood.  I also have an appointment with the podiatrist to check on my toes healing.  

Lost a game of Scrabble to Mom last night.  It was close.  Made her happy.

Have a blessed day.  I need to make a gratitude list today.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Monica B.
on 10/13/11 10:37 pm - Emery, SD
Up up and away. RV all clean and organized. Getting ready for our Yoda walk. The traveling bra is on and we have appointments with Chiro later this morning.
The park is loaded with campers for the Halloween weekend festival. Such great decorations are up, elaborate and imagine has been spent on the displays.
Our daughter, Sara, is getting very impatient with being 9 months pregnant. Baby is sitting low and in position. I was so impressed when Alex, now 8, was born. Since I had 3 C-sections I had never experienced a normal natural birth. Sara has a midwife and goes through the birth without medication. Lots of yoga and breathing. I was so amazed at how the big yoga ball played into this process. Hoping this birth is as a "easy" as her first 2.
Made my cube steaks for dinner. We tried the new for us Knorr's seasonng gels. Delicious and very favorful.
Hope all are well and enjoying their day. Remember to be good to yourself and those who cross your path today.
Monica

Connie D.
on 10/14/11 9:25 am
Good evening Monica and everyone......

Just checking in...spent most of the day on the couch taking pain meds....damn Fribromyalgia/Artiritis......this has really been an awful flare up......hope it lets up soon.

Prayers, love and hugs to all.....connie d
Monica B.
on 10/14/11 1:06 pm - Emery, SD
Wishing you comfort for a change sweet women.

Laureen S.
on 10/13/11 11:21 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Monica, OFFr's,

Congrats as you approach your first year milestone, each day sober is a celebration, but when you string days into years, it becomes something more, so celebrate this day and continue to plod the course. . .  wishing your daughter an easy time of it when the baby does come and I'm thinking a chripractor is in my immediate future, today I should know the results of my xrays.

Sitting here at my workstation, heating pad at my back, today I slept until 6:15, which for me is late and my back hurt when I woke up, so I'm hoping that I will have answers today and a direction to go in, chronic pain stinks and I'm certainly no cry baby, but never had the experience of being in pain daily for a long period of time.  I went to bed at 9 last night and like I said, other than potty breaks in the night, I slept until 6:15.  Hoping the work day goes quick and this evening I will attend the "hot dog" AA meeting, it's a clubhouse meeting where on Friday nights they have hot dogs and all the trimmings and people can go to vent anything that is on their mind, it's a nice social meeting and I enjoy it, lots of newcomers, as well as oldtimers, so a good mix.  That's my day and evening plans.

Wishing each of you the very best of life and sending my hopes for peace and strength amidst the stuggles some of you have to deal with.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

seasheleyes
on 10/14/11 3:26 am - Manteca, CA
Good Morning to all of you! I'm at school with a short break. I just finished some testing and I have more to do but I have to wait for the reading session to end. I have nothing planned for the weekend- there are some projects in the house to tackle, so I hope that those will be finished tomorrow! I spent Sunday- Wednesday in San Francisco. My oncologist said that in April I will have reached my 5 year milestone post cancer diagnosis so I will switch to once a year exams after that. It is so wonderful to live after facing the BIG C- lots of you can relate to that I know. When my back hurts I just tell myself- be happy- it's not cancer- it's just a cracked vertabrae....I'll take the longer life with pain, thank you! NO BIG!
Back to work now... kids coming!
Juia
Eileen Briesch
on 10/14/11 9:31 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Monica and my OFF family:

Really late getting on here. Had a long .... long ... day. Let's call it the great notary hunt. I had to get two papers notarized for my closing. I looked up a couple places online. First place didn't do real-estate transactions, only car titles. They told me to go to this title place, which I never found. So then I went to a bank ... notary was out to lunch ... then to another bank, out to lunch. So I went shopping, got a flu shot, came back ... the bank wouldn't do it because I wasn't a customer; another place wouldn't do it because " real-estate transactions are tricky." Aaaarrrggghh!

At this point, I was hot, tired, thirsty, hungry, in pain. I came home ... there were two messages from the settlement agency. I returned the calls; then I started calling notaries. The second person I called was a traveling notary, and he had no issue with a real-estate transaction, so he came over, notarized the stuff, I gave him $20 and all was well. Then I went back out to send the papers back, went back to another store and finally came home. I just started doing laundry while I had something to eat. My knee is swollen and hurts.

Yesterday, I took Juliette out for her 1-year checkup. Vet said she looks wonderful and healthy. She gained a half-pound over last year. All that for $110 (fortunately, I have pet insurance, so I get money back).

Monica, congrats on 348 days. Everyone else, have a good day. I'm tired and I'm going to watch some baseball.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!