Possible Side Effect?

Rudie2
on 10/19/11 10:31 am - South Sound, WA
To all you wise people: I had RNY 4 years ago and my weight has stabilized up about 20 lbs from the lowest weight. Occasionally I have a pain in my chest about nipple level, off to the right or left. It is not constant but is alarming. The Dr did a EKG and it was OK. The RNY surgeon said the prissy pouch was about in the middle of my chest about the sternum. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rudie2
annette R.
on 10/19/11 11:10 pm - ithaca, NY
Rudie,

Two thoughts:
1 - Do you still have your gall bladder? The pain is not exactly where gall bladder pain hits but close.

2 - When did you last have an endoscopy? Might be something to look into.

Don't let the doctor blame a 'prissy pouch'. It infuriates me when a doctor gives us a pat on the head and seems to ignore pain. After four years you know the difference between normal feelings of discomfort and an unusual PAIN!!!

Keep after your doctor to look into this or get another opinion.

Hugs
Annette
 Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Judy G.
on 10/20/11 12:44 am - Galion, OH

It could also be reflux...try some heartburn medication see if that "pain" goes away while taking that. If it doesn't...go back for further testing!!! I had that pain and had testing done and that is what it turned out to be...reflux! But I am not a dr so don't rely on me...just trying to help you.

HUGS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1165 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1112 views