Thursday Morning wake up call

Laureen S.
on 10/27/11 1:11 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Judy,

Thanks sweetie, yes, I'm maintaining my weight, only problem for me is that my weight is still 15 to 20 lbs. from where I want to be, but for right now with the exercise component missing from my life, until I can get with a doctor and find out what exactly is wrong with the back I'm taking my cues from the pain in my body, basically because the pain is also a weakness in my left leg, so the combination has definitely put a crimp in my style. . .  but maintaining and staying right where I'm at is a good thing, it means no having to purchase bigger clothing for the winter and I just don't want to be in the 180s again, happiest was at 162 and that's where I want to be, but still hope and dream about the day I see 150.  Aah it really doesn't matter, I am healthy and better off than ever, just not loving waking with pain and dealing with it all day long and I know you understand, as do many others on here, I've just never had to deal with it before, not on a constant basis.  It has me asleep most nights by 9:30 because I'm so worn down from it.  This too shall pass and I will be able to workout again and I will lose more of this regain, because I'm down, but not out. . .

Hugs and thanks for yours and Vickie's kind words today. . .  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Judy G.
on 10/27/11 4:25 am - Galion, OH

Laureen it sounds like your sciatic nerve might be whats bothering you. My pain dr gave me a shot in mine and its been doing ok ever since. As for the back...well not sure but maybe some facet joint blocks would also help you there. Good luck!!

Do you put het on your back? How about some heat pads? You can get them at the dollar stores r even dollar general that are inexpenive and they work pretty good so you don't have to spend alot of money on them all the time. You can also get some muscle rub cream at the dollar store. I use that also at night. Smells like Ben Gay so I don't wear it to work.

HUGS

Eileen Briesch
on 10/27/11 5:11 am - Evansville, IN
Laureen, I agree with Judy, it might be sciatic nerve problems. I find ice works better because it calms the inflammation of the nerve, but everyone likes something better.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

carlak
on 10/27/11 1:32 am - Bradenton, FL
 Good Morning Mag,
Today finds me having a cold that I got when I was in Chicago!!!!!! So I am nursing that!!!!!
Carl and I are goiing to Michigan to visit Phyllis and Jon for Thanksgiving then we are going to Chicago for a few days then back down to Chicago. They still arent giving hours at work so we decided to travel. So I guess Im semi retired!!!!!! So traveling we will go!!!!!
My daughter is excited for two reasons I told her she could go and use my credit card and go and get her a  kindle fire or a nook color for her 30th birthday!!!!! and she is moving into a tow bedroom apartment tomorrow!!!!!! Now I have my own room to sleep in when I come there!!!!!!! Life is good!!!!!
It is georgeous here today high 70s and the sky is blue and I am going to go outside to see if I can get rid of this cold.
Also going to Books a Million to see Alton Brown tonight at 7pm from the food Channel!!!!! Hope I can get tickets. Leaving around 3pm!!!!! I am so excited!!!!! Going on a date!!!!!
CArla
image hosting site

Connie D.
on 10/27/11 1:43 am
 Good morning Mag and everyone.....

Mag....thank you for the giggles...what a cute story!

Grace was finally feeling better and went to school this morning. I have about 3 hours to myself...I need it!!
Nic came home from class and insisted he was going to make us omelette's. I ate about 1/2....saving the rest for later.

Nic bought his mom (Jamie) a Kindle for her birthday which is on Halloween. I am going to give her cash so she can order some books. She has always wanted a Kindle. She will be able to take that on vacation Nov 3rd-8th with my other daughter. They are going somewhere quiet in Florida. All they are planning on doing is relaxing on the beach and reading. They do plan to rent bikes and ride around too. It will be a great sister time together as they have never been able to do this before.

Trying to get the energy to go change sheets on my bed. That is my agenda for today. Laying low and trying to relax a bit today.

Can't remember who I was going to reply to....in a brain fog today!

Wishing you all a really great day. Prayers for those in need.

Love and hugs to all.....connie d

Patricia R.
on 10/27/11 2:07 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning, or what's left of it.  
I tried to get into the OFF site earlier this morning, and was unable to.  I could not get into any of my OH bookmarked sites.  Quite frustrating.  

Well, I just got home from getting my stitches out.  Then, my friend dropped me off to pick up my car.  From there, I went to the Amish Farmers Market and picked up some stuff I needed.  

Now, I need to go to a craft store and exchange some yarn.  I also have an appointment this afternoon.  Tonight, I have Bible study, which I love.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 10/27/11 6:10 am - Cibolo, TX
Hey Trish,

I went to buy some of that red and blue yarn for the Special Olympics scarves today, but I couldn't find the right red!  This is a very small town.  I went to both Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby.  They had the soft navy, but no one had that cherry red or that really red.  Instead, they had a color called hot red.  I bought it because that's all that was available.  I hope it will be all right. 

Looking forward to making these scarves.  I'll post pics on FB if you will too! 

Anybody else want to knit or crochet scarves for Special Olympics?  Here's the addy:  http://scarvesforspecialolympics.org/

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 10/27/11 11:34 am - Perry, MI
 I have no problem getting the Super Saver colors.  I could not find the Soft yarn in red.  I ended up ordering the Soft colors online from a yarn distributor.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 10/27/11 2:33 am - Jacksonville, NC
Good afternoon, ya'll.
Had Dr. appt this morning. Took xrays of my hip and shoulder. Everything is fine. Had me hold up my right leg and was happy that my muscles around the new left hip were strong. I told him I was still a little leary of putting all of my body weight on it, like when I get into or out of our son's big tall truck! It's just a confidence thing. Wants to see me in a year
Well, our tiniest neighbor has to bring back the sexy witch costume cause it is way too big! I told her Little Red Riding Hood is my smallest one. Plus, she can use the apron to cinch it up of she needs to. If she could convince her hubby to put on some ears and a snout he'd look like a wolf, but he isn't into costumes!
Our weatherman says this is the last 80 degree day until Spring. OK by me. I don't mind the cold days, I just worry about loved ones driving on icey roads. I don't mind the summer humidity either as long as I can stay in the house with AC on.
I ordered a new cabinet to put in the laundry room. Just like the one we have in there. I need more 'pantry' space. I have 2 fridge/freezer combos, a big tall freezer and lots of shelf and cupboard space. But apparently that isn't enough room for all the food. There are just 2 of use and both of us have had WLS! It is quite obvious I am feeding many more than just the 2 of us. But I guess we all knew that!
Everyone have a fantastic afternoon and evening!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 10/27/11 6:13 am - Cibolo, TX
So, Caroline, the real question is:  what are YOU going to wear for Halloween?!?  We want to see you all dressed up!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views