The sun is up.....whats up with you?

Monica B.
on 11/12/11 7:43 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all. Sober 378 days and so proud of me.
Got a small electric skillet, never had one before.....easy to use and quick. Still amazes me how prices can be small for some items that used to cost so much.
Hoping the Eileen gets an interview call and then the job!!
Enjoy your Sunday, go Giants and Patriots.
Monica Slept very well, but got a really horrific left foot and ankle charlie horse. Lasted almost 45 minutes and it hurt. Foot sore this morning. I did alot of walking yesterday and maybe that is why the spasm hit.
So good to be home. All the laundry is done and the RV is organized. Worked hard cleaning the rental car and putting stuff back in place in the truck and house. Hot tub was delightful oh yes.
We are going to a Medieval Fair and then heading over to the beach to view the sand sculpture expo.

Nancy H.
on 11/12/11 8:02 pm - Traverse City, MI
Good morning Monica, it is so fun to hear about your adventures. What a beautiful baby to enjoy for youn to enjoy!

Well my kids were here again this weekend. My energy level sure went up. My 7 yr. grandaughter & I made chicken & dumplins, homemade cresent rolls, & homemade bread. what fun. The older kids loaded the wood shed & worked on my car, then it it was football.

Two perfect days. Now I will sleep for 3 days!!. Have an absolutely great Sunday all.
Nan
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 11/12/11 9:14 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Monica and Nan and to all that follow,

I'm so thrilled for you Monica. 378!!!!!! Truly wonderful. Sounds like you have been very busy,

Nan, Glad you spent time with your family. It always increases my energy. When I was so sick a while back I did the stay in bed for several days after they left.

Tomorrow is surgery. I picked up my blood thinner med yesterday. It was very expense. (9 dollars a pill) Will work on cleaning up my messy desk today. I want to clean my bathroom so it will be sparkling clean when I get home. Still nervous, but going to have it done.
   Hugs to all   Mag  

Monica B.
on 11/13/11 7:39 am - Emery, SD
Sweet women good thoughts and prayers for you on this new journey. Please remember to be good to you. Follow the rules, take the pain meds, drink water and UP the protein. Keep us posted. Hugs and happiness and speedy recovery.
Monica

poegirl100
on 11/12/11 10:23 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Monica, Nan, and Mag!  And good morning to all my OFF sistas to come!

Monica--so glad you are happy to be home and doing well.  Nan, SO very good to hear from you today and know you had a good time with your family.  By all means, now, rest and sleep.  Mag, praying for your surgery tomorrow.  Wish I could be there to help you through your recovery time.

Today Mom and I are travelling to Houston for the visitation for my uncle.  I googled the miles.  220 miles each way!  Ugh.  Got to do it.  Y'all pray for me to have lots of patience today, all right?

Had a great visit with my daughters Friday night and all day Saturday, but they all went home last night.  I already miss them.  Thank goodness Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  Nothing I like better than having my whole family under one roof!

Well, I have to scoot.  Lots to do this morning before we can leave.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 11/13/11 7:43 am - Emery, SD
Grateful for you Miss Vickie. Remembering our family time last Sunday.....it was so wonderful. Cooking for my family is an extension of who I am......chix & dumplings is a labor of love. Couldn't believe our Jessica took home all the dumplings. Hubby loves to have some a few hours after dinner.
Kinda like Tday with turkey samwich a few hours later. Glad you had a nice visit.

Eileen Briesch
on 11/12/11 10:34 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Monica and my OFF family:

Went to bed too early and got up too early. Kept checking email for notice of the interview being scheduled but nothing. The guy emailed me early saying he was checking on flights, but then I got nothing. I was really tired yesterday so I was in bed asleep by 11 p.m., so I wound up getting up at 6:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. So I'm up, drinking my morning coffee protein shake that I mix up. Now, it's time for coffee soon and the morning paper (it's here late).

The Medieval Fair sounds like fun ... I was to one of those many years ago when I was much younger and had better knees. I am so interested in medieval history anyway now.

I'm going to brew up a pot of Casi Cielo coffee this morning and read the paper. and get ready for football (no Bears game here, so it'll be the Saints-Falcons ... should be interesting at least), then off to work.

Have a good one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 11/13/11 1:44 am
Good morning Monica and everyone.....

Monica.....so wonderful to see you starting the thread today. Very glad you are back with us once again!!

Nan....happy to know you have your family around you. Sounds like you had a great time together.

Mag.....I will be praying for you as you have your surgery tomorrow. I hope all goes well for you!

Vickie....sounds like you are having a great time with family too!!

Eileen.....hope you still hear about that job real soon.

Nothing much for me today. The pain in my hip is definitely better today. I can walk without a cane for the first time in a week.  PTL

Going to enjoy today as it is back to taking care of Grace tomorrow. Not that I don't enjoy her because I do!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need.

Love and hugs to all......connie d
Pat R.
on 11/13/11 3:38 am - Sturgis, MI
Not much to report here -- cloudy and gloomy sure doesn't help me feel better....got on a crying jag this morning...but doing better now.

Went to church, then to Wal Mart for kitty litter -- they were out when I was there a few days ago....they don't keep the shelves stocked very well here.

Cooked up some food to get me thru the week....the house smells good.   Tried to take a nap, but guess I
wasn't tired enough.

Looking forward to work tomorrow -- will help to get my head straightened out by being busy.

Good luck on your surgery Mag. and glad to see your hip is doing better Connie.

Good thoughts and prayers to all,
Pat r.
Debbiejean
on 11/13/11 4:56 am - Shelbyville, MI
Hugs Pat...hope your over crying honey...tomorrow's another day!

Good Afternoon OFF family...well you wouldn't believe my Sunday at church or maybe you would!
Auuuugghhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggg!!!!!!!
Today the Pastor put a nasty taste in my mouth and wasn't very Christian if you ask me.
Apparently he fasted and prayed 3 days about this....

Okay...I got up early after working 16 hours yesterday, not enough sleep and ended up getting up at 3am when hubby tossed and turned with leg pain so up I was at 3 drinking a small glass of tomato juice then back to bed. Got to church and did 15 minutes of Adult Bible Study then me, hubby and the gal who plays the piano left cuz we are doing Praise Team for 3 mths. in a row.
The Pastor was there...so later church starts (after we practiced for 30 minutes singing), Pastor does announcements then 2 other guys did their announcements for the Building and Youth thing. Then Pastor has them turn off the lights and he puts on his "head light" and proceeds to talk about giving 10% to the church. The heat was not turned on. He talked about not having coffee and cookies after wards for fellowship. Then proceeds to talk about a family that lives at poverty level with 4 children should be giving 34.00 a week!!!!! Oh hell no, not in this economy. Needless to say a lot of people were turned off big time. Then he says we are not even taking a collection today, I want you to take your envelope home and pray about "are you giving enough". I know it takes money to run a church but really cut back on some things if we aren't making budget. My hubby gave the Pastor an ear full after wards. I started crying (lack of sleep and not eating, my blood sugar was dropping by this time and I'm stressed out)

No wonder a lot of people get turned off about church. We will be going to Martin United Methodist Church on Sunday. I'm done with this church, and I'm taking a stand. Several people from church knew I was upset and said they would call me later. One of the elders hugged me and said it would be all right. Well it's not all right. It's not right to make people feel they aren't giving enough money to the church. I don't have to go to church but I like going, making friends and worshiping with others. I like getting involved with the church and helping out.

So for you people that do pray, please keep me and hubby in your prayers. I'm not leaving our church angry, just disappointed. On the other hand we will be worshiping with our daughter, SIL and her 4 children so that's good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views