What's up with you this Wednesday before Thanksgiving?

karen C.
on 11/22/11 8:51 pm - Kennewick, WA

I'm getting some coffee. Be right back!

Karen C

karen C.
on 11/22/11 9:07 pm - Kennewick, WA

I really am trying but sure having a hard time convincing myself that I like these short, dark days. I'm staying busy and trying to perk up.

Going to my brother and sis in law's across town for Turkey and all the fixins tomorrow.

I'm been working on Christmas cards and letter, subbing some which has been  slow with conferences and half days. Healthwise I just completed another sleep study; results will be in for review next week. Had 2 facial biopsies of "suspect" red areas on  my lip and cheek. Both came back clear thank goodness.

Our kids, grands, and grand dogs will be here for most of a week around Christmas so there is plenty to do. Haven't even started shopping or gathering my thoughts about all of that.

It's dark, cold, windy and I basically want to crawl back under the house and stay until February when we go to Hawaii for a week. Doubt if I'll be able to get away with that.

So, I'm going to the gym, working on some little projects around the house, and trying to get in "the mood." I'm in a mood just not the right one!

I have much to be thankful for and I am. My 3 grand daughters light up my life. It will be fun to watch their joy on Christmas morning. Not spending a ton on them just making sure there are lots of things to unwrap. Dollar store goodies, sand buckets for making summer sand castles. I'll fill them with little goodies in the mean time. Clara wants a Tinkerbell movie and Hannah a tea set. Snowman flannel sheet sets for their beds. The old farmhouse upstairs bedrooms have little insulation in the walls. Hannah told Erin that her bed wasn't warm like Mom and Dad's.They have so much "stuff" that I hate to add to it! BUT I will. Erin said she's going to go through theirs and donate things before the holidays.

I don't WANT anything material. Friends, family, and relative good health should be enough to fill my soul. And it will be. Right now it's just feeling a bit of a void.

Wherever you are sending you warm thoughts. Be careful if you are on the road. I'm thinking another cup of coffee and a Hallmark movie sound good to me!

Karen C

Judy G.
on 11/22/11 10:21 pm, edited 11/22/11 10:32 pm - Galion, OH

(((Karen))) I know what you mean about these short days!!! I hate them also!!! Seems like we get up in the dark and before long its dark again!!!! GRRRRR I did see a light that is supposed to be good for people that get depressed with shorter days. Not sure what it was called right now but it sold for about $50 if I remember right. I was thinking of getting one for myself and see if it helped my moods...I know I am MUCH happier when there is MORE daylight hours and the weather is nice and WARM instead of dreary and cold!!! Hang in there ok? Better days are coming...just not soon enough I know.... ;-)

Enjoy those grands and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

HUGS

PS Hallmark movie??? The Love Letter is a good one!!! Unless you are looking for a Christmas one to watch...I have been looking for The Love Letter and can't find it!!! One more place to go and see if they have it and if they don't I guess its not meant for me to have it. :-(

Judy G.
on 11/22/11 10:32 pm - Galion, OH

Morning Karen and OFF family!!!

Well I am getting alot of packing and sorting done and boy let me tell you that I am geting sore all over!!! LOL Its a good sore though so not to worry!!! :-)  Really looking forward to this move now!! Got all my ducks in a row now you could say. My internet will be shut off next week and won't be hooked back up til late friday night. Hopefully I will still be able to keep my yahoo account and FB account! Seems when I move I have to change everything and I hate that!!! I do not know how to do photos and all that good stuff so have to wait and see what happens when I get hooked up again I guess. Pray it all goes well and it stays like I have it now!!!

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I so want to get the kitchen packed up but that is a hard one to do not knowing exactly what will be needed yet for cooking and eating etc...if it was just me and Rick there would be no problem at all...but company is coming and there is where the problem is. Apartment is a mess and its going to stay like it is. Like I said we didn't invite strangers over so that isn't OUR fault. Rick's mom did it and she should be ashamed of herself but we all know she doesn't have a care in the world....what can I say? Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!! :-)

Weather here is cold and raining and calling for rain/snow for our move on tuesday!!!!!! GRRRRRR just what we do not need at all!!!!!!!!!! Sighs.

Been working on the afghan also and boy my hands and butt hurt!!!! Hands from working on it so much and my butt from sitting in one place for so long!!!! BUT there are 4 more rows to make and I have the 2nd one done!!!! Then I have one more to make before Christmas!!! I CAN do it!!!!!!!!

Well best get going here so I can get things going again...Thoughts and Prayers to all that need them!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

HUGS

Monica B.
on 11/22/11 10:32 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all. Sober 388 days and so proud of me.
I know that being in FL with the super sun has helped me be grateful each day. No more hibernation like I did up north.
Not much planned. Attending a Thanksgiving party here so I will not be cooking.
I asked our daughter Sara if electric mattress pads would be good gifts for her and the children. She isn't sure they would be welcomed. They are USED to a cool home and sleeping temps. Now that I have had WLS I find I am cool most of the time and love to be snugly warm at sleep. I love my Northern Nights down blanket, not bulky or thick, just warm.
Getting ready to head out for the day. Hope all are well, missing those not around like Mag and Carolyn. Safe passage for those traveling. Will NOT be shopping on Tday or Black Friday.
Hugs and appreciation for you all. Monica

Judy G.
on 11/22/11 10:38 pm - Galion, OH

Hi Monica!! I am with you!! No shopping on Thanksgiving day at all!!!!!! How can people have a nice Holiday with their family if they have to work??? Shame on the retailers!!!! As for Black Friday...only one thing I am going out for and that is NORTON security at BJ's that will be a great buy and the only reason I am going there is because I have to pick up my check!!! Otherwise I would stay home!!! I do NOT like shopping in those wild crowds at all!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

HUGS

monymony
on 11/22/11 10:55 pm
Hi everyone, I also think that instead of shopping on thanksgiving you should be with family. We are staying home for thanksgiving. I am not stressing about tomorrow. It always works out one way or another.  I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Patricia R.
on 11/22/11 10:57 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Karen and OFF to follow,
I am with you on the dark, cold days making me want to crawl under something till March.  I hate the cold, and lack of light.  I have tons of lamps all over my apartment.  My daughter's living room is lit by only two lamps, and it is depressing to say the least.

I am pretty much done my shopping for Christmas.  I am giving my kids money.  Easy, and something they like.  MY Munchkins, I am done shopping for them already.  Lots of toys for them.  Plus, I am giving my granddaughter a Precious Moments figurine.  

I am heading to my sister-in-law's for turkey tomorrow.  We will be a small gathering, but it should be nice.  I make the gravy, and cranberry sauce.  Plus, I am bringning a sugar free apple pie.made at a farm market a friend's parents own.  At least there will be a dessert I can enjoy.

I am thankful for many things today.  My children and grandchildren are at the top of the list.

Hugs to all.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 11/22/11 11:20 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Karen and my OFF family:

I am up way too early this morning. I have to be at work at 10 a.m. or thereabouts ... we have super early deadlines today. I feel like I'm back in Grand Rapids. At least I slept OK last night. I felt like I was sleep editing yesterday. About 9:15 p.m., my programs crashed and it took 15 minutes to get them back up. Right at deadline,  yup! So we were a little late. I had one full page to do plus parts of others when that happened. There was a lot of cursing going on.

Anyway, I have to get in the shower and get dressed. I am staying home for Thanksgiving tomorrow ... I found my turkey wings yesterday and Stovetop stuffing and jar gravy (well, it's just one person) and cranberries ... I'll make some cranberry bread. Just going to stay home and watch football.

Well, have a good day. Got to get going.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 11/22/11 11:58 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Karen C and my OFF sistas!

We have plenty of sunshine down here in Texas.  I wish I could send some of it to you all!  The days are shorter, though, and I hate that it is solid dark by 6 p.m.  Something just not right about that.

Okay, here's the saga of the day.  My husband finally made it out of Saudi to Amsterdam, where he is now STUCK!  Got on the first plane, took off, developed some sort of engine problem, had to DUMP FUEL and turn around and fly back to the airport.  Yikes.  Got on a second plane, got as far as the runway, decided IT had engine problems, too, and returned to the hanger.  At this point, I wake up and find all these emails waiting for me in my In Box.  He's a little frustrated to say the least.  Next flight out leaves THERE at 5 p.m., and should get to Houston, our time, at 8:20 p.m.  (It's a 10 hour flight, but the time changes, you know?)  So, I'm watching the KLM website, hoping that the flight does take off as planned.  I won't leave here until around 5 p.m. this evening to go get him.

If you all don't mind, say a little prayer for him for a safe flight today, okay?

So my oldest daughter got here safe and sound last night, just in time for supper.  We had a good visit last night, and she's up with me this morning, playing with the baby.  We just had breakfast together and she had the best time playing "auntie"!  Mommy, of course, is still sleeping.  I think she must be exhausted.  Lord knows that baby daddy of hers doesn't give her much help!

Yesterday I made those sugar free pies.  Didn't really think the lemon ricotta cheese pie turned out too great, but the pumpkin fluff is wonderful!  Even my oh-so-picky daughters love that one.

Well, I guess I'll spend some time prepping veggies for tomorrow this morning while I anxiously watch the web to see if my husband gets to leave Europe today.  You just never know.

So glad to hear from Carolyn today.  Now if we could just hear from our Mag!  I hope her knee surgery went okay.  Could be she had to stay longer in the hospital that planned and has no access to the internet right now. 

To all of you hosting turkey parties tomorrow, I wish you easy preps, fast ovens, and hungry guests!  Love you all!

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views