What's up with you this Wednesday before Thanksgiving?

poegirl100
on 11/23/11 3:41 am - Cibolo, TX
Update:  the third (and hopefully LAST) plane made it out of the Amsterdam airport!  Flight schedule puts him landing in Houston around 8:30 p.m.  Thank you, Lord!  Now if I can just navigate all the traffic on the road this evening . . . !

Vic
grammylew
on 11/23/11 3:25 am - Jacksonville, NC
The menu for Thanksgiving is shaping up. Apps: stuffed mushrooms, sausage bites, deviled eggs, some chex mixes, olives and pickles for munching, stuffed dates, goldfish. Meal: deep fried turkey, ham, mashed taters, giblet gravy, sage stuffing, candied yams, acorn squash, green beans w bacon, corn, rolls, pumpkin bread, cranberry sauce (both jellied and homemade from real cranberries). Desserts: apple pie, pumpkin chiffon pie, cheesecake, chocolate cake pops, cream puffs, Peppermint meringue kisses, magic cookie bars, lemon meringue pie.
This year some our guests are a family whose husband/daddy is in Afghanistan. Thus the ham for the girl who doesn't like turkey, and the goldfish and cake pops for the 4 year old. I am leaving some of the cake pops undecorated so Jace can use edible markers and decorate some for all of us. Also, 2 kinds of cranberry sauce for them as well.
Our son and one grandson are on their way home from their annual hunting trip to WV. They won't be home til very late. So tomorrow's dinner will be at 4.
I so hope everyone has a fantabulous Thanksgiving! Remember to be thankful for all the great things in your life!

Grammylew in Jax

karen C.
on 11/23/11 6:41 am - Kennewick, WA
Can I come over for the appetizers? I promise to leave early!

Karen C

Monica B.
on 11/23/11 8:11 am - Emery, SD
I want to come to your house. I always made stuffed mushrooms and stuffed articokes for Tday. Picked up mushrooms at store and put them back since it is just hubby and I. Boo Hoo.....wish we were there.

Sue C
on 11/23/11 5:39 am - Fargo, ND
Hello all!

I am sitting at work, alone, just thinking of what all I need to get done when I get off.  And no one to help me either!!  Hopefully my boyfriend, Rich, will help do somehting when he gets home.  He has to stop and visit his daughter and watch a movie with her when he is done with work.  It will be just he and I and my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner tomorrow.

Not doing the usual turkey. Its a ham this year.  Daughter just had turkey and Rich doesnt care for it so it what it is.  And I plan to eat a little bit of everything I am cooking!!  I had my RNY 6 years ago and have maintained so I will not feel guilty. (and I dont dump).

At least the weather is nice for the travelers.  Suppose to be 50 tomorrow, and I live in ND!!!!

Enjoy the day with your friends and family.  I wont be doing any shopping either.  It can wait till Friday!!

~ Sue ~

257/162/150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views