Wednesday, What's up!

cindibarre
on 12/27/11 9:49 pm - Danforth, ME
Good Morning OFF-

Had a wonderful Christmas with my Texas family.  Ate way too much!  But enjoyed myself immensely.  Ended up babysitting for a friend while she went to have her belated Christmas present on the 26th.  Talk about two crazy ladies catering to a 22 month old!  So happy that I have lost as much weight as I have so far as I was able to keep up with this active little man.

Today is back to work day.  Looking forward to it as my project is going well.  Tonight I'll go to water fitness!  Which is a work out but feels good.  Back is not bothering me as much since I started the water fitness and yoga.

Hope everyone is recovering from the holiday weekend.  Eileen I hope that your move gets worked out and that you're on your way soon!  Nancy and Nan sending you positive vibes during your battle!  Monica, congrats on another day of sobriety.

Cindi
Jo W.
on 12/27/11 10:01 pm - Owosso, MI
OOPS i I was  getting long winded and you beat me!!!!  
Patricia R.
on 12/27/11 10:19 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning OFF Family,
I had a fun, exhausting day with my kids yesterday.  My son helped me rearrange my living room and my daughter helped rearrange my dining room.  I also got my Christmas presents from my kids.  My daughter and older son gave me a beautiful bike, and my younger son gave me a bluetooth speaker thing for my car.

Today, I have to go into work for my performance review.  The hospital has been closed since Hurricane Irene, but I have been getting a part time paycheck none the less.  Pretty sweet.

I also must get to a meeting.  Have not been to one since Christmas morning.  I also hope to see my daughter and the Munchkins once more before they go back to Michigan.

Prayers for those who need them.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 12/27/11 11:50 pm - Evansville, IN
Hi Cindi and my OFF family:

Things are starting to work themselves out for the move. Well, as much as they can. Called the vet today and will stop over there to get meds for Juliette for the ride. I want my little kitty to be stress-free when we travel. Called the apartment complex that I wanted, and talked to someone, who says it appears I have a lease. Great! She wasn't sure, so I have to call back tomorrow. But it looks like I have an apartment.

That was bothering me last night, so I spent part of the evening in bed on the iPad searching for apartments instead of reading. Love the iPad, but it bothers my shoulder using it. I had it in bed to listen to music ... ended up playing on line. Then didn't sleep well ... too hyper and in too much pain.

My cleaning lady did too good of a job packing ... she packed most of my cups and glasses, so I had nothing to drink out of this morning ... used my Keurig iced coffee cup to drink my coffee protein shake that I whip up in my blender. Today, I hit the back bedroom and pack the books and stuff back there. And finish up the kitchen. Tomorrow, it's laundry and pack the clothes, as much as I can into the dresser and chest of drawers (they'll move those), rest in suitcases. Friday, the movers come.

Mom's check came in the afternoon, so I cashed that (it was a cashier's check, so there was no hold on it), so my checking account is in the black again. I have to run out later to: pick up Juliette's medicine, get a sympathy card for my friend Debbie (whose mom died in November), take back my Redbox movies ("Limitless" ... very good; "Apollo 18" ... OK, a little disjointed); get some plastic cups to drink out of; get some straws for my Atkins shakes (yes, those got packed, too); maybe get another movie; get some more small boxes; take some stuff to Goodwill ... too many things to do!

Well, can't sit here all day. Have a good one.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Pat R.
on 12/27/11 11:59 pm - Sturgis, MI
Hello everyone....
Had an absolutely fabulous weekend with my sweet man....he ended up staying until today, since we had a bad snow event yesterday and I wouldn't let him drive all the way to Detroit in that mess.   It was so hard to say goodbye....I tried not to cry but we both shed a few tears.....I am planning to spend New Years weekend with him in Belleville.

We spent Christmas day with my family and they welcomed Bobby with open arms.  We stayed until after 6, and it was dark by then....going down the steps I managed to miss the bottom step and fell flat on my face like a box of rocks!  Banged up my left knee really bad and both elbows are sore and scratched up, I also have a raspberry on my chin, and a lump under my left jaw.....what a clutz!  Just thankful nothing was broken.  Even my glasses got scratched.  Was pretty stiff and sore on Monday.

Had breakfast with my son yesterday morning -- went really well - they found some common ground to chat about and he (son) even smiled several times! 

Connie, you are in my prayers ....I'm so sorry things didn't work out with your daughter.

Got to get back to work -- everyone have a great day.

Pat r.
Connie D.
on 12/28/11 12:26 am, edited 12/28/11 12:26 am
 Good morning Cindi and everyone...

Pat and my wonderful OFF friends, thanks so much for thinking about me. I am definitely moving back to St Cloud, MN. I have a lot to do to get ready. I am concerned about packing around Grace as she doesn't know yet. Causes me a lot of emotional pain!! I am a horrible person you know for always putting my grandchildren's needs first and caring about their well being!! I feel just sick about it all. Nic is planning on moving out. He doesn't want to live with his mother or his dad. He said as long as I am here he will be around otherwise not. Poor Nic like he doesn't have enough on his mind. He has testing in Memphis on the 9th thru the 12th. This is a hard time for all of us. We never know what the outcome of those tests will be. Praying hard on that issue!!

I hope you all have a good day. Like I have said before "thanks for always being here for me". Always keeping you in my prayers.

Much love and many hugs....connie d

monymony
on 12/28/11 12:57 am
Good Morning all, I had a quiet christmas. Spoiled my grandkids. What is everyone doing for the new year? I am inviting friends for supper and cards.

Does anyone have any goals for 2012? I want to get off 10 lbs. and be more active.  I wish everyone the best for the new year.

Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

lightswitch
on 12/28/11 1:50 am

Good morning all.

Yesterday, I had my six month doctor's appointment.  He had the results of my lab work and he changed some of my meds around.  He told me that I am no longer going to get to decide about B-12…I guess my levels were so low that he said I had to take it monthly for the rest of my life.  I have taken it every once in a while but have resisted a monthly shot, but I suffered from anemia before surgery and that was one of the reasons that I had to cancel my wls the first time.  So, I will no longer resist.  The funny thing, he said I should be tired but I have not noticed being tired or feeling run down, but he gave me the shot yesterday and today I do feel a little perky.  

We took the grandbaby home and today hubby is at work and I am doing some work from home.  I cannot believe that in a few days I will be 57…where the hell did all these years go?  I guess I need to get back to work.  I am putting a Powerpoint presentation together for the PhD students that will be a five day workshop on writing the dissertation.  

Anyway, back to work. 

poegirl100
on 12/28/11 4:30 am - Cibolo, TX
Good afternoon OFF sistas!

I've been slightly MIA the past few days.  Partly because of the usual Christmas activities.  And partly because of my dumb satellite internet connection.  As you know, we live in the country, and I have a satellite dish for my TV as well as for my internet.  The satellite company only allows you so much bandwidth in a single 24 hour period.  If you exceed that--even though you don't use nearly all your allotted bandwidth on any other day--they "punish" you by slowing down your internet connection for the next 24 hours.  Well, we got punished Monday night and I'm just now catching up on emails and OFF and FB and all my other connections.  Stupid satellite.

Sounds like everyone has been very, very busy with family and friends and visitors this Christmas.  Some good, and some not-so-good.  Connie, sweetie, I'm so, so sorry about your daughter.  If anyone knows about strained mother/daughter relationships, it's me.  You have my heartfelt sympathy and prayers right now.  I know your heart is breaking.  I wish I could have you over for some tea and a nice long visit.  It helps, sometimes, just to pour your heart out to someone who understands.  If you want to call me, my cell is 936-615-0317.  I promise you, there's nothing you could say about your daughter that would shock me or make me think less of you.  I've been there. 

Well, yesterday I spent my day in Lufkin waiting on the car dealership to finish installing all the features on my new car.  They had such a hard time finding us one that was AWD that we just had to take what they could get, and then they added on the extras that we wanted, like the DVD player in the back seat and the trailer hitch.  Mom went with me and we shopped and had lunch out.  That part was nice.  They kept my car from 8 a.m 'til almost 4 p.m.  It was a long day.

I am trying to get our house ready to put on the market in the spring.  One of the things I have to do is to (quite literally) play musical chairs with my furniture!  With 3 houses, it's become quite a complicated game.  Anyway, I'm going to buy a new sofa for staging the living room here, and I've been shopping for one since last fall.  All there is in the stores right now is this heavy dark brown furniture!  That style just won't fit in my country French living room at all.  So I'm going to have to special order a sofa.

I tried last fall at Haverty's.  Had a sofa and fabric all picked out, thought I had a done deal, and then they called and said they couldn't cover that sofa in the fabric I had picked out after all.  So yesterday I went to another furniture store and found a sofa I liked.  I picked out not one, but TWO fabric choices, just in case.  And wouldn't you know it?  They called me back this morning and said both of those fabrics had been discontinued and they couldn't get anymore from the mills.  Grrrrr!  Why is this so bleepin' hard? 

I spent most of last week cleaning house, and today I'm started back on my task.  I'm cleaning out bookcases and packing up stuff that I want to keep, but I need to move out of here before we start showing the house next spring.  Lord above, I have so many books!  I already pitched all the paperbacks.  I gave away 4 big shopping bags full of them.  But I have way more reference books and children's books.  Do you all know that I used to own a used book store?  Can't remember if I've shared that or not.  Anyway, I have an obsession with books.  Can't resist collecting them or buying them.  But all my bookcases are overflowing and they look a mess.  I've got to clear them out.

Same goes with my craft room.  I also have an obsession with yarn.  Tubs and tubs of it.  Why do I do these things?  LOL!

Okay, I guess I need to make one confession before I close.  I made a lot of bad food choices over the past 72 hours.  I really did.  And the scale reflects it this morning.  Up 2 pounds.  No, no, no.  I did not go through surgery and all the struggles of this past year to start gaining weight now.  I'm working hard today to rein myself back in.  I'm drinking my water and eating my protein and threw all the bad carbs down the garbage disposal this morning.  And next week I start back to Curves again.  I still haven't made it to 100 lbs lost, much less my goal weight.  So back on the wagon again!

I know I rambled on and on today.  Sorry 'bout that!  I missed you guys!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 12/28/11 6:10 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Vickie,
    I must have missed some of your posts. Where are you moving to?
    Also we should have a friendly rivalry. See who can best get all (good) fluids and and protein in our bodies. Also keeping steady or increasing our exercise program. I've been very lax this week.
   Mag

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views