Rainy Tuesday

Pat R.
on 1/16/12 8:31 pm - Sturgis, MI
Rainy and 46 degrees here in southwest Michigan....to turn colder throughout the day and some more snow this evening...meanwhile the rain is melting the snow we already have....

Off to early work this morning, have a training session at 8 a.m.

Doing well - holding at 20 lbs lost since last summer...so proud of myself.

Bobby has a bad cold, so I am making chicken soup this afternoon and will take it up to
him tomorrow when I go to spend a few dayis.  

Prayers for our gals fighting cancer == I pray for all of you everyday.

Love and hugs,

Pat r. 

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 1/16/12 8:45 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Pat and all to follow,

I started writing today's posting and then got side tracked. lol. I measured for the first time in a long time. I've lost 68 inches this past year. How amazing. My tummy is still very large compared to the rest of my body. I must do something about that.

Everyone has a great day. Praying.   Mag

Patricia R.
on 1/16/12 9:21 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Pat, 
I am just hanging out here at the hospital waiting for my surgery. I am thirsty but can't have anything to eat or drink till afterward. 

Hugs
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 1/16/12 11:40 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Pat, Mag and Trish! 

Trish, praying for a good outcome for your surgery today.  Hoping this is the last step before you finally get well and get to go home again.

Okay, I had an absolutely HOR-RI-BLE food day yesterday!  I don't know what the hell was wrong with me!  I ate all day long.  Every hour on the hour I was cramming more food in my mouth.  It was like I never could get filled up all day long.  By nighttime I was eating crap just because it was there.  This is a first since I had my surgery and I was miserable with self-loathing by the time I went to bed last night.  Tummy rumbled around all night long, but so far this morning I haven't been sick yet. 

I felt just like I used to feel with PMS, only I haven't had a visit from TOM since last November.  I used to binge eat every month.  Maybe my body is still cycling?  Maybe it's hormones?  Whatever it was, I don't want to experience it again. 

I'll stop whining now, but I am so disappointed in myself today.  I feel like poo.  I wish I would get sick, so I would never do this again.  At least I didn't eat any chocolate.

Heard from my sweet husband this morning.  He dropped me a 4 line email to let me know he made it as far as Bahrain.  Was waiting at the gate for the short flight to Dubai.  Hopefully he is now winging his way across the ocean on his way to Atlanta.  I'll be a bit nervous all day until I know his flight has landed safely in the U.S.

I went to Wal Mart yesterday evening, and had two items on my shopping list that they just did not have anywhere in that store!  I wanted to buy an electric can opener and some SOS pads.  Wouldn't you think Wal Mart would carry those?  It was crazy.

I have been trying to teach myself a new craft in the evenings called a Knook.  It's a way to knit using a crochet hook.  I thought maybe I could do it, since I love to crochet so much.  Holy cow.  I'm all thumbs with it.  I have finally gotten a very simple scarf underway, but the rows are still pretty slow and awkward for me.  I'm having trouble controlling the tension.  And I keep making stupid mistakes and it takes me an hour to figure out how to go back and correct them.  Still, I counted my rows last night, and I've got about 60 rows worked, and it doesn't look too bad.  And it does look like knitting.  We'll see how this goes.  I had thought I might Knook one more scarf for Special Olympics, but that's not going to happen this year. 

Oh, and I do have one really bright spot today.  Today is my one-year anniversary of NO COKES!  Haven't had a single sip of Coke in 365 days!  I know that may sound a little silly to some of you, but I was so thoroughly addicted to Coca Cola.  I would have never believed I could go a whole year without one.

Well, much to do on this last day before my husband gets home.  Love you all so much!  Don't know what I would do without this group for support for all my WL issues, as well as the good friendships I've made here.  You are all a blessing to me.

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 1/17/12 1:44 am - Galion, OH

After I wnt so long without drinking COKE...then trying it again...OMG!!! Tasted like gasoline to me!!! But now it sure tastes good again...OMG

I have been doing eting binges also and hate myself for doing it!!! What is wrong with us??? Hang in there better days are coming back!!!

Happy for you that hubby is on his way home to you!!!

HUGS

poegirl100
on 1/17/12 2:00 am - Cibolo, TX
I don't know, Judy.  It's like Caroline's post yesterday: food is an addiction! 

Today I feel replussed by food and haven't eaten a thing yet.  Had a ProJo mid-morning.  Drinking lots of water today, trying to "flush" away yesterday's bad food choices.

I know in my heart, if I ever let Coke back into my life, I'm a goner.  Same goes for chocolate.  If I do nothing else right, I have to hold the line on those two food items. 

I threw away all the leftover ginger snaps and mini ice cream sandwiches I had bought for Benny last month.  I'm thinking about throwing away all the jelly in the frig, too.  The peanut butter I will keep.

Carbs are the work of the devil!  Get thee behind me, Satan!

Vic

cindibarre
on 1/17/12 2:32 am - Danforth, ME
Vickie-

Next time you start eating call me and I'll coach you through it if you'll coach me through mine.  My theory is you're anxious about Butch's arrival home and the family Christmas celebrations that you will have over the next two weeks.  It wasn't PMS eating it was stress eating.  Way to hard on yourself, girlfriend.!  But know where you're coming from!

Cindi
poegirl100
on 1/17/12 2:55 am - Cibolo, TX
Okay, Cindi, it's a deal.  You can call me anytime, too.

You might be right about the stress, but it felt like way more than that!  It felt like deliberate sabotage by me on me!  I usually don't do things like that unless it's hormone driven, you know?  When my hormones kick in, I'm liable to do just about anything.  You know that show, Snapped?  My family all learned early on to give me a wide berth when I was PMSing.

Things are better today.  I had a small bowl of my homemade chicken soup for lunch.  No crackers--just the soup.  Haven't felt the need to binge yet today.  And I did just throw all the jelly down the sink.  LOL!  No point in leaving it here to tempt me.  Hubby doesn't eat jelly anyway.

Okay, my break's over.  Better get back on my head. :)

Thanks for the support, pal!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 1/17/12 12:43 am
Good morning Pat and everyone... 

I posted on Mag's thread.....popping over to say hi!!

Love and hugs to all...connie d
Judy G.
on 1/17/12 1:46 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well its 50* now temps dropping again...melted all our snow and now its windy with wind advisories out til late tonight...rain off and on but then its supposed to change to snow again...GRRRR

Doing recerts today and hopefully I get them right!! Firstone I did I got a call and said parts were missing...OMG!!! So had to find things and now working on it again to get it finished for sure this time!!! My bad!!!! YIKES!!!!

Lunch is over so back to work I go...thoughts and prayers for all that need them!!!

HUGS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1113 views