Happy News

Pat R.
on 1/26/12 9:55 am - Sturgis, MI
I spent from Wed. 1/19 until Tuesday 1/24 with my honey.  We had lots to talk about and before I left he asked me to be his life partner - I said YES!  I'll be getting a diamond probably on Valentine's Day or my birthday later in Feb. -- I'm sure he will make it a surprise.

I know this has all happened very quickly - but it feels perfect and right, and we are so much in love and compatible in every way.  At our ages - me nearly 73 and he is 80 - there is no reason to wait and see when we feel the way we do.  My son and I had a long talk this afternoon and he is very happy for me - tho' he doesn't like me being 108 miles away -- I told him they are always welcome to visit - we have 3 bedrooms and he can always pick up the phone.

Bobby has also asked me to be his partner in his Tax Service business....I will do secretarial work and some of the easier tax forms.   That with keeping house, cooking, and the like - I think I will be busier than ever!   It's going to be great tho' and he promises we will have a wonderful life.

God has blessed us with a loving relationship in our "golden" years -- we are so thankful to
have this opportunity.

Pat r.
Eileen Briesch
on 1/26/12 10:03 am - Evansville, IN
Pat, you know how I feel about this. Good things come to good people ... and you are the best of all people. I hope this turns out to be the best for you.

Good for you for grabbing life by the balls, so to be speak.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Pat R.
on 1/26/12 7:57 pm - Sturgis, MI
Oh Eileen - thank you so much.  You and I will always be close friends and I will continue to post once in a while on here.  I believe in paying it forward, as they say.  

God has blessed me in so many ways.

love 'ya

Pat

lightswitch
on 1/26/12 11:02 am

Oh Pat, 

I am so happy for you.  My friend met her husband online and they have been together for about twelve years.  They are two souls who were meant to be together and the internet made it possible.  I think you are old enough to know when something is right. If anything ever happens to my DH, I will never remarry, but the truth is, being alone is hard and at our age, we are easy to be victimized, so two in a house is much better than one.  Good luck and congratulations.  Be happy!!!! 

cindibarre
on 1/26/12 11:45 am - Danforth, ME
Pat-

Congrats to you and Bobby.  A happy story and it's never to late to find a life partner!

Cindi
Monica B.
on 1/26/12 8:29 pm - Emery, SD
So thrilled for you my friend. You are a special women with so much love to give and take. May each day become better and better. Both of you are lucky to have found each other. Love grows!

Patricia R.
on 1/26/12 8:44 pm - Perry, MI
 Congratulations Pat.  You deserve all the happiness life has to offer.  I hope you have many years of joy with Bobby.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 1/26/12 9:13 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Pat,

Reading your post makes me smile and I am truly happy for you, wishing you many years of happiness ahead in these your golden years!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

karen C.
on 1/26/12 10:19 pm, edited 1/26/12 10:20 pm - Kennewick, WA
Wow Pat! You give new meaning to the saying "make every minute count!" Congratulations to you and Bobby. It's wonderful that your son is supportive. Bless you both.

Karen C

Connie D.
on 1/27/12 12:38 am
Congratulations Pat and Bobby of course!!!

I can't say I am surprised as I felt this was coming. You just seemed so happy and content. I am very happy for you both!!!

Please keep in touch and let us know when the wedding will be.

Love and hugs...connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views