OT: Do you know the way to San Jose?

karen C.
on 2/9/12 12:26 am - Kennewick, WA
Well, I do but I sure didn't plan on visiting there yesterday. Due to STRONG headwinds we had to fly straight south from Seattle, sit on the ground for about an hour ADDING FUEL, and then finally heading west to Kauai.  Already long 5.5 hour flight ended up being about 7.5 hours. Mike and all of the infants (about 7!) on board were about fried. As much flying as I have done I have never had that experience. Is it the power of suggestion? He always expects something to go wrong on a plane trip, and with it it seems like it does. Finally go here, picked up the rental car, and made it to the condo, unpacked, went out for a quick dinner and came home. Condo is beautiful. I'm waiting for the sunrise. Guest book from last week  talks about coffee on the lanai, whales breeching EVERY day. Can't wait. Wireless works great!

Karen C

Karen S.
on 2/9/12 12:36 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha my friend!! I'm waving at you!! Actually it is only 6:30 and just beginning to get light outside. It is going to be a beautiful day.

So happy that you are finally safely on Kauai. It is a gorgeous island. I went on my honeymoon there (2nd husband). Very relaxed and healing.

And, yes, the whales are here big time....."whale soup" as my friend calls it. I love it when the ocean is very calm, and you see a monstrous breach and then the following gigantic SPLASH!! I am so glad that you have oceanfront so that you can experience that miracle.

Today I see my bariatric doc for 5.5 year checkup. Hopefully blood work will come out OK....and I have actually lost weight lately and am back down after regaining 25 lbs.

Have a blast.....and I'm sending you a long-armed hug across the ocean to you on your lanai.

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

Marti O.
on 2/9/12 7:11 am
My sweet Karen....how lovely to see your face....I was thinking about you as Karen C was going to Hawaii....I sure have missed seeing you.....I will give you a call one of these days....but the time change is a challenge.  Love, M

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle"

Karen S.
on 2/9/12 7:56 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha sweet sister.......I, too, have missed you. I was so happy to see you posting again in OFF. I have been MIA a lot lately, not because I don't care about the OFF sisters, just because my life has gotten busy!!

Thank you so much for the welcome. You were always one of the special "oldtimers" that that I love.

Aloha nui loa,

Maui Karen

karen C.
on 2/9/12 7:19 pm, edited 2/9/12 7:20 pm - Kennewick, WA

MK, Sure wish you were within swmming or shouting distance! Erin saw a momma teaching her baby yesterday. She was walking along the trail and watched them for a long time. We were wondering if a certain time of day is better to watch? Weather is gorgeous. Just right temp.

MEMS for Thai food last night. Great food with leftovers.

Today we'll drive along the Waimea Canyon hoping to find a couple of short and scenic hikes along the way. We'l have a picnic lunch, then return home for some beach time Dinner will be leftovers and a fresh salad.

Tomorrow will be morning at the beach, afternoon shopping or relaxing, and probably dinner at the Bull Shed. Sounds like cow! They also have chicken and fish. We'll probably buy two dinners as porions are large an a extra trip through the salad bar.

Drinks are at leaat $2.50 each so we've been having water when we get home. We have tea, lemonade, and pop here for  everyone to drink. Eating out is expensive so we're trying to do it once a day or less.

My legs really retained a lot of fluid on the way over. I've been drinking lots of water an hope that most of the swelling will be gone  today.

Back to bed to try to get some more sleep. Plan to watch whales from the lanai this morning before heading out on our drive.

Take care everyone!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 2/10/12 12:57 am
Karen...how wonderful to see you here today!! You have been missed. I always loved to hear your morning discriptions of the beauty around you while you sipped your coffee!

Love and hugs....connie d
grammylew
on 2/9/12 3:02 am - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Judy, sorry to hear about the disrupted flight, I hope the rest of the vacation makes up for it. We were stationed on Oahu for 4 years. I wish we had had the money to experience the other islands. When you live there everyone you ever knew comes to visit you! After awhile I just gave them a map of the island and the keys to the car!
Speaking of cars, my SIL's BMW is gonna cost $1600!!! Needed a fuel pump and something else. Our grandson in NC has a BMW also. From the experience of both of these guys, sounds to me BMW's break down a lot and cost a fortune to fix!
I am having a fine time here. I take our granddaughter to school. Croche****ch some TV, bake for some of the neighbors, go back and get the granddaughter. Feed her a snack, she does about 3 hours of homework, then dinner, take her to basketball practice from 7 - 9, give her another snack then off to bed. Our daughter will be in town all next week and she will drop Brooke off at school. I will just have to pick her up. Tomorrow we watch a basketball game and then work in the snack shack! Oh joy!
Our daughter only has healthy stuff in her house which is very good for me. I could go to the store and buy junk, but I absolutely will NOT! I have been here almost a week and I've lost 2 pounds already! At our house, my DH, the grandson, our son all want to eat, sugary, fatty, high carb crap! It is very hard for me to prepare and watch that and not partake! Especially since this sleeve does nothing for me!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Linda-P
on 2/9/12 5:30 am - Farmville, NC
RNY on 01/11/12
We're almost neighbors!  I have a small place at Atlantic Beach, NC.  We will have to meet up some time and say hi, how is it going.

Linda

Connie D.
on 2/10/12 12:54 am
Karen....glad you finally got there safely. What a flight!!

I know you will enjoy every moment. Knowing you you will be on the go constantly have many new adventures!!

Don't forget to wiggle your toes in the sand for me!!!

Love and hugs....connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views