hi...

Margo M.
on 2/18/12 12:53 am - Elyria, OH
i have been away for a long time and not really sure that i am back but i think i need you all.
judy g has urged me to come back...when i left it was becuz i felt that i had gotten an attitude that was not healthy to try to help any of you on your journey.God is making me face my attitudes!

so-here's the latest- i have lots to tell- never one for being short on words but today:

in december, i was dx with breast cancer. some of you know that thru fb.it sucks but i am gonna be ok.

right now i need to research the cancer boards cuz there are def some dietary challenges to having cancer AND being a gastric bypass patient!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Judy G.
on 2/18/12 2:05 am - Galion, OH

WELCOME back Margo!!!!!!!! (((Margo))) Happy that you came back to get more support from all of us here on OFF!!!! Hope you find some help with food choices to get you through this ordeal!!!

Remember...we ARE here for you!!!! Now do NOT be a stranger ok? ;-)

HUGS and PRAYERS

Eileen Briesch
on 2/18/12 2:25 am - Evansville, IN
Glad you are back, Margo. You are an important part of this board. We can be your strength and help you be a cancer warrior.  

We've missed you here ... I know I have, even though I see you on FB all the time. Stay in touch, I'm here if you need to talk, email or IM.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Linda M.
on 2/18/12 3:36 am - PA
welcome back Margo!  

Sorry to hear of the new challenges you are facing.  You've come to the right place for support!

I just returned too.  Let me know if I can help you in your research.

Linda
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel
that you, too, can become great."
 .....   MarkTwain
Patricia R.
on 2/18/12 9:50 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Linda,
Welcome back.  I am also from Pennsylvania.  Bristol, outside of Philadelphia.  What part do you live in?

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Linda M.
on 2/19/12 1:10 am - PA
Hi Margo,

Thanks!  I live in Lancaster County.

Linda
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel
that you, too, can become great."
 .....   MarkTwain
lightswitch
on 2/18/12 9:04 am

Margo,

I am so happy to see you back.  I think we all go through various attitudes as we face this life during weightloss.  I am sorry to hear that you have been dx with breast cancer; however, I am happy to see that you are are going to be okay.  Cancer is a scary diagnosis and research confirms that in conjunction with medications and radiation and diet, a positive attitude is essential.  Please stay on board and let us help you through this time. 

Patricia R.
on 2/18/12 9:51 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Margo,
Welcome back.  I hope you will stick around.  I have been on here a little less than a year, and I love this group.  You'll be in my prayers.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

karen C.
on 2/18/12 11:10 pm - Kennewick, WA
Margo, I too am glad to see you. All of the different personalities that we ARE here on this forum is what keeps it interesting. Facing a health challenge is about as big as it comes. It tests our strength and often shows us strength that we didn't know we had. I'm sending positive thougthts your way each and every day. I am seldom on Facebook but I did know about your diagnosis and have been trying to follow it. So many are facing cancer health issues. I think I read somewhere that in a woman's lifetime she has a 1 in 15 chance of having breast cancer. I don't know how one prepares for that, but it sounds like it's more of a liklihood than not. Welcome back.

Karen C

lightswitch
on 2/18/12 11:38 pm
I may be wrong, but Karen I think I read that one in six women will develop breast cancer.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views