Sunday What's New wih you?

karen C.
on 3/3/12 6:58 pm, edited 3/3/12 7:12 pm - Kennewick, WA

Good Morning,

I haven't posted in some time. Just been busy and in a good way. Lots of projects, working several days a week, trying to get some spring cleaning done. I am so itching to get out in the  yard, but we've had a lot of wind and it's just not my favorite yard working weather. Lots of things coming up and last years perennials need to be cleared out to make room for the new stuff starting to come up through  the soil.

Mike and I are involved in the first "real birthday party" for our twin grand daughters. They are having a camping theme. No camping involved. Their 4th birthday is March 16th as is their Mother's. Definitely not their mom's 4th! They live on 13 acres with a barn, machine shop, lots of trees and a little stream. Many places to explore! They will go on a nature hike with their dad and about 6 other friends about their age. Along the way there will be a few things to discover. When they get back to the house there will be a camping story told again by dad inside of a tent.

Mind you they live in Chehalis, WA. Even when it's dry somewhere else it may be raining there. If you wait to go outside til the sun shines you never would get out. So the invitations say to bring boots, umbrellas, play clothes.

If the weather cooperates there will be a bonfire with hotdogs before birthday cake and presents.  The girls each want their "own cake" which is understandable. Erin has a friend who is  taking cake decorating class. She will make the cakes.

Mike is making walking sticks for the hike. For treat bags I found some cute fabric with all kinds of bugs on it. I'm making little "cinch sacks" that are like little drawstring backpacks. They will have these for the hike and to take home goodies from the party.

For the girls the print is bright citrus green with "girl bugs" printed all over: butterflies, ladybugs mostly. The boy print is a black background with spiders, creepy crawlers, you name it it's there.

Should be quite an event and they are over the top excited. They have been to many friends' parties but this is the first year for what they consider a real party.

So that's what I've been up to. What about you? What is rocking your world this wonderful March morning? I am so excited that the days are getting longer. In passing I celebrated my 7th WLS Anniversary on Feb 16th. I will never take that date for granted, but as the years pass I find that I am out there living life so very fully that some of the details of pre surgery life have faded a bit. Many of you know my story. Those who are new I did a good job of posting progress and where I started from on my profile for at least 2 years. Feel free to check it out.

Have a good one. I got up about 2 hours ago and need to try to get some more sleep. Yesterday I stayed up at 3am. . . By 7pm last night I was done. And this is on sleep medicaiton! My daughter says I am ADHD since I have had surgery. Or is it just  that I could do NOTHING at 377 lbs except get myself to my teaching job, take care of house, kids, meals and laundry? Makes me tired to think of now. Much smaller, retired, kids grown. . . .

Karen C

Patricia R.
on 3/3/12 7:08 pm, edited 3/3/12 8:40 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning OFF Sisters,
Karen, the party sounds like a ton of fun for everyone.  Your bags sound adorable.  I am sure the kids and adults will have a blast.  My grandchildren have summer birthdays, and my daughter's property is bigger than the one she grew up on, so they always have outdoor parties.  Even the baby, when it comes, should be able to have an outdoor party.  He/she is due the beginning of May.

I woke up early this morning and can't get back to sleep.  I had a good day yesterday, except my memory is not as good as I would like.  I agreed to hep my sis-in-law babysit for friends from church, and it completely slipped my mind.  She had to text me to remind me.  Oy ve.  I felt so stupid.  I ended up being late, and leaving early.  My digestive system was acting up, and I needed to get home.  I had diarhea, and did not want to stay there.  I was there at least to help my sis-in-law with the baby, till he needed to go to bed.  He will be one year old on March 16th.  The other two kids are school age, so they don't require as much supervision.  Plus, my nephew was there to play Wii with the 7 year old son.  My nephew is special needs, so he gets along with younger guys.  Plus, Kathy, my sis-in-law brought nail polish to paint nails with the little girl.  

Today, I have church.  Then, I might be invited to dinner at a friend's from church.  She told my friend, Maria, she was going to invite us to dinner today, but I haven't heard from her, and I am the one who drives Maria to church because she can't drive.  If we don't end up going to dinner, I hope to make an AA meeting.  I made one yesterday, and it was good.  

I never did get my haircut yesterday.  I wasn't feeling well, and passed on it.  I might do that today as well.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Linda-P
on 3/3/12 10:54 pm - Farmville, NC
RNY on 01/11/12
Good Morning OFF friends,

Well the rain held off long enough to get the baseball game in last night.  It was misting just before the game and it started to rain as we were walking back to the car.  Yes, a 2-1 victory, hope they can get the game in today, and we win for a sweep.

I was looking at picture that was taken about 2 weeks pre-op and even I can see the difference.  It was a picture with 3 of my best girl friends.  We will be together in a few weeks in Vegas and I am going to get another group picture so I can post the difference.  What a difference 45 pounds makes :).

It's rainy and miserable this morning, glad I have some indoor things to do.

Prayers for everyone!

Have a great day.

One day/pound at a time.

Linda

Judy G.
on 3/3/12 10:38 pm - Galion, OH

Morning Karen and OFF family to follow...

Karen you tell such interesting things about your family life and seems like you all have a great time!! Makes me sad to know how much I missed out on with my grands while they were growing up!!!

Trish, hope you feel better soon!!

Well the weather here is chilly and some snow flurries happening today...might see 1-3 inches? Hope not!!

My oldest son and his girlfriend are stopping by today on their way back to Michigan. Not sure how long they will stay because they are on a deadline...they need to pick up her son at his dad's by 7 pm. Oh well atleast they ARE stopping by to see us!! :-) Can't wait!!!

Went to bar bingo last night. Had fun playing bingo and they had a potluck where they supplied the ham and everyone else brought a dish to pass. I brought cheesy potatoes and let me tell you they all went!!! :-) All the food was great and guess who ate way to much and got sick! Yuppers ME!!! Why don't I learn that the pouch is SMALL and can't hold a huge plate of food??? So I paid for it the rest of the night!!! Got to the jackpot game and I needed one number for seems like forever and I never got the win...pot was $340.00!!! Oh well...had a good time minus being sick from all the food!!!!

Having a problem here signing on to OH. Seems I have to put my user name and password all the time so I am not a guest...whats up with that?? Also I am having pop ups on the bottom left hand corner!! Can't remember how to make things so I can just come on here and then how to get rid of the pop ups! Any help out there??

OK need to get going and see what Bandit needs to go out for...hahaha I know what he needs to do...;-)

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGS

lightswitch
on 3/3/12 10:47 pm

Oh Karen,

Your girls' fourth birthday sounds so much like our Jacob's fourth birthday and Mathew's fourth.  We created a hunting trail that went through my daughter's backyard and over into the huge field behind.  We gave each child a sand bucket with small diging materials and giant sifters and the theme was acheology find.  As you can imagine, we hid all kinds of great things in the sand box, in the soft dirt, up in the treehouse, and all over the yard and field.  I took chicken bones from our cooked chicken and I cleaned them and then I dried them out in a low oven and once nice and dry, Kenny put a layer of shiny stuff over it so they were especially non biological and we buried those.   Then, we bought some really pretty rocks at the craft store and some shells and we buried those too.  So, all the children had their own digging space and each one, then, were assured a treasure.   By the end of the hunt, they climbed up in the very safe treehouse and found their final treasure bag filled with healthy snacks and some not so healthy and a few little toys.  While the kids dug around and explored, I drank several cups of hot coffee and the parents stood around and talked.  Every once in a while, one of the dads would rush over to assist.  Now Jacob is going on fourteen and his friends still say, remember when we hunted with your nana and found all those fossils.  Oh year, tyson chicken leg fossils.  

I am so excited for you and your girls.  

karen C.
on 3/4/12 1:13 am - Kennewick, WA
What a great idea. Maybe the theme for the 5 year mark!

Karen C

lightswitch
on 3/3/12 11:16 pm

Hello off folks,

DH spent yesterday at a workshop for his job, so I spent my day in my office at the University.  I did get a lot of work done.   I am examining some of the state education initiatives for assessment for teacher quality that answers the NCLB act.  I sort of got dragged into it because of some of the literacy projects that I've done in the poorer sectons of AR.  Anyway, I was able to get most of that done and provided some ideas to the committee.  Yeah!  

Today, I am putting together a proposal to provide technical writing to another information system.  It's one of the medical ones that provides information and billing to medical offices, phramacies, and clinics.  So, I am asking for 2000 bucks to set up their Knowledge base, which I already have the thing done, all I have to do is teach their data manager.   Yeah again.   The 2000 bucks will go in the vacation pot to take my grands to disney world.  Then in July, I am doing the AP reading and get almost 2000 for that, so Disney world, here we come.  I would rather not go there, but my grandbabies have their heart set on spending a week with mickey and minney and I can provide this vacation for them.  So, when I am dead, they can all talk about Nana and Grandad taking them to these wonderful places.  Plus, we are only flying the five AR grandkids, three of the Florida kids will meet us at the hotel.

So, today, proposal writing then maybe I'll make some bread.  We are having my version of beef bourgnaise.  I know I slaughtered the spelling.  But, it is my version so I only use one pot versus twenty.  HEHE.  

Hope you all have a good day. 

Judy G.
on 3/3/12 11:28 pm - Galion, OH

You Go Girlfriend!!!!! Make those MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS

poegirl100
on 3/3/12 11:54 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning Karen and my OFF sistas!

Sitting here waiting for my weekly phone call from Butch.  Just one more weekend after this, and then he'll be home.  Yay! 

And I have something special to look forward to this week because Mag is travelling to Austin and we're going to meet mid-week.  Austin is about a 4 hour drive from here, so I'll go over to Waco to spend the night with my daughter the day before.  I can take the puppies with me and they can stay at Carrie's house while I go to Austin the next day.  It's only about an hour and a half from Waco to Austin, so that's much more manageable for a day visit.

This time I'll try to remember to take pictures! 

Karen, love the birthday party theme!  Sounds like great fun!  I sure am missing my little Benny.

So I made those big soft gluten free pretzels yesterday afternoon. You know, they're not half bad!  They don't have that wonderful chewy texture that big pretzels made from wheat flour have, but they did taste good, especially with a little honey dijon mustard for dipping.  It's a long recipe, though, so I won't post it unless one of you specifically request it.  Just PM me and I'll be happy to send it to you. 

This morning we had a light frost, but I had moved all my new ferns and things up under the back porch, and I think they all made it just fine.  Like Karen, I'm itching to get out and play in my flowerbeds, but I know it's still just a bit too early.  Ol' Jack Frost is a sneaky *******! 

Last night I watched Hugo on DVD.  Don't know what I was expecting, but it was a very different kind of movie.  Long.  I also watched Bridesmaids yesterday afternoon.  Okay.  I know how crude girls can be when they wanna, but geez!  I guess that's just not my kind of humor.  I like intelligent humor--humor based on wit or cross purposes or happenstance.  That crude stuff leaves me cold.

I don't remember what else I rented for this weekend, but I hope it's an improvement over yesterday's selections!

Wishing all of you a wonderful and blessed Sunday!

Love you all!

Vickie 

karen C.
on 3/4/12 1:22 am - Kennewick, WA
Vickie and Mag, Have a wonderful reunion! I say reunion because it is never like meeting a stranger for the first time. Little did I know how being super morbidly obese could have a wonderful plus side beside WLS and losing weight. Lots of new friends from all over the US, Canada and even once in a while other countries! Give each other a double hug from the rest of us!

Karen C

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views