Monday...what's new?

Margo M.
on 3/11/12 9:44 pm, edited 3/11/12 9:47 pm - Elyria, OH
i'm up- treatment #3 today- where is everyone?
i can't remember the last time that i started this thread!!!!

it is beautiful out this morning! we're sposed to get rain later...
my younger son is ocming to take me to my treatment-he wants to be involved so-----i guess it's cool but it means that i have to show him where stuff is etc and i am used to the normal routine...

roxie is sticking to me more solidly than ever; she has always been my velcro dog but this is getting ridiculous!

anyhow- i need more coffee so post away!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Laureen S.
on 3/11/12 11:39 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Margo, OFFr's,

Not feeling it this morning, allergies are in full swing and make me feel miserable, took a benadryl and after a week of not sleeping well, it is making me want to put my head down on my desk and sleep and my allergy symptoms are still barely managed by it. . .  oh well, enough bellyaching, at least it's a beautiful, springlike day outside and with any luck, my allegies will start to get better soon.

At work, no big plans, AA noontime meeting, home after work and start the cleaning process since I am having a St. Patty's GTG on Saturday for some of my AA girl friends.

Took my Roxie to the dog park yesterday, she loves it there, but it was a bit crazy, lots of people, lots of dogs and they have an agility area and she was going nuts everytime a dog ran up and down it, so our trip there was a lot shorter than usual, because I am always afraid that if something happens, people will immediately say, oh it's a bad Rottweiler. . . when the truth is, Roxie is the sweetest of dogs, anyway, she is still tuckered out from the time we spent there yesterday.

Well, I hope your day goes well Margo in spite of the treatment plan and having to show your son around. . .  nice that he wants to be involved.

Wishing everyone a nice day and peace and strength to get through the heavy stuff life brings our way.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 3/11/12 11:40 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Margo,
I understand the velcro dog issue.  I've been sick lately, and my dog wants on my lap all the time.  Some dogs want to be close to the owner when the owner is sick.  They can sense it.  

My nurse just called, and she isn't coming till early afternoon.  I have to call my doctor because I have had a fever for four days, and that's not normal.  I am on an antibiotic for a sinus infection.

Other than that, I am just hanging around the apartment.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

grammylew
on 3/11/12 11:50 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin, ya'll.
Margo, good luck with your treatment. It's neat that your son wants to be involved, even if it can be a chore for you. They need to feel helpful and reassure you of their love!
I am at our son's house waiting for the bug guy. Termite inspecter was here last week, but she has some kinda weaval or something near her pantry in the garage. So this guy is gonna spray for everything. Every time the dogs go in or out the doggy door it sounds like a car door and I think it's him! Hooray, this time it is him! And within his window! The bulldog is in his kennel cause he doesn't like strangers! But he also doesn't like being left in there alone. Poor baby! I have a few errands to run when he's done, so I hope he meets his 30 minute window! (I guess it's a moot point now).
Such a gogeous day again today. I'm feeling Spring!
Our grandson in SC has a soccer game Friday night. I usually pick him up at noon on Fridays when it is a furlough weekend. Sooooo, go watch the game and drive home 4 hours in the dark? Or stay over and bring him home Sat AM. His Mom told him I'm too old to be making 2 eight pur round trips on three days. He told her I was gonna live forever and I can handle it! Gotta love that boy. Besides, he is a good driver. I have just never ridden with him at night. As long as it isn't raining I should be fine.
Gotta run.
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 3/12/12 12:23 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning, my OFF sistas!

Margo, Laureen and Trish--I hope you all three start feeling better soon! 

Just a quick pop-in to say hi this morning.  Got so much to try and finish up before my hubby gets home on Wednesday.  Not that he'll know if I accomplished everything on my to-do list or not.  It's just me.  I like to finish what I start.

Carolyn--I bought some of those Walden Farm products at the big grocery store in New Braunfels before I came home.  We don't have them here in Nacogdoches.  I'll let you know what I think.  I hope they're good.

Got to try and squeeze in a workout at Curves today.  I really, really want to drop that last half pound down into the 170's this week!  Wish me luck!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 3/12/12 1:58 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Margo and all,
    Tired this am. Forgot to change the car time after I got back from TX. We don't change times but must adjust to all who do. We just went from Mountain time to Pacific time. So now 3 hours difference from my brother on the east coast.
     Think I'll take a nap for an hour or so.   Mag    

Eileen Briesch
on 3/12/12 4:14 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Margo and my OFF family:

Margo, hope things go well with the chemo and you are not too sick from it.

It's gloomy today ... rained last night but it's warm, in the 70s. I've been lazy lately, sleeping til noon.

Not much else is going on ... back to work tonight. Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Judy G.
on 3/12/12 7:23 am - Galion, OH

Evening Margo and OFF family!

What a long day today was!! Especially being mad as hell!!! Got into it with the maintance guy and he really got me mad today! Fed up with his smart alec mouth and had a talk with my boss and clued her in on what is happening here. She said she would fire him for us if we didn't want to do it. I told her I would talk it over with Rick tonight and see what he wants to do. So had the talk and he said if he gets mouthy tomorrow he is done. Got some painting he can do and if he *****es about it he is gone!! He *****ed today and I asked him what he was being paid for? Texting??? He said no and that he KNEW he would get in trouble for the texts he gets. Seems he plays on that new phone more than works...GRRRRRR

Doing some Recerts and some are just stopping in to get theirs done without an appointment!!! Today is NOT a good day to mess with me at all.

Rain and not to bad temp wise today...57*. Looking like rain off and on all week here but getting up near 70's or so...I will take it!!!

Margo, dogs sense that when we are sick to stay close to us. My springer spaniel that I had years ago would stay near me more than ever and would even wake me when it was time for my meds in the middle of the night!! I sure do miss him!!!

Well time to get food in me...chicken and baked potatoes...green beans? Yeah why not.

Thoughts and Prayers for all that need them!!!

HUGS

Debbiejean
on 3/12/12 1:09 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Hi Margo and OFF family, Happy Monday (night)
Just bringing up the rear here, busy night at work and now it's almost time to go home. Whoooo!

Well today I had my weigh in day (and you all know how I hate that scale) but I was down 2 pounds and that is not with exercise...just plain ole' cutting down on calories. My tummy still hurts too much and I'm being a wossie. I felt good about the 2 pounds off but the little gal that weighed me said "it's amazing how some of the employee's are coming in and taking off 10 to 15 pounds!" Well crap on that one! LOL...told her it's a game people play, put on the heaviest clothes and shoes with lots of keys in the pockets and bingo! Loss weight...oh yeah and then the ones who take laxatives! Yep, all a game but who are they cheating? Themselves!

So tomorrow I'm going to try and do a nice long walk with the dogs. Wish me luck. I'll report back tomorrow my success or failure. Hang in there gang, we are all together aren't we! Hugs Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 363 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views