today is my day!

Margo M.
on 3/26/12 12:10 pm - Elyria, OH
two milestones to remember today by

eight years ago was my wls...............today was my 4th of 4 chemo treatments............

was feeling good about the lifechanging/saving events til the oncologist said that he wants me to have more chemo after my surgery before my radiation.................

now; i'm not a real deep thinker-not really sure how i am feeling tonite.........................
i can say that most days i am still happy that i had my wls even tho there truly are some foods that i miss...and i can truly say that when i was initially diagnosed with my cancer my thoughts went to "great...i had wls to live! what a waste that was"--i don't feel that way today, tho...... i know that this cancer would be worse if i was still morbidly obese.......

eight years ago i weighed in at 233# the day of surgery....today, after all of the stresses of michael's illnesses, jobs, moving, umpteen times, my cancer, etc etc i weighed 168.1 # ---that means that i have retained a loss of 64.9 # or that i have maintained a loss of 64.9% of my desired weight toward goal. i have to think that i am still successful;i have no one to blame but myself for never reaching goal......

happy surgiversary to me!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Eileen Briesch
on 3/26/12 5:00 pm - Evansville, IN
Good for you, Margo. Happy Surgiversary.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 3/27/12 2:31 am
Margo you are a star!!!! 

I am so proud of you...congrats on the chemo and Happy Surgiversary!!!

Love you much....HUGS....connie d
SandraKay
on 3/27/12 2:35 am - San Antonio, TX
Congratulations on your surgiversary! Keep up the good work, and prayers and good thoughts coming your way as you fight cancer. You are a winner!
Sandra
HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
Judy G.
on 3/27/12 9:10 am - Galion, OH

Congrats Margo!!! Sorry I am so late getting your package in the mail but I PROMISE to do it tomorrow!!! You have dobne well even if you didn't make goal! Heck I never made goal but am happier today than years ago!!! Hang in there you are almost done!!!

Hugs and Prayers

Nancy B
on 3/27/12 2:53 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Congratulations, Margo!! Never forget how well you have done. '

Do not look forward and worry about more chemo.  Just take it one day at a time.  Instead of thinking, I still have so much to go through!, say to yourself "Look at how far I have already come!"

That attitude helped me so much..after surgery, I thought, okay, now THAT part is done! After all the appointments and decisions made, it was:  OK, now we have now completed another step! After Radiation treatments were done, it was yayy..now THAT is completed.  Yesterday I saw my Radiologist and we both agreed that we never want to see eachother ever again! So THAT part is done and checked off my list.  See what I mean? Make a list and check it off, every step, as you complete each stage.  Trust me, it does help.

Worrying only depletes your energy and weakens your positive attitude.  Better to picture yourself back to perfect health instead of focusing on worrying about what COULD happen!

I'm right there with you, girlfriend!! *hugs*

Nancy B   :  }

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!