Welcoming Wednesday

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/10/12 11:52 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Everyone,

It's 15 til 7 here which means it is 15 til 11 on the east coast. Where is everyone? I've been up since 5AM.
      Having surgery on my left knee tomorrow. (The knee I had replaced in November.) I fell twice and something is torn. Very painful at times. Doctor said it should be an easy fix.
     Had my Pampered Chef cooking show. Some of the products I knew and others I was not so good. We laughed and had a good time. Lots of laughing going on. People said they really enjoyed it. One girl who usually doesn't go to or buy anything from home shows told me how much better it was to see the products in use. Have one catalog show going on right now and a cooking show on the 19th.
      Everyone have a great day.    Mag   

carlak
on 4/11/12 12:13 am - Bradenton, FL
 Hi,
I just got back from my dr appnt, I went to have my neck adjusted. I cant seem to keep it in place!!!!!
getting ready to go on a camping and conue trip this weekend with my three munkins.....
I cant wait!!!!!!!
Sorry you have to have surgery on your knee again mag. I know you will feel better again soon.
I had a job interview yesterday and am hoping for a 2nd interview soon.
I am getting to the point that if I am retired so be it. I am having fun not working!!!!!
Carla 
image hosting site

Connie D.
on 4/11/12 12:51 am
Good morning Mag and everyone....

I am just stopping by for another quick hello. Hope everyone is doing well. I will try to stop in later and see more posts.

Have a great day!!  Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
cindibarre
on 4/11/12 12:54 am - Danforth, ME
Good Morning Mag and OFF-

Mag- glad to hear that your first demo went well.  I always enjoyed my Pampered Chef products until I stopped cooking.  Sorry you have to have some surgery on the "good" knee.

I'm covering the Visitor Information Station this morning as 150 2nd graders descend upon the Refuge to learn about insects.  I brought my camera so I could take pictures.  This is the busy season for the Refuge with school field trips and birders galore descending upon us.  It will be a busy few weeks until I leave for Maine.

Went to chiropracter this morning for an adjustment.  I'm frustrated with my back.  I keep waking up in the night with hip pain and sciatica.  Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go to an orthopedist or neurologist to see what's really going on.  Just tired of waking up in the middle of the night with pain!  Also tired of the clicking sensation in my groin and knee.

Not much else is new.  Glad to see that Nan is able to pop on once in a while to communicate with us.  Nan you are in my thoughts all the time.

Positive vibes to those in need.

Cindi
SandraKay
on 4/11/12 1:20 am - San Antonio, TX
Good Morning Mag and others to follow,
I have a question for you Mag, did you have knee replacement surgery in November? If so, could you share some details. I'm having my right knee replaced May 14th and have a lot of worries, but lots of hope to eventaully be out of this pain and it's limitations.

Hope you next procedure goes well and recovery is quick.
Sandra
HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/13/12 8:38 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Sandra,

Yes, I just had my knee replaced this last November (2011) It went well. Everyone's experience is different. It's so important to do your exercises even when you don't feel like it.
     I didn't have anyone at home to help me so my doctor sent me to a rehab hospital. Worked up to 3hours of PT/OT. Some of it really was a work out but paid off. At 2 weeks I was where my surgeon expects his patients to be at 6 weeks. So glad I did it.
    Good luck on your surgery. Remind us as it gets closer so we can be praying.       Mag

Eileen Briesch
on 4/11/12 1:46 am - Evansville, IN
Hi Mag and my OFF family:

Sorry you are having problems with your left knee replacement ... been there, done that. I had a knee replacement on my right knee, then a revision on that two years later. Had to yell at ortho doc No. 2 to get him to do anything ... he sent me to No. 3 in his office, who said I needed a revision (after No. 2 said I didn't). When he got in and did the surgery, he had to take out my patellar tendon, which was damaged. I still have problems with my right knee, and now my left is bothering me. I think the left knee is more from my sciatic nerve or something.

Glad your Pampered Chef show went well ... sometime when I have more money and you are having a catalog show, give me the website and I'll look it over. Now is not that time, though.

Today is my birthday ... I'm 57 going on 80 ... that's how my body feels. My mind feels great. Just wish the rest of my body felt better. Of course, sleeping on the air mattress doesn't help. No big plans ... my cousin the appellate court judge is taking me and mom out to dinner tonight. No big presents, either. Mom gave me $10 (but then I owe her money); my unemployed brother Gary gave me a funny birthday card with a cat hacking up a furball (with sounds!). I told him he didn't have to give me anything. I have plenty of things ... don't need presents. The card is funny.

Talked with Brenda Russell yesterday ... old-timers will remember her ... she doesn't get online much. She is having back trouble and the docs want to operate ... her family doc says no. I agree with the family docs. Back surgery is a big decision. We are getting together for coffee when I go back on Sunday. It will be good to see her ... I joked it's two old ladies with their canes.

My brother Gary has an interview Thursday ... prayers, good thoughts, good vibes, swing chickens, whatever. This could be a good one ... he is psyched about it. He really needs a job. His unemployment is out, he has no insurance, he's depressed.

Well, have a good day. I'm going to watch the Sox game today. Hope they give me a birthday win.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Nancy H.
on 4/11/12 7:51 am - Traverse City, MI
Eileen, I hope you have a wonderful Birthday!
Nan
Debbiejean
on 4/11/12 8:00 am - Shelbyville, MI
Happy Birthday Eileen!
grammylew
on 4/11/12 2:44 am - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Sounds like some of you gals 'kneed' thoughts and prayers. Job interviews...good luck to everyone going through that.
Called the court at 11:30, as instructed. The recording said to call back tonight at 6:00. Monday's trial must be taking longer than expected. But it's all good.
I have been reading 'The Power' by Rhonda Byrne. Same gal that did 'The Secret'. I guess I am not thinking enough loving thoughts today. I spilled a brand new bottle of vanilla on the counter. I dropped the entire silverware basket from the dishwasher on the floor. I dropped my plate of green peppers stuffed with ricotta cheese on the rug, cheese side down! My copier didn't wanna cooperate. Apparently I am not having enough loving thoughts! Sooooooo, I am turning that around right now. Nothing but loving, posative thoughts for the rest of the day.
So my love and posativity are going out to all of you! Not just the ones on here today, but also to the old friends who don't post much lately, but I am still thinking of you!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views