morning all

Terri G.
on 7/25/12 9:18 pm - ME
Good morning I do hope all have a healthy happy day.
Terri

grammylew
on 7/25/12 9:55 pm - Jacksonville, NC
Good mornin' ya'll.
Well, today I have to wash all my favorite clothes and get packed. My DIL and I leave tomorrow morning for IN to hopefully see my brand new great grandson, DJ! They induce labor at 6 tonight. We will stay until our grandson leaves for Navy boot camp. We were talking about when our son went into the Marines. The recruiter showed up 6 hours early. Our son was at his girlfriend's and wouldn't answer the phone. I lead the recruiter over there and I think we got him out of bed. We had a little 3 car convoy going back to our house. He parked the car, went in and got his toothbrush (all he was allowed to take), and off he went!! Didn't see him again until his graduation!!
Today, absolutely nothing planned. I'll just wing it. I'm getting used to my fake nails!
Everyone have a fantabulous day!

Grammylew in Jax

Laureen S.
on 7/25/12 10:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Carolyn,

I remember when I first got tips, it was for my brothers wedding and of course, being me, I was like, ok, let's make them long, as I had never in my life been able to grow my own nails, well needless to say, it was too funny learning how to do everything and I type for a living, so that was real fun. . . but I did like how they looked and eventually learned how to use them, but even the simplest of things were hard in the first few days, buttoning buttons, picking up change that had dropped to the floor...today I keep them at a more manageable length and if they are too short I have a problem typing (lol). . .

Have a great day, a safe trip and enjoy that new baby when it gets here!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Laureen S.
on 7/25/12 10:48 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Terri, Carolyn, others to come . . .

Happy to say that I have lost 5 lbs. this past month, eating right and moving about more sure has helped and I am glad that I was able to finally get back into the 170s and now to the next small goal, 175, which will put me within 10 lbs. of where I want to be. . .and then the challenge to stay there, but it's all good, still learning about this tool and how to work it to my advantage after all this time.

Today I'm at work, after work meeting up with my friend Owen for Su****hen my AA sponsor and a few other friends will meet up at Starbucks where we will leave from to go to my AA homegroup and celebrate mine and other friends anniversaries that took place in the month of July, for those unfamiliar with the ways of AA, anniversaries, in most groups, are celebrated on the last day of the month for when that particular group meets, so like my home group meeting meets on Thursday's, which makes this the last Thursday of the month. . . one of the reasons anniversaries are celebrated are to show newcomers that this program works. . .Anyway, looking forward to seeing my friends tonight. . .

Well, that's my day and evening plans, hope all is right in your world and if you are facing challenges, I wish you all that you need to get through them with ease. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 7/26/12 12:05 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Terri and OFF,
I'm moving slowly this morning.  Had a rough night.  Not sleeping well at all.

Today, I have my volunteer work this afternoon.  Then, an AA meeting this evening.  Nothing too exciting.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 7/26/12 12:32 am, edited 7/26/12 12:33 am
Good morning Terri and everyone......

Terri....nice to see you start the thread this morning.

Carolyn....enjoy that sweet little baby.....should be arriving soon!

Laureen....congrats on the weight loss.....you are doing great!!

Trish....wishing you a better day after a rough night.

As for me.....still one foot in front of the other. I was major suicidal yesterday. I spent the day/night with my best friend. We worked through it and I feel a bit more hopeful today.

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Prayers for those in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d
Eileen Briesch
on 7/26/12 5:30 am - Evansville, IN
Connie, sorry you are having so many problems. Wish I could do something to help. Glad you have a friend there to help you through the night. Please don't do anything to yourself. We all want you here.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 7/26/12 10:05 am
Thank you Eileen....I am trying to hang on!!

Love and hugs....connie d
Debbiejean
on 7/26/12 9:11 am - Shelbyville, MI

Connie, I'm praying for you girlfriend. God is right at your side and the light will shine even brighter for you. Just wait and see. Tomorrow's another day and sometimes when we get depressed we can dig ourselves out of that big black hole that we are sitting at the bottom of.
Yea on being more hopeful today. Remain hopeful. Dang girlfriend, the sun was shineing last night at sunset, it was the most beautiful sunset with rays topping over the clouds, as the sun set down past the tree line, the prettiest purple rose.
I clapped at the end and said "Thank you God for the beautiful sunset".
My husband got me out of my chair last evening when I was hurting cuz of my adhesions. I gave him a big hug and kiss and thanked him for making me come outside to witness this spectacular sunset.

Now...I thank God that we have YOU Connie on this forum.
I'm lifting you up right now. Feel the passion and praise I have for you. God has given you many gifts and one of them is you giving others encouragement. Hang in there. Be patient, God has a bigger plan for you. Hugs Debbie

Connie D.
on 7/26/12 10:13 am
Thank you Debbie.....I am doing the best I can. Some horrible events over the weekend happened and so many old awful memories came back. I am so overwhelmed. Still in my room. Totally dark in here. I do get up to check in here now and then. My BFF is keeping a close watch over me.

I love you and all you wonderful ladies on here.

I am leaving it to GOD...he will pull me through once again.

HUGS...connie d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 369 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1168 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views