Protecting yourself from things you fear

Debbiejean
on 11/14/12 4:47 am - Shelbyville, MI

Protecting yourself from the things you fear

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 02:16 AM PST

"How much of your time and effort goes into protecting yourself from the things you fear?
And how much is spent serving your muse and your tribe and your potential?"  --Seth Godin

I see fear a lot.  Fear of pain.  Of my gym.  Of what people might think.  Of what people think of themselves.  We live in an age of fear.  The media plays on it -- so do those that want to keep us healthy.

Some fear is helpful -- fear can motivate us to change (change never happens when we're comfortable).

Too much fear is paralyzing -- and thus, the complete opposite of helpful.

The tricky thing about fear is that it needs to be acknowledged......but part two of that is being able to put it in it's place and more forward even though we are afraid.  And sometimes, I think we forget to do the second part of that.

Fear will always be with us if we are moving forward.  Moving forward is, by definition, moving into the unknown -- and that's scary.

So it's not a matter of getting rid of the fear, it's a matter of moving forward even though you're scared.
Connie D.
on 11/14/12 5:04 am

Debbie.....very well said.....thank you!

Love and hugs...connie d

Judy G.
on 11/14/12 6:43 am - Galion, OH

I agree with Connie! Very good post!!!

HUGS

jjte
on 11/20/12 9:34 pm

MY FEAR IS SOMETHING GOING WRONG !  I TRUST MY DOC HE HAS A GREAT REPUTATION, BUT I AM SO FRIGHTENED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF  IT GOING BADLY.!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1116 views