A thought for the Day/Evening

Debbiejean
on 11/14/12 8:05 am - Shelbyville, MI

A Thought for the Day...

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 02:09 AM PST

"In any given week I bet I hear the phrase, "I fell off the wagon", at least 5 times.

Makes me think the folks who are uttering it are on the wrong wagon.

If your goal is simply to do your best, there's really never any need to fall off any moving objects.

Sure, you might for various reasons make nutritionally or calorically frightening choices, but so long as you asked yourself those two ever important questions, "Is it worth it", and, "How much do I need to be happily satisfied", there can't be a wrong choice.

Sometimes your best may be a basket of chicken wings but perhaps a smaller basket than normal and one less beer, or a fancy coffee with whip just ordered less frequently, or Chinese take out minus the calorie-insane General Tsao's staple, or a bowl of ice-cream instead of a pint, or a small bag of chips rather than the giant bag, or a full-sized chocolate bar rather than a Blizzard.

What I'm getting at is that sometimes we make choices that are less than ideal, but that so long as you've made your best worst choice, you're still doing great!"  --Yoni Freedhoff

Connie D.
on 11/14/12 12:52 pm

Hello Debbie....yes I have fallen off the food wagon and can't get back up.

I will not give up!! I do make some pretty good  choices most of the time. Obviously not quite often enough. I am slowly trying to get myself back on track. I have lost my desire to do it all the time. I know falling back into old behaviors is so wrong. Wish I had more motivation. Not feeling good about myself isn't helping things. I will keep trying!!

HUGS....connie d

Judy G.
on 11/15/12 6:17 am - Galion, OH
I am with Connie...fallen and can't get back up!!! I go all day being good and then night hits...I am done for!!!!! I will eat things I DON"T like just so I have something!!! I get so mad at myself!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1166 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views