I'm first for Friday?

pineview01
on 1/3/13 9:54 pm - Davison, MI

And it isn't even because I didn't go to bed.  Well I did but, not for long.  I can't get rid of this hacky thing.  Woke up early this am and was racked with coughing and pain in the lungs.  After 15 minutes of that and thinking I was dying with pneumonia, It settled back down to just the snotty, coughing sore throat thing.  Couldn't get back to sleep

I hope everyone has a better day.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Patricia R.
on 1/3/13 10:08 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Piney,
So sorry you're not feeling well. When I get that type of cough, I have to take Mucinex and use my asthma inhaler.

I saw my podiatrist yesterday and got yelled at for putting my weight on my foot. The crutches are so hard, my upper back hurts today. Doc told me if I don't stay off my foot, he'll have to operate all over again. Argh.

Today, I'm waiting to hear from my pain doctor about a refill of my back medicine.

Must scoot.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 1/3/13 10:12 pm

Trish.....please do listen to your doctor and stay off that foot. My girlfriend had foot surgery. She didn't listen to her doctor and did end up having more surgery. Her foot hasn't been the same since!! Now she regrets not taking his advice.

Love and hugs....connie d

Connie D.
on 1/3/13 10:08 pm

Good morning PV and everyone......

I am just doing a quick check in  and then I have to finish packing for my trip.

Last night Pam and I took my granddaughter, Amanda and her boyfriend, Tyler out for dinner. They chose Mexican Village. The food there is always great. We had a really fun time!! They will be heading back to Oregon in a couple hours.

PV....don't let that hacking cough go on too long. So many people I know have ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.

Wishing everyone a great day!! I will be in touch as often as I can.

Prayers for many in need. Special prayers for my friend Pam as tomorrow is her mother's funeral.

Much love and many hugs.......connie d

poegirl100
on 1/3/13 11:41 pm - Cibolo, TX

Piney,

I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but I do have a wonderful homemade cough syrup recipe.  I have used it for years for myself and my kids.  It won't cure you of anything, but it will help your throat feel better and ease your cough.  Not sure if you believe in herbal medicines--I do, to a point.  Anyway, here is is:

1 red onion sliced into rings (must be a RED onion)

1 pint honey (local is best if you can get it)

Slice the onion and place in a non-metallic shallow dish, like a pyrex casserole dish.  Pour all the honey over the onion slices, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit overnight.  Next morning pour the honey back into the original honey container and throw away the onion.  Take 1 or 2 spoonfuls every few hours as needed to soothe cough and sore throat pain.

Hope you can kick your illness soon!

Vickie 

pineview01
on 1/4/13 12:21 pm - Davison, MI

I have never heard of this one.  I have heard the honey, whisky and lemon juice.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

poegirl100
on 1/4/13 12:32 pm - Cibolo, TX

Piney,

Red onions are an excellent source of Vit C and Vit B6.  In addition, red onions are one of the best natural sources of quercetin, a bioflavonoid that is particularly well suited for scavenging free radicals. Aside from its antioxidant properties, quercetin has been found to possess cancer fighting, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It has shown promising potential for preventing and controlling the formation of intestinal polyps, suppressing the rhinoviruses that are the underlying cause of common cold, treating psoriasis, and inhibiting the replication of viruses including the herpes simplex virus that can cause cold sores. It has also been shown to reduce the risk of stomach cancer: according to one study, half an onion a day could reduce the risk of stomach cancer by 50%.

Whiskey, on the other hand, has very little medicinal properties.  That's why honey and red onion is a better cough syrup than honey and whiskey.

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 1/4/13 1:46 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Pineview and my OFF family:

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I have used Mucinex D when I get that kind of cough ... works well. Plus, whenever I get a cold or upper respiratory infection, I start drinking Celestial Seasonings Wellness Tea with Echinacea and Zinc. Seems to lessen the duration and effects of the cold. But don't wait too long to take care of it. Also, Vicks on the chest helps loosen things up. But maybe you ought to see the doc.

Mom is home with her new caregiver. This woman appears to be a gem, according to my brother. She is constantly cleaning ... she cleaned the stove that is going out next week when the new one is delivered. When they eat, she cleans right away after they finish (nobody does that in my family ... hell, I sure don't ... I'm the family slob). Mom got home and has the runs now, so the caregiver, Marisol, is constantly cleaning her butt. Gary is happy to have the help. At least he can get out and do the other things without worrying about Mom falling again. Plus, they'll have the nurse and physical therapist coming in. Mom, of course, is worried about the cost. But it's this or a nursing home. She did sleep well last night in her own bed. So I hope she will do better at home.

I made chili yesterday ... my pots of chili never taste the same since I don't use a recipe. This one had tomatoes with chipotele and one with cilantro and lime; it was really good. A bit of a bite but not too spicy, just very flavorful. Very yummy. I'll have it again today for lunch. I was really happy I was able to stand and cut up the veggies and wasn't in too much pain ... plus I did get some boxes unpacked and things moved around in the kitchen. Took out some garbage, too, so the place doesn't look so cluttered (or at least for me). 

Anyway, back to work for me. Have a good day. Connie, have a good trip. Hope all goes well with Nic.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

pineview01
on 1/4/13 12:25 pm - Davison, MI

I bought Mucinex today but, it wasn't D.  I also bought tea but, of course it isn't the Celestial Seasonings Wellness.  I will have to go back and look for it tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views