Saturday wake up

pineview01
on 1/25/13 7:37 pm, edited 1/25/13 7:40 pm - Davison, MI

I haven't been able to sleep more than two hours at a time since getting the revision to sleeve.  So thought I'd hope in and say morning all from nippy Michigan.

Recap:

I’m 4 days post-op from the sleeve. I can say even though the surgeon had a lot to do from cleaning up from the band removal on 9/4. The surgeon that removed the band did just that. He noted all the adhesions in the surgery report but, didn’t remove them. The funny thing is I was upset when that surgeon left the center before he did my surgery. The surgeon I ended up with is a much more of a perfectionist. He cleaned everything up, than he made me a nice tight little sleeve.

I actually am having less pain and have taken less pain meds then when I got the band in or out. Do to all he had to do for the revision he sent me home with my drain in. Everybody else with virgin surgeries had theirs pull just before going home. The home care nurse came yesterday and evaluated me. We both agreed I’m a big girl and take care of myself. She answered all the questions on the care, dressing and bathing with the drain. So I will be doing it myself. Nobody is showing this fat girl.

I got in the shower after she left. Got everything new including jammies and I felt like kicking but, well I maybe not kicking butt, but I got some very light cleaning done which made me feel human.

Hope all have a Great Day.

Piney!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

poegirl100
on 1/25/13 11:56 pm - Cibolo, TX

Good morning, Piney!  And all my OFF sistas!

Good to hear from you today Piney!  Oh, those first couple of weeks post surgery are a real challenge, aren't they?  Sounds like you are handling it well.  I'm glad you liked your new surgeon and that you feel he did a great job for you. 

I am looking ahead to a long, long Saturday for me today.  Chris is working 9 to 5 and then she is staying in town for a date.  So that means I've got Benny all day long by myself, and that also means that I get to give him both doses of his eyedrops by myself.  Wish me luck!

Okay, girls, I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a cold sore.  I have never had one in my whole life!  Ugh!  Feels like there is a marble embedded in my lip.  What do you do for a cold sore?  Are they contagious?  Can I give it to Benny if I kiss him?  What kind of medicine do you use for this?

I got my new window blinds ordered yesterday.  That's a little scary to do over the internet, but this company has a "fit or fix it" guarantee.  If I made a mistake measuring, they will take the blind back and send me a new one.  I ordered 11 new blinds, so that was a lot of measuring.  They should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!  I wish my northern sistas could be here with me today.  It's just like springtime here this week.  I'm sorry for all of you dealing with the ice and snow.  You should move to Texas!

Love you all!

Vickie 

pineview01
on 1/26/13 12:35 am - Davison, MI

If we move to Texas Vicky, we would have to put up with you summers  Please don't kiss Benny.  A cold sore is a herpes virus.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

poegirl100
on 1/26/13 2:51 am - Cibolo, TX

Piney, I suppose it is all a matter of perspective.  I would rather deal with a few months of heat than the several months of cold.  Most of the time, our weather is mild and gorgeous.  I guess it's just what you're used to, but for me, I could never handle all the snow and ice and sub-zero temps!  At least, I've always felt that way until I started having hot flashes these past few months!  I may change my tune!  LOL!

Vickie 

pineview01
on 1/26/13 8:08 am - Davison, MI

My brother feels the same way!  He somewhere near Huston.  I(we) can't know his address, weird family I know.

It hit 26 here and Sunny.   It will get to 55 and rainy on Tuesday.  I rather it stay in the 20/30's with sun then have it go up and down and rain.  I get sick every time it does that.  At least the snow will be gone and the roads cleared up.  Until it drops back to the 20's and freezes up again.

Debbie A.
on 1/26/13 12:29 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Morning all!

Piney, so glad to hear your doing ok!  Those first couple of weeks are hard but at least your through the hard part. I on the other hand ate too much last night and didn't feel to well...why do I do that to myself!?!?

Vickie, for cold sores I use Herpecin L  Lip Protectant and Cold Sore Balm. I saw an add for Abreva fast healing cold sore treatment and patch, that I will try next time. It seals it off so it won't spread. Yes, they are contagious. 

Had a great day yesterday with Steve, lunch was yummy (had Thai Shrimp lettuce wraps with mango salsa), the Hobbit was a good movie but very long and then I find out it's a 3 part movie!! Yikes!

Going grocery shopping today, our Safeway is offering for every $150 you spend you get 80 cents off gas at there gas station. With 2 SUV's and a truck that's a great savings. Steve leaves town Monday on business. Michael goes back to Sac State tomorrow. Will miss them both. 

Have a great day, thoughts and prayers for all,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Patricia R.
on 1/26/13 12:50 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Piney and Gals,
Congrats on your new surgery and glad you like your new surgeon. I'm going to have to find a new one in Michigan foru annual visits since I am six years post op.

Mom and I had another run in yesterday. I got emotional about my dog and how hard it has been dealing with everything. Her reply was how she missed two doctor appointments and is being charged for them. I told her I just needed a shoulder to cry on. So she asks where I was during one of her really bad depressions. She asked me about going to my daughter when I needed emotional support. I told her emphatically that I would never go to one of my kids at a time like that. As their Mom it was my job to comfort them, not the other way around.

Today, she's on her high horse about women in combat. She's absolutely crazy.

Right now, Mom and Eileen went grocery shopping. Utley and I have the house to ourselves. I'm watching TV and gonna crochet in a bit.

Hugs and love,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

pineview01
on 1/26/13 2:40 am - Davison, MI

Trish with you having a RNY and being right between Flint and Lansing, you will have Many to chose from.  I'm not sure if Lansing had the center when you left or not.  Than McLaren in Flint started on to give Hurley a run for her money.

Judy G.
on 1/26/13 12:56 am - Galion, OH

Morning OFF family....

Well my day sure didn't start off good for one thing...5am phone rang...tenant called saying she is hearing an alarm going off...we threw some clothes on and our shoes ran out the door heard an alarm but not one of ours...I went over to the other side just incase...nothing. Came home took my clothes off went back to bed. Just got back to sleep good alarm goes off to get up and opn the club houses and laundry rooms! Now why didn't I do that while I was out there at 5? Sighs. So I get clothes on once again and go freeze. Come back home and took shoes off and lay on couch tried to sleep some more. Just start to doze off...DING-DONG someone is at the door!! I get up and its one of the tenants. He is telling me for the last couple days now he has been smellng sewer in his apartment. Great. Told him I would let Rick know. OK. Told Rick. He turns over goes back to sleep! This guy smells it last couple days and waits til SATURDAY????????? WTH???????? So not sure what Rick is going to do today.

Last night the plow guy comes to clean the parking lots. Good job! Oh wait!!! He covered the sidewalk again over by the clubhouse. Now how can the tenants get to the laundry room and mailbox???? DUH???????????? Rick calls him and lets him know he has to come back and clean it out. So far its still full of snow piled high. Can't wait for the calls to start on this one!!

So other than that its been just peachy around here. Need to go to the store for a few things. Menards has a sale with 11% off everything in the store. Today is last day for that. Office Max has copy paper on sale also which I need a case of that.

Pineview CONGRATS on your new surgery!!! Hope this one works well for you!!

Vic...keep that cold sore AWAY from Benny!!!! What the others told you is good. And it is HERPE's and CONTAGIOUS!!

CR****s can't remember who else posted...sighs.

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

poegirl100
on 1/26/13 1:32 am - Cibolo, TX

Thanks everyone!  I googled cold sores and read up on them.  I'll have to get to the store and get some medicine for it today.  And, no, I haven't kissed Benny.  I'll be sure he doesn't drink from my glass for the next few days, too.

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views