Happy Dance!

Kathie L.
on 3/22/13 1:52 am - Castaic, CA

A very good morning and Happy Spring to all. It's been a long time since I've posted but I read OH every day as part of my inspirational readings. I want to provide an update on my situation with the hope to inspire others.

Six years ago I was in tremendous pain and needed a hip replacement. I couldn't walk without a cane and my weight continued to climb without exercise. I decided a plan to regain my life: 1) gain 25 lbs. to qualify for WLS; 2) have WLS; 3) have a hip replacement. My plan worked better than I ever dreamed and today I am maintaining my desired weight for over 5 years! Yippee! This is not to say that I don't exercise each and every day, watch what I eat, and follow the rules I was given in my pre-surgery class.

I'm now 61 years old but feel 40. I walk each day at 6:00 am no matter what because I can with gratitude. But that is not the great news why I'm writing today. At the end of this year I plan to retire to begin a new phase of my life. I've always dreamed of retiring to the coast but that dream has always seemed out of reach because of the expense. But I've developed a plan there as well and now have my little beach home in escrow.

My retirement plans are: 1) take long walk on beach each morning; 2) ride bikes on bike paths through dunes; 3) fly kites in the afternoon; 3) watch the sunset in the evening; 4) enjoy new recipes out of the Hungry Girl cookbooks.

Before this journey of my WLS I went to work, climbed the stairs to my bedroom only once a day at home because of the pain, and then went to work again. WOW..... there is life after obesity and pain. I'm grateful to all of you out there who gave me hope when I had none. I remember gazing at the before/after photos on this website while I awaited WLS, hoping I would be one of those people who achieved success. THANK YOU all for making this journey possible. I am forever grateful to my OH friends who post and share their journey on this road of happy destiny.

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Connie D.
on 3/22/13 3:55 am

Hello Kathie...nice to see you again...it has been a while.

I am so happy for you that your dreams have come true! Enjoy every single moment of your new and happy life in California!!

I too am trying to grab hold of my weight regain and throw it out the window! I have not been able to exercise in most all the winter. I believe that is what the weight gain is about. That and too much grazing especially at night! I really hope I can get ahold of this and get back to my lower weight when I felt so good!

Love and hugs....connie d

spicermom
on 10/24/13 4:12 pm - Canyon Country, CA

Hi Kathie, OMG it has been too long. I am so happy to hear about your new adventures.

You have always been my inspiration throughout my weight loss journey and still are.

I have been going thru a very difficult life change this past year and whenever I said I was to tired or too

depressed to go for a walk I thought of you and went walking!!! It kept me going in more ways than one!!

Best wishes always, Lorrie

BSW 365 / SW 340 / GW 199 OR LESS!!            
Kathie L.
on 10/24/13 9:47 pm - Castaic, CA

Hi Lorrie,

Thank you so much. I really don't write on OH very often but it is always part of my life. What a surprise when someone answered an old post since I haven't written for so long.

Thank you for your kindness. Life is a journey and one to be enjoyed. I've always been goal oriented and try to concentrate on the journey not the destination. This helps me enjoy the moment more no matter what.

Big hugs to you and good thoughts to the Universe filled with love.

Kathie

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views