Sunday morning in Michigan

Jo W.
on 4/20/13 9:10 pm - Owosso, MI

Good Morning OFF friends

Just got all caught up with everyone after being up the other side of the state taking care of Stepdad,    He seems better last couple of days   I am tired and glad to be home.   The ugly demon dementia again.   Sundowners makes him afraid to be alone at night and of course he just loved coming out to the motorhome for his meals!    A church offered a parking spot right next to Teds apt complex.   Bless them!

Siatica or how ever its spelled is kicking up real good or real bad depending on how you look at it.  As we all know pain isnt fun! 

Prayers going out from our house to all who need them.    Gonna go get the heating pad out again! 

have  great Sunday friends

ksponaugle
on 4/20/13 9:55 pm - WV

Good Morning OFF Ladies!

Jo, Sorry to hear about your Stepdad.  Dementia can be a very difficult thing to deal with. I can also sympathize with you on the siaticia.  I have had bouts with and I know it is not fun.  Luckily I have a great chiropractor who takes very good care of me when that happens.

As for me , we are getting ready for early church service, sunday school, then of to the store for a few things before meeting a group of church family at a local restaurant for lunch.  We always pre-plan our eating out checking MyitnessPal before going to see what we can have.  Planning on splitting a steak today with some steamed veggies and a salad. Unfortunately I have reports to write today (7) but can't finish them until tomorrow whn I complete classroom observations. I hate it when you are trying to help someone and they give you more than you can handle then expect it the next day, but I agreed to do this and I do like working with the kids,just hate the report writing.  Well I'm off for now, hope everyone has a great day.  Hugs and prayers to all who are in need.                      Karen

poegirl100
on 4/21/13 12:38 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Jo and Karen and all my OFF sistas!

Happy Sunday to everyone today.  Oh, it is beautiful here.  I just love this time of year.  Cool mornings, warm/hot afternoons, lots of sunshine, flowers blooming, hummers buzzing the feeders.  It's SPRING!

Not sure what is planned for today.  Something outdoors, that's for sure.  Might go buy more sod and get another few rows done in the backyard.  Work on Butch's raised garden beds maybe.  Or we might take the boat out on the lake.  I absolutely LOVE having my husband home full time!  We are just enjoying our days together so much.  Doesn't really matter what we do.  We have fun doing it together.

I really need to clean my house, but have no motivation or desire to do it.  I really need to sit down and have a reckoning with my checkbook, too.  Again, no motivation to do it.  I just feel like I'm drifting through my days with no responsibilities or obligations--which is, of course, absolutely not true, but I'm going to enjoy it until reality bites me on the butt!

In the meantime, I hope everyone is feeling well, sleeping well, and having a grand day today.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Patricia R.
on 4/21/13 2:55 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Jo and OFF Family,

I just got home from church, and other doings.  I have another sinus infection, or maybe the same one over again.  Went to the urgent care place around the corner, and got an Rx.  Stopped at the grocery store for a few items, and then Rite Aid for the Rx.  

I have some cleaning and organizing to do in both bedrooms, and then, might walk Utley.  Depends on the temperature.  Spring has been eluding us here.  A nice day here and there, followed by days of rain, and even snow flurries.  Yuck.

Must get moving.

Love and prayers,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 4/21/13 4:32 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Jo and my OFF family:

It's a nice day here, too. Not much going on. I need to get in the shower and think about lunch and work. Slept well, although I am in pain this morning (knees). I understand about sciatica, Jo. I had serious issues until I had the nerve ablation last August. It has made a big difference. Sorry about your stepdad. Although mom doesn't have dementia, she has some issues with her memory and cognition ... she can't remember words and struggles to get sentences out at times. This morning I was talking to her, and she couldn't get the words out ... I could just see her struggling and I couldn't imagine what she was trying to say ... I gave her a couple of words to fill in the blanks and we finally came up with dehumidifier ("That's it!"). It took awhile to get that out, however. 

Well, need to get in the shower. Take care, friends.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Judy G.
on 4/21/13 4:50 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family!!! Just gor back from a ride to a town called Tallmadge here in Ohio. Bought Rick his step bars for his truck. He has been drooling over them long enough and he has been working hard and I finally gave in and let him have them! So he is one HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY guy right now!!!!!!!!! :-) All he has to do now is put them on and all will be shinny Iam sure...yeah they are chrome!!! Just his style!!!!

Making some potato salad to go with hot dogs today for supper. Have to leave the bean soup alone for awhile...lol it was BAD last night if you get me drift...;-)

Plans in the works for a tennant BBQ for Memorial day here. Hopefully mother nature will be nice and give us a warm day for it with no rain!!!!!! Please?????

My 3 pm appointment never showed up yesterday nor did she call...GRRRRR hate when they do that on my day off!!!!!!!

Tomorrow we get our new tractor delivered!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! We can't wait!!! Supposed to be nice so Rick is really excited because he can use it right away!!! LOL

Well taters are done so best get them cooled and need to cook the eggs now and cut up the veggies to go in the salad also...watching the race and its been pretty exciting today for a change!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 4/21/13 5:33 am

Good afternoon Jo and everyone......

Jo....sorry to hear about your stepdad. I wish you all the very best.

I am just checking in quickly. Grace and Nic had to go with their dad for a little while. His mother ...as always ...just pops into town from Kansas with no notice and everyone has to drop everything and go to her. Excuse me but she is the world's most self centered person I have ever know. She loves herself so much no one else needs too. Grace did not want to go. She wanted to stay with me. We had to talk her into going. I am not happy about it because this was to be my day with the kids. Grace will be in school everyday and at soccer or soccer practice most evenings. Nic works every day until late. We have planned this for weeks!! I would love to tell her what I think but won't!! I did get to spend some time with my daughter and that was nice. My DIL is working today too. Guess we will just take it as it comes!! The trip down was very hard. I had to stop many times and get out and walk around. Lots of pain and couldn't take meds and drive. Just being here is so worth the pain. Gracie is pretty much stuck to my hip most times...LOL. Had lots of fun last night with everyone too! 

Have a wonderful day!! I will check in as I can. 

Prayers for many in need.

Love and hugs to all.......connie d

Judy G.
on 4/21/13 7:12 am - Galion, OH

Connie that just plain SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think she did that on purpose? I bet she did!!!!!! So sorry that it had to happen to you and the kids!!! One day she WILL get hers!!! Trust me!!! How long will you be there with them? Maybe you can stay a little longer to make up for this?

HUGSSSSSSSSSS

Connie D.
on 4/21/13 8:43 am
No one likes her...I just blow her off!!! I am helping Grace with homework. Nic is at work. Jamie us making dinner. I have to leave on Thursday. I have an appointment I have to get back to on Friday. Thursday night I am spending the night at my daughters in MN
So she can highlight my hair. Jamie cuts my hair and Carrie colors it. Saves me lots of money! Hugs!!"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 362 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1161 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1167 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1107 views