Wow,,its been a LONG time since I was on here!!

Musicmama88
on 4/27/13 5:52 am - Danville, IN

But I have been struggling with a gain of 30 pounds and finally decided to go back to where I started,...right here!! I remember when I was researching the surgery that I spent hours on this site and this forum and maintained the motivation that I needed to take that big step! So, here I am,,back to the basics.

Was so good to read through some of the posts and see some old friends still posting! That encouraged me too!

Im in great health but this weight gain is depressing me to the point that I found myself feeling the same feelings I felt that led me to the surgery in the first place. Finally, in desperation I decided to come right back here/

Back to protein firs****er, and even a shake now an d then till the cravings are gone and the energy returns. Have had some issues with low vitamin D and B12, but getting better.

So, Ill be posting now and then, trying to get back into the groove of losing.

Thanks for keeping the light on for folks like us!

Blessings

Betsy 

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Patricia R.
on 4/27/13 12:43 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Betsy,

I believe I remember you.  I totally understand regain.  I was stuck with it for a few years, and it was not fun.  Right now I've reached a plateau in my weight loss where I've lost the regain weight, but have never reached goal.  

I haven't gone back to my correct weight loss surgery food plan, or exercise regimen.  But, I am close.  I had gone back to sugar a year and half post-op, and was bingeing insanely on it, in spite of the dumping.  Now, I nibble on the sugar, which is weaning in my world.  My goal is to be sugar free by August, after my three grandchildren's birthdays.  

I also need to get back to more exercise.  I need to join the YMCA, and get into some water aerobics classes and to use the elliptical.  I need to use low impact exercise, because I've broken my foot twice.  

You can do it.  We are here for you, and we love you.  You're our Sister in this journey.  I am glad you're back.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

annette R.
on 4/27/13 9:17 pm - ithaca, NY

Betsy,

You know this group is always on hand to help. People come and go but the spirit is always the same.

Annette

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Judy G.
on 4/27/13 10:36 pm - Galion, OH

HI Betsy!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!! I am also needing to get my 30 lbs off that found me again!!! GRRRR So you keep coming back here and we can do it together!!!

HUGS

Laureen S.
on 4/28/13 9:11 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Betsy, I remember you and I can relate to the 30 lbs. . .  I am working on losing 20, as the first 10 I could live with. . .so welcome back and you are not alone. . .  you can do it or at the least stop it from increasing. . .  don't let it get you down, as you've come so far and you can get a handle on it again.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Eileen Briesch
on 4/28/13 9:27 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Betsy; I remember you! I have had a bigger regain than you (80 pounds ... can it be that much!) and wanted to try a weight management program through the local hospital's bariatric center, but couldn't afford it. I'm trying again to do it on my own. The main thing is no sugar. I have been horrible with sweets. ... too much at work. Hopefully, that will make a difference. If not, I'll try a plan B. I have to stop this. 

Good to see you again.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Musicmama88
on 5/2/13 12:34 am - Danville, IN

Thanks for the encouraging words! I remember you all,,and am glad to know you all can relate,,howbeit not glad that we have regained.

Hubby and I are both doing the South Beach plan again,,he does well on that and so do I, and its protein first, then veggies and good carbs. I just need to get off my duff and get moving,,WHY IS THAT SO HARD??

I have three closets of clothes that I can almost wear,,,thats depressing. I watch the Biggest Loser and think,,and all I have to lose is 30 pounds!! Why cant I do it!

So, its back to the basics. I was doing great the day I wrote on here,,and dontcha know that day of all days my daughter carried me in a Blizzard from Dairy Queen! I NEVER eat those,,but couldnt hurt her feelings. And I was off and running again,,pizza and chocolate cookies. Ugh.

So far the last couple of days have been pretty good. Gonna try harder this time..I CAN DO THIS! Some days I feel like the 335 pound wpman I was before,,but I have kept off over a hundred pounds so I am still a success. This can be done...

So,,so far today I am a success...gonna cook chicken on the grill and have salad for dinner...protein shake for lunch. Onward and downward! :)

Hope you all have a blessed day!!

Betsy

"For I know the plans I have for you ," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1115 views