Four years out today

Jani
on 7/16/13 9:21 pm - Interlochen, MI

I can't believe it's been four years now, and I'm doing pretty good.  I weighed myself this morning and have gained a total of 10#  since my RNY low point.  I'm going to try to do the five day pouch test in two weeks to make sure everything is still good.  Not sure if I can stomach the body fortress protein drink that I used to love, but will try.  I should be able to do anything for just five days!  I WILL NOT GAIN ANY MORE WEIGHT!  It hasn't been easy, but I've been lucky.  Absolutely no complications whatsoever.  Not with the surgery, recovery, eating habits, plastic surgery (tummy) or anything.  I've been very blessed.  I consider myself one of the very blessed post surgery patients.  I wish everyone could have the results I've experienced.  Best wishes to all of my OH friends out there.  I don't frequent this site anymore, but have retained many of you as friends on FB and cherish the friendships I've made through WLS.  There is an understanding and acceptance from people on this site that only comes from experience.  Thank you all.  Jan

It is what it is.
If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it...

Patricia R.
on 7/16/13 9:30 pm - Perry, MI

Happy Surgiversary.  Sounds like you're doing great.  Keep up the great work.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kathie L.
on 7/17/13 1:42 am - Castaic, CA

Congratulations! Awesome job!!!!

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Connie D.
on 7/17/13 3:10 am

Happy Surgiversary Jan!!! Congratulations on maintaining so well...you have done an awesome job!!!

Very nice to see your post here today. We have missed you on OFF!! See you on Facebook later today.

Love and hugs....connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 7/17/13 4:42 am - Evansville, IN

Congrats on your progress. I too am dealing with weight gain, although a lot more than you (and I'm nine years out). I'm working on MyFitnessPal and have lost 11 pounds so far (haven't weight myself this week, forgot and then had my back procedure and they give you saline in IV, so I'm waiting until I can get rid of that in my body first). I've been doing two protein drinks a day and one regular meal so I can get my body back in gear. It's been not as hard as I thought. Plus, I get my protein drinks paid for my insurance (see banner ad on the bottom). 

Good luck to you, and good to see you back here! Congrats on your progress!

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!