We can come home again.

Nancy H.
on 7/18/13 3:35 am - Traverse City, MI

Karen, I have missed you so much! Wow you are really getting the grand children. Morgan is still with us, Hospice is now a part of her life. She is also in a wheelchair as she is paralyzed . The tumor is from her hips to her brain. She still has a great attitude. 

I am going back for more radiation on my brain. Not sure it will do any good, but will make my Dh & Dr. Happy. Not the trilogy though. Twice was more than enough. Hope all is good with every one else. Annette you are always in my prayers, as is Nancy B.

Love you all, Na

annette R.
on 7/18/13 8:34 am - ithaca, NY

NaN,

I am sorry to hear about Morgan's paralysis but glad she still has a good attitude. Bless her!

Go ahead and try the radiation. I know these treatment are difficult and exhausting. If it makes DH happy - go for it.  

Annette     Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting           

Eileen Briesch
on 7/18/13 11:30 am - Evansville, IN

Sorry to hear about Morgan's paralysis. I guess I missed that this morning. Hope the radiation helps you somehow. You are in my thoughts, Nan.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Judy G.
on 7/18/13 12:02 pm - Galion, OH

Nan, my heart is breaking reading this tonight!! Many more prayers are being said for Morgan and your family!! Its sad that she has to go through this at her age as so do many more.

GOD Bless you all!!!

HUGSSSSSSS

Cindy P.
on 7/18/13 1:00 pm

Nan, I am so sorry about Morgan's paralysis and her prognosis. 

We had Hospice for my mom.  They were just wonderful.  Compassionate and caring and they made sure they kept her comfortable.  I will never forget the care they gave her.  I am glad that they can be there for Morgan and your family.

Prayers for you and for your family too.

CIndy P.

carlak
on 7/18/13 1:30 pm - Bradenton, FL

Nan,

My heart goes out to you and Morgan. Carl and I are back in Chicago. I ended up going to the Emergency Room on Tuesday night getting an Iv if antibiotics and prescriptions. for a infection in my thigh. 

We r going on Saturday. 

I drive back to Chicago on August 20 for a week. I might go to Denver for a few days after that.

Carla

image hosting site

Eileen Briesch
on 7/18/13 3:54 am - Evansville, IN

Karen, it is so good to hear from you. Wish I had your energy. I'm happy I can just get moving in the morning and get to work. Although after the back procedure the other day, I felt the best I have in many months. Good drugs. 

I still remember meeting you on the bus in Dallas ... what a beautiful smile you have. 

Hope you get the relief from the meds ... and the surgery helps your toe. I have had two knees replaced now; the right one is still not good. I hope I don't have any other surgery. 

I am happy to be working daily in the newspaper business, despite sometimes I'm dragging and hurting. But I enjoy my job and most of my coworkers. I've gotten myself back in gear with my weight and have started losing again. It's hard for me to exercise but I limp down the hall at work anyway. 

Sounds like your family is growing and keeps you busy. 

Well, keep in touch. We miss you.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Karen S.
on 7/18/13 5:17 am - Wailuku, HI
Aloha my friend, and I feel happy to see you posting today. I, too, am MIA a lot lately, but do try to come in and hear about my sisters' lives.

You know, when you were here on Maui, I did NOT see the ADD behavior that you describe. You just seemed happy and open...and I loved that. Ironically, my first son had a hyperactive condition just as you describe. Against our better feelings, we accepted that diagnosis from the doctor, and they put him on Ritalin. As you say, it is a stimulant, but for some amazing reason in hyper people it has the opposite effect. Our son's behavior changed overnight!! He could focus, and sit still for a project rather than dancing around the room knocking over other kids' projects. Today he is a computer genius, photographer and basically a good guy.

So sorry about your Maggie. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. I lost my dog, Lady, who grew up with me in Oregon when I was 15. I thought I would die.
She was my shadow! I have never been able to have a dog since....I have cats. Ha. They let me know who is boss....and it isn't me!!!

Things here are good. I'm still screening newborn babies' hearing just two days a week, which is fine to me. I get called in other days, too, and that's fine too.

So great to see you, and I'm going to try to be more present in here ,too.

Have a wonderful trip in September, and congratulations on the little ones coming into your life. I know what you mean about being exhausted though. My 3 in Santa Cruz can run me ragged in no time...Ha.. At least you have lots of energy to keep up with them. Please take care of yourself.

With much aloha,

Karen

Cindy P.
on 7/18/13 8:17 am

Hi, Karen!  It's great to see you on OFF today.

I saw on f/b that you were in Newport earlier this month.  So glad you had a great time. 

We've been keeping busy with life too.  It seems like all we do is juggle appointments these days.  Ron has been having a heck of a time with migraines.  They seem to be getting worse (much more frequent).  Since his heart attack last August, he can no longer take the one med that was fairly effective.  The meds he's on now only marginally treat the pain.  Tomorrow, he gets his second set of Botox injections for the treatment of migraines.  The dr. said it would take a couple doses (3 months apart) to see whether or not it would be an effective treatment for Ron.  We've got our fingers crossed.

Ron's mom is hanging in there.  Her physical complaints have increased over a year ago.  We visit her every week and she loves to see our dog, Logan.  In fact, we could probably just open the door to her apartment and let him in and she'd be totally satisfied. 

Sorry about your Maggie.  It hurts so much when we lose our beloved pets.  Logan is our first animal in many years because after we lost our other dog, we couldn't bear the thought of going through it again.  I think, now, though that we missed out on so much love during those years.  We each have to go at our own pace though.  And, what's right for one person isn't necessarily right for another.  Your heart will tell you what to do.

Congratulations on your new grandson and on your newest family member yet to be born.  It's hard to fathom that our grandchildren are growing so fast.  Ours are 7 (Joshua), 5 next Sunday (Alana), and a bit over 2 (John and Grace).  We need to make a trip to see them.  We Skype in between visits and that helps bridge the gap a bit.

Take care.  Say hello to Mike.

Cindy P.

carlak
on 7/18/13 1:31 pm - Bradenton, FL

karen it was great hearing from you! 

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views