Thursday already!

cindibarre
on 7/24/13 10:31 pm - Danforth, ME

Good Morning OFF-

Very cool here in Maine this morning.  Did not want to come out from under the covers this morning when I first woke up.  Presently sitting here with my furbaby, Sylvester snuggling in the recliner.  Had to close some windows.

I am frustrated with eating this morning.  I have been faithfully doing two protein shakes a day and one meal for seven days and the scales are not moving.  I am trying hard to lose the regain and get back to losing overall.  I upped my yoga routine to one hour and I'm working up my recumbent elliptical to an hour hoping that will help.

Windy today so I'll be worrying about the leaning trees which have not been cut down yet.  So many trees damaged by last weeks storm.  Oh well, that's why we have insurance to protect our houses.  Hope I don't have to file a claim.

Not much else is new in Maine.  I've finished sorting through the pictures for the refuge book.  I'll be sending them off to the selection team over the weekend or early next week.

Hope everyone is trying to enjoy their summer.  It's hard to believe that next week starts August.  Positive thoughts to all of you who need them.

Cindi

poegirl100
on 7/25/13 12:22 am - Cibolo, TX

Morning Cindi and my OFF sistas!

Cindi, kudos on getting through all those photos!  Also on your exercise and diet!  Just keep going.  It will pay off soon.  Hope the cool weather is refreshing.  It's anything but cool here this week.  Triple digits all week long.

I've been taking baby aspirin daily (along with an acid blocker) for the past few months.  My surgeon okayed it, and my PCP was really pushing for me to do the aspirin.  Well, I've been covered in all sorts of colorful bruises--I always did bruise easily anyway--and I look like I've been in a fight all the time.  But yesterday I had the tiniest little scratch and it would NOT quit bleeding!  Oh, it upset Benny something awful.  "Mimi need medicine!"  I would get the bleeding stopped and then a few minutes later I would look at my leg and blood would be running down my calf again.  I think my blood is thin enough!  I'm wondering if I should cut back to a baby aspirin every other day?

(If I get a big cut, I might bleed out!)

The blue funk is threatening again today.  Neither Chris nor I are getting much sleep this week, and I think that's contributing to it.  Plus my house is a mess and so am I.  Haven't had much chance to shower (about every other day) and I haven't had on a bit of makeup since before Butch left.  I feel grubby!  What I wouldn't give for a long soak in bubbles and a bit of pampering.

Butch is doing okay now that he's on the rig.  He says it's hotter here than over in Saudi.  Now THAT'S remarkable.  Usually, it's around 120 F over there at this time of year. 

Well, my 15 minutes are up!  Here comes the wee fiend!  Love you all!

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 7/25/13 4:29 am - Evansville, IN

I'm surprised your PCP would have you on baby aspirin, Vickie. I'm told not to take any anti-inflammatories. Or did you have the sleeve? Can't remember. I know things are different for the sleeve.

I'm having problems sleeping, too. Left knee has been swollen and has been bothering me. As for makeup, I never wear any so that wouldn't bother me. On my days off, sometimes I don't get out of my jammies. 

Well, got to get into the shower and get ready for work soon. Need to stop off at the Verizon store and figure out why this phone isn't operating right.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 7/25/13 5:27 am - Cibolo, TX

Eileen,

It's because I had a TIA a few years ago, before I had WLS.  (TIA is one of those mini-strokes.)  The regular doctors just can't get past that fact.  I finally asked Dr. Garth if I could take the baby aspirin and he said a cautionary yes.  But I'm not liking all the bruising and bleeding.  I may not stick with it.

As far as sleeping goes, I took myself off the Tylenol PM to alleviate the RLS (which worked, btw) and even though I can fall asleep, I can't stay asleep!  Argh!  Plus Benny is up and down, the dogs are up and down, the neighbors next door are very loud this week, etc.  It's very restless in here at night.

Vickie 

Eileen Briesch
on 7/25/13 7:09 am - Evansville, IN

Oh, OK, I understand. Didn't know about the TIA (I know what they are; we thought maybe Mom had had them when she fell because she couldn't remember falling). I know as we age, we are more likely to bruise because our skin is thinner. I get what's known as blood spots. I can just brush against a box or something and it'll pop up and start bleeding sometimes. And all the docs tell me is get off the blood thinners. Well, I'm not on any. Nor do I take NSAIDs. So I just figure it's a process of aging. Last week, when I had an IV for my back procedure, I had a big ol' bruise from the IV, the tape when it came off, everything. It's just fading now.

I have been having night sweats something fierce for the past couple of months. I go to bed with an ice pack. I have a sleep study scheduled for next month.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

cindibarre
on 7/25/13 9:14 am - Danforth, ME

Vickie-

I'm always bruising now that I take baby aspirin and vitamin E.  I use Arnica gel and that helps the bruises fade quicker.  Given your history of TIA I would continue taking the Aspirin or ask if they can put you some something like Plavix.  Use the bleeding as a way to teach Benny first aid.  Let him apply the pressure and get you the band aids!  Or your plan about cutting back sounds sensible.

Cindi

poegirl100
on 7/25/13 10:41 am - Cibolo, TX

So what is Arnica gel and where do you get it?  Is it with the ointments like Ben Gay or with the ointments like Neosporin?  My arms are black and blue these days!

Vickie 

cindibarre
on 7/25/13 10:50 am - Danforth, ME

Health food store or a Vitamin Shop.  It's a gel and you apply to bruise.  Maybe a super HEB.

Eileen Briesch
on 7/25/13 9:52 am - Evansville, IN

Vickie:

I just saw this stuff on FB and wondered if you tried it: It's called Chike and they make an iced coffee version. It's a mix, has 20g protein, 2g sugar, 130 calories. You can get it at Amazon. You mix it in water or milk. I've never tried it, but seems a lot of people like it. Just a thought. I had forgotten about this. There's also something called Big Train Fit Frappe, comes in a container and you mix it yourself. Makes like a frappacino. I know some places around here that make it (Donut Bank, which I try to avoid ... too many goodies). I'm sure you can get that on Amazon too, or Netrition.

Just trying to solve your breakfast protein drink needs. Although I liked the Atkins cafe caramel drinks ... not as many protein grams as I would like but they were tasty.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 7/25/13 10:40 am - Cibolo, TX

Thanks, Eileen.  I'll look it up.

Vickie 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!