Holy Cow Almost Noon on Sunday

cindibarre
on 7/28/13 1:20 am - Danforth, ME

OFF-

No one has started the thread so I guess I'll start. 

Sunny here in Maine today.  Think I'll try the kayak today or I will just sell the damn thing.  I had planned to kayak with my friend this summer but she sold her camp.

Having a triple critical biorhythm period this weekend.  Yesterday I dumped a pitcher of hummingbird food in the frig.  Then I started the toaster oven with a plastic bowl on top.  No more bowl and toaster oven has a nice red ring motif!  Then this morning I was blending my protein shake and it dumped over onto the counter.  Maybe I shouldn't try kayaking today.

Was able to get into some jeans yesterday that had gotten really tight.  Trying to hold onto that plus factor even though the scale hasn't moved.  Still fighting the blue funk along with the rest of you.

Anyway, not much else new here in Maine.  If I post tomorrow you'll know that I didn't drown.

Positive thoughts to all of you battling various things.

Cindi

Eileen Briesch
on 7/28/13 2:17 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Cindi and my OFF family to follow:

I didn't sleep much last night ... don't know why. Had night sweats, the itchies and just restlessness. Finally dozed off for about two hours about 6 a.m.  Got up about 8 a.m. or so and got out of bed. Had my protein drink ... now I have a pot of coffee. Weighed my self and I've gained, even though I've been watching my intake. Aargh! Don't know what I'm doing wrong now. 

It's sunny and coolish here .. 71. My friend Rox in Wisconsin says it's in the 50s up there. Her hubby just had hip replacement surgery. She's a nurse, so she's being Nurse Roxie at home now. Fortunately, she has two teenage children to help, too. She had her kids late. 

I'm out of sorts, too, in that blue funk. Not going to explain ... same ol' , same ol'. 

Hope you don't drown out there, Cindi. Take care out in the kayak. Do you do river kayaking or sea kayaking? My friend Rox and her family are river kayakers.

Have a good day.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Jo W.
on 7/28/13 2:30 am - Owosso, MI

Afternoon Off friends.  

Cindi  I was on earlier, to post  but was MUCH earlier!   twas 430am and my brain didnt want to function so I just shut if off.    Been a busxy weekend here at my brother in laws  with a baby shower for a precious new family member and baptisim this morning,   Daddys family drove in  from S dakota. just for the weekend and oh such nice people so we had a chance to visit with them.  Heading home today  as hubby works at 8 tonight. 

been reading posts with weekend  but reception isnt good out here in Gods country so  couldnt post but do think of you folk often!  some day I hope to meet more of you!    

Prayers from our motorhome going up for each of you!    special prayers for going up for those facing  difficult health situtions!  

Have a nice day every one.

Connie D.
on 7/28/13 2:45 am

Hello Jo....we must have been posting at the same time. It sounds like you are having a busy and fun weekend!!

Hugs and love....connie d

Connie D.
on 7/28/13 2:42 am

Good morning Cindi and everyone.....

Cindi....what a way to start your day. I would be afraid to leave the house! I hope your day gets better! Congrats on feting into the smaller jeans....good for you!

Eileen....sorry you are in a funk.....hope that gets better soon. You are probably just retaining fluid...the scale will start moving again.

I am planning on running out for a newspaper and to some get some fruit. I haven't left the apartment since Thursday. I need out if only for a little bit. Such an exciting life I lead lately!

Wishing everyone a beautiful day. Prayers for all in need....some special ones as well.

Love and hugs to all....connie d

poegirl100
on 7/28/13 2:47 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Cindi and Eileen and all my OFF sistas!

Blue Funk is a BFD!  It surely has hold of a bunch of us right now.  Butch called this morning and I was so glad to talk to him, but the minute we hung up, I promptly burst into tears.  This is NOT like me.  I don't know what the heck is going on.  I told y'all a few weeks ago that I was feeling very hormonal.  Maybe that's what it is. 

Still haven't done one damn thing around here but just what absolutely has to get done.  When you have a little one in the house, you do have to cook a few meals and wash a few clothes.  But that's about it.  I'm such a slug these days.

Eileen, I won't even get on the scales.  I'm afraid to see what they say!  My clothes are tighter around the waist, so I already know it's bad news.  Cindi, kudos for you!  Losing inches is really what counts.  Who cares what the scale says.  What the hell does it know anyway?  LOL!

Been working on my cross stitch and I am enjoying that.  This one will be for one of the guest rooms.  I painted that room pale purple and I was having heck finding anything to go on the walls in there.  So I'm doing a big cross stitch with purple irises and hummingbirds.  It's pretty and if I can ever fini**** and afford to frame it, it will hang over the bed. 

My daughter Carrie posted some pictures of herself over the weekend, and oh my! she is looking good.  I tagged myself in some of them so y'all can see her.  (But she's got to okay the tag, so they're not up on my page yet.) She's lost about 50 lbs now and she looks like my girl again.  She's got one more week to go until her friend's wedding and she's still sweating that bridesmaid dress.  It's a size 18, but it must be one of those foreign size 18's.  She's wearing a size 14/16 in American made clothes.  She's down from a size 22/24!

Not much on my agenda today except to keep on watering.  May take Benny to the Y this afternoon for a swim.  He starts swim lessons in the morning.  They'll be for the next 2 weeks, so that will at least get me up and going every morning. 

Love you all!

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 7/28/13 2:48 am - Cibolo, TX

Oops!  Missed Jo and Connie.  Morning sistas!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 7/28/13 11:57 am

Vickie...I know pre-school for Benny is a month away. Hopefully the swim lessons will give you a bit of a break. I am so worried about you. I understand why you are feeling this way....I just don't like it!

Don't be so worried about the house...just do what you need to do for now. Be kind to yourself!!

As for the scale...I am not getting on one either. I feel like I am blowing up as we speak. I am on so many steroids.....I feel like a  stuffed sausage!! Plus it increases my appetite....just what I need!! I am always grazing....not happy with myself right now!!

I can't wait to see a pick of your cross stitch when it is completed. I love those colors!!

I look forward to seeing Carrie's new look. I am so happy for her!

Love you....hugs....prayers...connie

poegirl100
on 7/28/13 1:11 pm - Cibolo, TX

Oh, Connie, you are so sweet!  Don't worry about me.  I've been blue before and I always come out of it.  I'll get hold of myself one of these days and get back to work.  Just kinda having a self-indulgent funk right now.  I truly think it's hormonal and menopausal, too.  The hot flashes have abated for now, but the mood swings continue.

Now, on the other hand, I do worry about YOU!  Sure wish we lived close enough to visit and support one another.  You know I care about you very much, and I don't like to see you feeling sad or blue either.  I am so thankful the pain treatments are working for you.  I pray everyday that your housing situation will resolve itself soon.  So thankful you have your good friend Pam with you now. 

I did finally step on the scale this afternoon and then I hopped right back off again!  188.5.  Ack!  So I've been lecturing myself all day about getting back to basics.  I'm going to stop eating so many snacks.  Like you, I graze all day long.  I know better.  That's a big no-no.

Well, got to turn in now.  Had to set my alarm for in the morning so we'll be up in time for swimming lessons at the Y.  You watch: Benny's been getting up at the crack of dawn for weeks now.  Tomorrow he'll want to sleep late!  LOL!

Love you!

Vickie 

Debbie A.
on 7/28/13 4:41 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Afternoon all!

Well the wedding was beautiful. The  weather ended up at about 90 which wasn't so bad. It was really good seeing old friends. Hope you all have a great day.

Hugs,

Debbie 

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 371 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1169 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1177 views