Commitment to Moving. . .

Laureen S.
on 9/24/13 12:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning OFFr's,

Glad to see the wonderful participation continuing and people doing what they need to, but as dear Jeanne shared, it is important to get and keep fluids readily available.  We need them as a general rule, adding activity in, we must have more of them. . . I drink about 60 ounces of decaf coffee/tea a day, because once the hot weather goes away, I can't tolerate cold stuff. . . then the rest of it I take in with room temp water. . .

Anyway, I was up early and did the Roxie girl and me walk for 45 minutes. . .  what's you idea of movement today, within your capabilities.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 9/24/13 4:31 am

Hello Laureen......hope that all is going well with your new job move. You sound so excited....it is hard not to be excited for you.

I went out earlier today for my walk. I made it the full 30 minutes...YAY ME!!

I am glad I did as it is getting cloudy with possible more rain today.  It was sunny and beautiful when I was out. Chilly though....needed a light jacket.

HUGS and love....connie d

lightswitch
on 9/24/13 10:04 am

Connie,

I so admire your dedication and am always happy to see you meet your goals.  Please don't over do it and remember to drink lots of water...even when it's cool out, we still need the water.  

Connie D.
on 9/24/13 10:11 am

Thank you Jeanne....I drink probably too much water a day!!!

I am going to walk as I can.....somedays not so good...I won't give up!

Love and hugs my friend....connie d

mermaidoz
on 9/24/13 5:52 am - Canada
Skipping poolwork today, too much stuff and people to meet today.

Tomorrow go for second right breast biopsy attempt at the hospital, as first one failed (stereotactic guided breast biopsy with "deep core needle" which couldnt get sample from close to surface milk duct as not a lump, just long line) this time with ultrasound and by hand....All this to say will not be doing poolwork for maybe 2 weeks as I heal as bled from open wound for 3 days last time, and they are really going to poke and bruise me this time (last time in July bruising was spectacular and lasted two weeks before turning greenish yellow) wasnt able to do poolwork for 3 weeks last time.

Will keep posting when I'm in the water again....
Jennifer

cindibarre
on 9/24/13 8:30 am - Danforth, ME

Jennifer-  Arnica gel works great on bruising.  I had massive bruising after my hysterectomy.  The Arnica gel helped my body reabsorb the bruising faster.

Cindi

lightswitch
on 9/24/13 10:02 am

Jennifer,

Please take care of yourself and it's a good thing to put the exercising on hold.   The last breast biopsy that I had was awful and the entire right breast and under my arm turned black and blue.   

Even though you are taking a couple of weeks off to recover, please follow the posts here and let us know how things are going.

cindibarre
on 9/24/13 8:33 am - Danforth, ME

Laureen-

Did my 60 minutes of recumbent elliptical today with three 5 minute sessions of arm work with weights while pedaling.  Aching tonight but that could be related to the weather.  Like you I drink a lot of decaf coffee and tea for my fluids.  I do at least 16 ozs while pedaling.

Cindi

lightswitch
on 9/24/13 9:58 am

cindi,

Good job on the Elliptical.   Because of your dedication, I am going to give a try when I head back to the gym.   I think the constant drinking during exercising is the best approach.  I will have to remember that so as not to mess up again.  

lightswitch
on 9/24/13 9:56 am

Hey Guys,

Today, I met with my Yoga friend and a Yoga instructor to decide how to increase my moves.  I do some really good moves like with my arms, neck, back, and legs but there are some more complicated moves that I would like to master.   Even with the two helping me, I could only do so much.  SAD.  After doing a bit of Yoga and attempting complicated Yoga, I came home and walked the block (about a slow mile) with my DH.  He really needs to walk and lose a few more pounds but he won't do it alone...I cannot really count walking with him as a workout.   

The good news is that I am not one bit sore from the huge workout that Karen, Susan, and I got and I attribute that to Yoga and keeping these muscles all stretched out.   

Laureen, let me reiterate the importance of water...we weight loss gals can go from hydrated to dehydrated in a moments notice.   Also, I wanted to mention how important it is to do some stretching exercises for your legs before walking or running...you don't want to tear a muscle.   

Happy Moving guys

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 368 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1167 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1175 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1114 views